Davon Godchaux

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Sentinel reporting that he COULD be the next to receive an extension. What are you thoughts on him? With Davis and Wilkens in the fold, do you think he is worth one?
Absolutely. He's the best defensive lineman on the team right now. You drafted him in round 5 and developed him . . . these are the guys you should be extending. You have had him for peanuts for 3 years and will in year 4. Well earned payday.

dolfan91

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The contract DJ Reader signed as a F/A is where I think Godchaux fits in. Or at least are the parameters of a deal with Miami.

ThePeopleShow13

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think Godchaux has out preformed his 5th round draft pick expectations. I would have no issue extending him for the right price. That being said, I don’t think he adds a ton as a pass rushing threat. I see him more as a solid rotational piece. It really comes down to the number his camp is looking for.

circumstances

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think Godchaux has out preformed his 5th round draft pick expectations. I would have no issue extending him for the right price. That being said, I don’t think he adds a ton as a pass rushing threat. I see him more as a solid rotational piece. It really comes down to the number his camp is looking for.
Exactly.

He's played for basically nothing (in NFL terms) so far.

If they are looking for a fair payday, reward him.

If they are looking to break the bank, bring in Wheeler-Dealer Grier and move him on out.

ThePeopleShow13

Scout Team
Reaction score
The contract DJ Reader signed as a F/A is where I think Godchaux fits in. Or at least are the parameters of a deal with Miami.
Reader got 4y $53M. I like Godchaux, but anything over $8M per year is a hard no for me at this point. He would have to elevate his game to a pro bowl/all pro level to get $13M per year.

illscriptures

We need better LB's
Reaction score
I can totally see Grier giving him an extension. He fits the mold of his usual extensions. Mediocre talent compensated to an above average contract. e.g. Jakeem Grant, Jesse Davis, Bobby McCain.

Godchaux is not worth extending, specially after acquiring so many DT's the last 2 years. At 4 to 5 mil per year yes, at 8 to 10 mill per year please god no.

Dolph N.Fan

Taylor Club
Reaction score
I think a few people here have kind of turned on him especially after the draft. I was never really a big fan of his, but he’s outplayed his draft status for sure but there’s a reason he was available in the 5th rd. I honestly think this will be his last season in Miami and Miami has already drafted his replacement in preparation of him walking as an FA. He’s not worth the overpay he’s going to get this offseason.

Dolph N.Fan

Taylor Club
Reaction score
I can totally see Grier giving him an extension. He fits the mold of his usual extensions. Mediocre talent compensated to an above average contract. e.g. Jakeem Grant, Jesse Davis, Bobby McCain.

Godchaux is not worth extending, specially after acquiring so many DT's the last 2 years. At 4 to 5 mil per year yes, at 8 to 10 mill per year please god no.
Remember TJ McDonald was extended before even playing one meaningful snap lol

gregorygrant83

Starter
Reaction score
It's hard for me because I view Godchaux as a great backup dt/nt, but I'm still looking for that true run stuffing starting nt. It;s hard for me to think of spending that much money for somene you're trying to replace in the starting lineup.

1972forever

Second String
Reaction score
If he is willing to sign for $5-6 million a year, I am all in on signing him to a new contract. Yet if he is looking for $8 million or more a year, I just don’t see it. He is a decent player but certainly not a great player or a difference maker on defense.
I agree they should try to resign the players they drafted who have been productive but they also shouldn’t overpay for a player who who probably just be a rotational player on the better defenses in the league.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom