David Stern rolling over in his grave (and he isn't even dead) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Stern rolling over in his grave (and he isn't even dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
This isnt' meant to be a flame or anything, but my god the NBA SUCKS!!!!!!

The one (and probably ONLY) NBA FINALS WEEKEND PRIMETIME game......and we gets this!? This is the best the NBA has to offer? What a joke!

The Miami Heat belong on ABC tonight. Because right now they look like Anything But Champs!

And unless the heat come back and win this series, I don't want to hear anymore Dwayne Wade talk as the best in the league. I never saw Magic, Larry, MJ, Wilt, or whoever look this bad in an NBA Finals game......EVER! Half of his points are from the foul line tonight and he is leading the team in turnovers as I speak. And the "Im sick" excuse is weak as he's been sick for 3 weeks now and played great during that time span.

Oh and a memo to Shaq---the fact you never tried to SERIOUSLY improve your foul shooting has come back to bite you in the rear end yet again. And your 1-6 in your last 7 NBA finals games. And on an 0-5 run currently. No funny one-liners is gonna get the press off you tonight. Face the music big man.

MikeO said:
The one (and probably ONLY) NBA FINALS WEEKEND PRIMETIME game......and we gets this!? This is the best the NBA has to offer? What a joke!

I agree with most of your post...except the part I quoted.

What do you mean is this the best the NBA has to offer? You think the NBA wanted the game to be a blow out? What you said just makes no sense. Do you think anyone in the NBA, or any sport for that matter...including the fans, wanted it to be a blow out.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I agree with most of your post...except the part I quoted.

What do you mean is this the best the NBA has to offer? You think the NBA wanted the game to be a blow out? What you said just makes no sense. Do you think anyone in the NBA, or any sport for that matter...including the fans, wanted it to be a blow out.

Your missing my point. When you got SUPERSTARS (and Shaq and Wade are superstars) not stars, SUPERSTARS looking like total trash in the NBA Finals, it doesn't say much for the league itself.

This goes beyond the fact it was a blowout and goes beyond the fact it was a god awful game that will get no rating and has killed the ratings for all of the games this week now. Oh no, you get BLOW OUTS in Super Bowls, and in a World Series..etc. Yet, the team getting killed doesn't usually have their SUPERSTAR players looking like garbage. They may lose and get outclassed, but the SUPERSTARS go down swinging and come out still on a SUPERSTAR level. They just didn't have enough to win.

What you have after 2 NBA Finals games is Shaq and Wade looking like they don't belong. Shaq looking old and slow and SHOT AS A PLAYER. And Wade looking like he doesn't belong yet as a top top tippy top player in this league. A notch below the Duncan's, Kobe's, Iverson's, Dirk's...etc.

It's a death nail to a league when SUPERSTARS look like garbage for the biggest games of the year. It's not about losing. It's not about not playing well. They come off as all HYPE and nothing else. That can set a league back and be a tough hole to climb out of.

(now i know I probably just pissed a bunch of ya all off by dissing Shaq and Wade, and Im not trying too. Just giving my opinon. But jump on me anyway, I know your chomping at the bit)

MikeO...

If you had seen Wade play before you saw him play for the first time tonight...you might understand why people talk about him..like they do.

Section126 said:
MikeO...

If you had seen Wade play before you saw him play for the first time tonight...you might understand why people talk about him..like they do.

I have seen him play. But this ain't January and he ain't playing Sacramento or Cleveland or Boston or just any old team.

This is the NBA FINALS and he is playing against the BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE it looks like and he is coming up short.

Wade is great. No doubt. Not saying he isn't. But, come on. The true GREAT ONES show up when the light is the brightest and the stage is the largest. Wade isn't living up to the hype. Now, he can prove me wrong if he nuts up and carries them to 4 victories in the next 5 games. But right now, you guys can make your list of Top 5 players in the league and all of that stuff, but Wade isn't on that list unless he turns it around really really really fast. This is his shot. This is his stage......and he isn't getting it done!

And these games ARE being watched by people who haven't seen Wade before. But have only read good things about him and heard good things about him. Think the league has lost those fans? Think those fans are saying to themsevles..."what was all the talk about". See, if Wade and Shaq play well and still get blown out, no biggie. League takes a little hit. When they look like trash and get blown out......DEATH NAIL to a league!

