David Fales Oc And Qb Coach Eval | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Fales Oc And Qb Coach Eval

That makes no sense. What good would his excuse be if Fales went out on Sundays and played like crap?

The excuse would still help a little because at this moment everyone seems to be relatively high on Fales, saying the backup job is his for sure....If tannehill goes down, and Fales fails, having someone on the roster that people were high on during training camp/preseason would look like a lot better contingency plan by Gase than having nobody/Matt Moore/ career backup type instead...

This is compounded by the fact that the national media absolutely blasted us for not trading up for a QB, saying it was crazy to go into the season hinging all our hopes on a QB who hasnt played in a year in a half.....

Just think about it a little before you completely disregard the theory....which is all I said it was, a THEORY.....saying its completely impossible is way off base I think

When did I mention anything at all similar to Gase not being high on him being a good thing??

Its just a fun theory to explain why weve seen articles (weeks ago) about Gase being high on Fales, who at this point has proven absolutely nothing and might not even be a good NFL backup, let alone starter material.

If I remember correctly Gase talked up Cutler quite a bit, saying he knew the system inside and out, still had something left and etc... Was that Gase being honest in a QB assessment? If it was then I have to question his evaluation skills, and if it wasn't it was Gase manipulating words and painting a good picture to the fans that wasnt even close to the truth based on how Cutler performed...

But all of a sudden Gase wouldn't do something like that and my theory is "Ish" etc...wtf lol?

Finally, I want to point out that I dont mean this as any type of negative against Gase, I like him as our coach of the future and if anything this is a compliment that he is smart enough to do stuff like this...

Well your theory hinges on the point of Gase favoring Fales but that is typical, one wonders why you are conjuring up a theory of a coach liking a player to use it as an excuse if his another gets injured. I think that Gase likes players who buy into his offensive philosophy/system and Fales in his limited role is showing that. Now this doesn't mean he can't get better but he was serviceable in the Bills game.

This is the same reason why he called on Cutler last year. Cutler knew his system and teaching it wouldn't be a hindrance. Now of course Cutler is gonna be Cutler but you really can't fault Gase for trying there because who else was he going to prop up and force feed the offense in that short time?

so you post the article yet? need some sources if you want to back up this claim

I would have used Fales last year instead of Cutler. I supported the decision because Gase had hand-picked Cutler to save our season. Gase's faith in older players he has worked with in the past is his biggest failure to date.

Not me.

It would simply accelerate another 5/6 beers from my post game consumption to my in game consumption.
Dont-Worry-Hes-Good-Funny-Passed-Out-Man-Image.jpg

I liked the way Fales played in the Bills game but I am stunned at just how much Air time he’s getting in this forum.

I would have used Fales last year instead of Cutler. I supported the decision because Gase had hand-picked Cutler to save our season. Gase's faith in older players he has worked with in the past is his biggest failure to date.
I would have just had Matt Moore be the guy based on what he did to get us to the playoffs the prior year and also have a 29-35 playoff performance w a team record 14 or 15 straight completions. Oh, and also had his head removed from his body on a vicious cheap shot and only missed one play. So what we wound have went 6-10 anyway but at least the team chemistry would have been better and Jarvis might not have been such as asshat.

if adam like fales so much he should of played him last yr??? more than one games at end of yr

if adam like fales so much he should of played him last yr??? more than one games at end of yr

As bad as Cutler was (34th ranked QB last year), the team and him had us right in the thick of the playoff race until week 16....There was no way Gase was pulling Cutler before we were mathematically eliminated and replacing him with David freaking Fales.....

As bad as Cutler was (34th ranked QB last year), the team and him had us right in the thick of the playoff race until week 16....There was no way Gase was pulling Cutler before we were mathematically eliminated and replacing him with David freaking Fales.....
I get it but it was misleading - we were 2-8 in our last 10 games.

I get it but it was misleading - we were 2-8 in our last 10 games.
Really. Had not paid attention to that. So with Jay Ajayi on the team we were 4 2 early in the season then after he left really started loosing. Hum Drake really started pouring it on those last 6 games but interesting it didn't make much difference in the win column. Might not mean much just something to consider.

Really. Had not paid attention to that. So with Jay Ajayi on the team we were 4 2 early in the season then after he left really started loosing. Hum Drake really started pouring it on those last 6 games but interesting it didn't make much difference in the win column. Might not mean much just something to consider.
I was just saying that it was more of an illusion that we were still in the playoff hunt.

Back
Top Bottom