David James To Train With Miami Dolphins; England’s Goalkeeper Goes Head-To-Head With | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David James To Train With Miami Dolphins; England’s Goalkeeper Goes Head-To-Head With

In truth, James is a Miami fan and has been for a long time. He's also a fitness freak, a workout warrior if you like. He is about 33 years old and has JUST become the first choice national team goalkeeper. I think part of why he's doing it is to fulfil a fantasy as a fan, and the other part is to see whether there are any training techniques, dietary techniques, etc. that he can use to extend the longeivity of his career. He has something like 8% body fat and a physique to die for. I am CERTAIN he doesn't see it as anything more than the chance to train with people he admires and to see if there is anything new he can add to his regime that will help his career. It would be just like Olindo coming over here to play for Liverpool or Arsenal to see how he gets on....the gulf in talent will be immense, but there is that cross sport respect and cross sport need to challenge yourself against other athletes that exists. He isn't coming to win a job, just to fulfil a personal dream and help with his own professional career as a soccer player, no more, no less.

One thing though - he has 2 nicknames.....1 is Dracula and the other is Calamity. Dracula because he's scared of crosses (for non soccer fans, a cross is when a player plays a ball in from the wing (sidelines) into the penalty area and usually the goalkeeper comes and challenges for the ball and gets it because he can use his hands. Unfortunately James went through a period of dropping crosses - hence the nicknames - that resulted in goals. He is a tremendously athletic shot stopper - possibly two of the 8-10 greatest saves I have ever seen were made by David James - and I watch A LOT of soccer. Mark my words....WR he ain't. He has a tremendous arm, but obviously the way he throws a soccer ball out and the way he would throw a pigskin are completely different. But as I said, the bottom line is that he'll be having fun and NOT trying to win a job.

Two questions
Can he punt?!?!?!
What does it mean that his team got relagated?

that means the team were he plays for is so bad that they move from premier league to 2nd national league, in soccer normally the last 3 teams from the first league relagate to the 2nd league and the 3 best teams from the 2nd league promote to first

hahah i bet you english boys were hoping my chelsea keeper cudicini had some english blood in him!!! hahah

my national team keeper is a fine fellow as well......shay given has won more than one match on his own....he was great in the world cup!!!! being there live was the icing on the cake!!

Back
Top Bottom