MikeO said:
I have seen him play. But this ain't January and he ain't playing Sacramento or Cleveland or Boston or just any old team.

This is the NBA FINALS and he is playing against the BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE it looks like and he is coming up short.

Wade is great. No doubt. Not saying he isn't. But, come on. The true GREAT ONES show up when the light is the brightest and the stage is the largest. Wade isn't living up to the hype. Now, he can prove me wrong if he nuts up and carries them to 4 victories in the next 5 games. But right now, you guys can make your list of Top 5 players in the league and all of that stuff, but Wade isn't on that list unless he turns it around really really really fast. This is his shot. This is his stage......and he isn't getting it done!

Was it January a week ago?

How quickly we forget.

Not living up to the hype?

Dude..he is playing now and all those other idiots are not. nuff said.

You REALLY haven't seen him play huh?

this post was as stupid a post as has ever been posted in this forum.

Here ya go MikeO..that is not in January.:rolleyes2

clear.gif

Section126 said:
Was it January a week ago?

How quickly we forget.

Not living up to the hype?

Dude..he is playing now and all those other idiots are not. nuff said.

You REALLY haven't seen him play huh?

this post was as stupid a post as has ever been posted in this forum.

NO, they aren't playing now. But at least they SHOWED UP when they were in the NBA FINALS in their career! At least they looked like they belonged.

I wasn't knocking Wade. He is great. His greatness just isn't as great as SOME make it out to be. That was one of my points. Take off the heat sunglasses and look at reality.

And he looking like crap in the finals has hurt the league as a whole. You can't deny that.

MikeO said:
NO, they aren't playing now. But at least they SHOWED UP when they were in the NBA FINALS in their career! At least they looked like they belonged.

I wasn't knocking Wade. He is great. His greatness just isn't as great as SOME make it out to be. That was one of my points. Take off the heat sunglasses and look at reality.

And he looking like crap in the finals has hurt the league as a whole. You can't deny that.

clear.gif

Section126 said:
Here ya go MikeO..that is not in January.:rolleyes2

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5130/wadeplayoffs7cw.jpg

I think those guys all have RINGS though.

My point, the stage got bigger. Wade hasn't. He can still prove me wrong and turn this around. Bottom line, when the chips are all in the middle like they are now.......he hasn't showed up.

Dominque Wilkins scored a bunch of points in the playoffs, what did he ever do though? Exactly my point!

MikeO said:
I think those guys all have RINGS though.

My point, the stage got bigger. Wade hasn't. He can still prove me wrong and turn this around. Bottom line, when the chips are all in the middle like they are now.......he hasn't showed up.

Dominque Wilkins scored a bunch of points in the playoffs, what did he ever do though? Exactly my point!

Dominique never made it as far as wade. Bad comparison.

it's his third year for christs sake.

clear.gif

i saw your little stats the first 2 times you posted it. Posting it over and over doesn't make ya right!

The GREAT ONES never look this bad in the NBA finals. The "its only his 3rd year" excuse is even weaker than the "he's sick" excuse.

Wanna go back to his college days where he led Marquette to the Final Four only to lose by about 30-40 pts in that game? Some guys raise their games when the games get bigger. Some don't. Until Wade shows me differently, I got my opinon. This is the NBA FINALS. If he's a true great, win a couple games at least and go down swinging.

MikeO said:
i saw your little stats the first 2 times you posted it. Posting it over and over doesn't make ya right!

The GREAT ONES never look this bad in the NBA finals. The "its only his 3rd year" excuse is even weaker than the "he's sick" excuse.

Wanna go back to his college days where he led Marquette to the Final Four only to lose by about 30-40 pts in that game? Some guys raise their games when the games get bigger. Some don't. Until Wade shows me differently, I got my opinon. This is the NBA FINALS. If he's a true great, win a couple games at least and go down swinging.

clear.gif

Wade is in the handful of the most clutch players in the game. You sound ridiculous with your statements.

Dwade is good but I would like to see what he can do if he played inthe WEST. The West is far superior then the east. The Mavs, Spurs, and Suns can beat the heat in series. You can put all the East Playoffs stats you want but that not against the talent you have in the West. Dwade need to take over not a game but the series in the Finals to be considered one the top players like Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Bird etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom