David Fales Oc And Qb Coach Eval | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Fales Oc And Qb Coach Eval

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no new news. Just need help.
In searching for any news ( anybody else do that?) I saw an article that Gates was high on Fales but perhaps not the OC or QB coach. Anyone no anything. He played great in one game and his pick was Stills running the wrong route. A replay shows Stills giving him the “my bad” on the side line.

Ive said this before in another thread and think my theory might have some truth to it....I really think Gase is covering his ass here....Gase being high on Fales gives him an extra excuse in case the unthinkable happens and Tannehill goes down again...Everyone will be blaming gase for having all his eggs in one basket, not drafting a QB etc...Gase would then have a bit of an excuse by saying he was so high on Fales that he had faith in him to come in and play for real if Tanne went down...

The fact that you say you saw an article about Gase being high on him but maybe not the OC or QB Coach adds more credence to my theory...He is a smart man and is very capable of this.

In searching for any news ( anybody else do that?) I saw an article that Gates was high on Fales but perhaps not the OC or QB coach.

That seems very ambiguous. Are you assuming Gase believes Fales can be the starting QB, but the OC and QB coach disagree with Gase about his belief? You have actually read an article that has the OC and QB coach undermine their headcoach in regards to the back-up QB position? Does the article actually say this or is just an opinion you have, which is not actually what is presented in the article? Where is this article?

Ive said this before in another thread and think my theory might have some truth to it....I really think Gase is covering his *** here....Gase being high on Fales gives him an extra excuse in case the unthinkable happens and Tannehill goes down again...Everyone will be blaming gase for having all his eggs in one basket, not drafting a QB etc...Gase would then have a bit of an excuse by saying he was so high on Fales that he had faith in him to come in and play for real if Tanne went down...

The fact that you say you saw an article about Gase being high on him but maybe not the OC or QB Coach adds more credence to my theory...He is a smart man and is very capable of this.

That makes no sense. What good would his excuse be if Fales went out on Sundays and played like crap?

Ive said this before in another thread and think my theory might have some truth to it....I really think Gase is covering his *** here....Gase being high on Fales gives him an extra excuse in case the unthinkable happens and Tannehill goes down again...Everyone will be blaming gase for having all his eggs in one basket, not drafting a QB etc...Gase would then have a bit of an excuse by saying he was so high on Fales that he had faith in him to come in and play for real if Tanne went down...

I have become strongly of the opinion that Gase doesn't really give a **** what anyone else thinks.

I have become strongly of the opinion that Gase doesn't really give a **** what anyone else thinks.
Maybe not, but he also wouldn't keep subordinates, who stir the pot, around.

This site makes me shake my head more and more lately. We are talking about an article that first of all may or may not exist.

We can do better ladies and gentlemen.
#factsmatter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be wrong but I think the OP was saying he thought Gase said that but if not Gase it was the OC or QB coach who said it. My opinion on Fales is he is has performed pretty good moat times ive seen him play for us albeit mostly preseason. That is all I can base it off of since its all ive seen is him play here. With that said if you had confidence in Matt Moore as our backup there is no need to worry with Fales. I think he could end up a slightly better more durable version of MM

WTF?

So if Gase wasn't high on his backup QB, then that would be a good thing?? I'm sorry dude but this is deep end ish right here and using someone's recollection of an article that has no source as more credence to your theory is beyond reason.

giphy.gif

WTF?

So if Gase wasn't high on his backup QB, then that would be a good thing?? I'm sorry dude but this is deep end ish right here and using someone's recollection of an article that has no source as more credence to your theory is beyond reason.

When did I mention anything at all similar to Gase not being high on him being a good thing??

Its just a fun theory to explain why weve seen articles (weeks ago) about Gase being high on Fales, who at this point has proven absolutely nothing and might not even be a good NFL backup, let alone starter material.

If I remember correctly Gase talked up Cutler quite a bit, saying he knew the system inside and out, still had something left and etc... Was that Gase being honest in a QB assessment? If it was then I have to question his evaluation skills, and if it wasn't it was Gase manipulating words and painting a good picture to the fans that wasnt even close to the truth based on how Cutler performed...

But all of a sudden Gase wouldn't do something like that and my theory is "Ish" etc...wtf lol?

Finally, I want to point out that I dont mean this as any type of negative against Gase, I like him as our coach of the future and if anything this is a compliment that he is smart enough to do stuff like this...

Back
Top Bottom