Day 2 Joint Practice Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 Joint Practice Thread

It will definitely be interesting to see how we attack that Charger’s D this time around. Catching them game 1 is a big advantage for us I think, not just knocking out our longest domestic road trip when easiest to plan for that but also the new wrinkles in our offense McD hopefully is coming up with before they’ve had the chance to see them. They are also breaking in a new O coordinator and system so I do think the timing here favors us.
Completely agree with this. I'm super excited for the Chargers game because I bet the team will be extremely motivated to make up for their awful performance last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up dominating this game because of what happened last year.

I want the Chargers to use the same defense they did last year and I want to see our offense beat it. We have a chance to make a huge statement on opening day and show everyone that the Chargers D doesn't have the blueprint to stop our O.

Of course Tua isn't at the same level of peak Drew Brees but they share many of the same elite traits as well as very similar concerns (health, consistency, ext..) You guys realize Drew Brees didn't just come out and light the world on fire right? He shared many of the same concerns that people have with Tua. Drew Brees found Sean Payton who built an offense tailored to his skill set and his career took off as a result. Tua's career arc to this point is extremely similar to Brees but he got McDaniel in his 3rd season while Brees didn't have Payton until his 6th season. I mean just look at Brees vs Tua below.

Rookie Season:
Drew Brees - Only played 1 game
Tua Tagovailoa - Played 10 games, starting 9 with a 6-3 record, 181.4 YPG, 64.1% Cmp, 11 TD's, 5 Int's, 87.1 Rating

Second Season:
Drew Brees - Started all 16 games with an 8-8 record, 205.3 YPG, 60.8% Cmp, 17 TD's, 16 Int's, 76.9 Rating
Tua Tagovailoa - Played 13 games, starting 12 with a 7-5 record, 204.1 YPG, 67.8% Cmp, 16 TD's, 10 Int's, 90.1 Rating

Third Season:
Drew Brees - Started 11 games with an 2-9 record, 191.6 YPG, 57.6% Cmp, 11 TD's, 15 Int's, 67.5 Rating
Tua Tagovailoa - Started 13 games with an 8-5 record, 272.9 YPG, 64.8% Cmp, 25 TD's, 8 Int's, 105.5 Rating

Safe to say through the first 3 seasons of their career, Tua looks like the far superior player. Obviously it doesn't mean he will have a better career than Brees but people forget Brees didn't really blow up until his 6th season when he went to NOL. Of course Tua isn't perfect, literally no QB in the NFL is but he showed last year that he can run an elite offense as long as he stays healthy. People used to call Tom Brady a system QB because Bill's system was tailored perfectly for him and he ran it at such a high level. How many superbowls did they win again?

I think it's laughable that people try to discredit Tua because McDaniel built a scheme that tailors to his strengths. That's literally what a good coach should do.
If you read my previous posts you would realize I said I believe Tua can get to that point and that his first two seasons in the league were a wash because Flores was a dumpster fire. I said that Tua has only played in a legitimate offense starting last season. I have never said that I’m panicked about Tua’s development. I said it needs to happen in order for this team to ultimately reach its potential and it’s something that needs to be monitored.

If you read my previous posts you would realize I said I believe Tua can get to that point and that his first two seasons in the league were a wash because Flores was a dumpster fire. I said that Tua has only played in a legitimate offense starting last season. I have never said that I’m panicked about Tua’s development. I said it needs to happen in order for this team to ultimately reach its potential and it’s something that needs to be monitored.
Yeah my bad man, the discredit Tua comment wasn't directed at you. That was more of a general statement at the end of the post.

Let's hope Tua can get to the level Brees played at because that will set us up for 20 years of being a contender baby!!!!

Don’t know the term, is that W. Virginia cuisine?

Sorry, that just means typical food from your locale.

Sorry, locale just means your immediate area.

Sorry, that means W. Virginia.

At least you have John Denver Bumpy.
Could you please ask your mom to stop calling and driving past my house? It’s embarrassing. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be your new dad.

I mean, just because a guy plows a chick on a bus filled with contortionist midgets as a 200 piece brass marching band circles around while performing some “Music Man” tribute bullshit and a rabid donkey suckles upon her teat afterwards DOES NOT MEAN that there’s any kind of “common law” arrangement.

Sheesh. Florida is weird.

Last edited:
Could you please ask your mom to stop calling and driving past my house? It’s embarrassing. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be your new dad.

I mean, just because a guy plows a chick on a bus filled with contortionist midgets as a 200 piece brass marching band circles around while performing some “Music Man” tribute bullshit and a rabid donkey suckles upon her teat afterwards DOES NOT MEAN that there’s any kind of “common law” arrangement.

9517E74C-E9A6-4C06-B92E-EF0CEEBE8F76.gif

That’s not even true here in Mississippi.

Just put her on ignore. Thought that was your thing.

Appreciate the effort you put in to this post though, just feel bad you missed work pulling the all nighter.

What in the absolute **** happened to this thread? I feel like I’m watching a Tarantino flick; I’m not exactly sure what’s going on or what’s coming next, but it’s riveting and the dialogue is outstanding.

Also, John Denver slander will not be tolerated.
You mean the same John Dieffendorf (sp) who, during the gas crisis in 1979-1980 had a huge tank constructed under his property and pumped gas into it? I think it was a 1000 gallon tank. THAT guy?

You mean the same John Dieffendorf (sp) who, during the gas crisis in 1979-1980 had a huge tank constructed under his property and pumped gas into it? I think it was a 1000 gallon tank. THAT guy?

Here’s the best thing:

I know exactly what you’re talking about, and I’ll never forget watching the news report about it as a child.

Back
Top Bottom