Day 2 Joint Practice Thread | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 Joint Practice Thread

Go buy another pair of jorts. :lol:
Don’t know the term, is that W. Virginia cuisine?

Sorry, that just means typical food from your locale.

Sorry, locale just means your immediate area.

Sorry, that means W. Virginia.

At least you have John Denver Bumpy.

Drew Brees is the guy we’re hoping Tua can become. Brees was an elite processor. Tua has to become close to Brees’s level as a processor in order to sustain a high level success in this league because Tua’s physical talent isn’t enough to make him an upper echelon QB in the NFL. That’s what has me a little concerned. Right now Tua isn’t near Brees as a processor. If he doesn’t make a leap in that department Miami’s ceiling is somewhat capped.
Well keep in mind Brees didn’t really become the Brees we know and remember until year 4 So Tua has, oh, this is the 4th year. Ya pressure is on for sure. Weapons galore, 2nd year in system/OC. It’s time if it’s ever going to be time.

And it’s why folks better watch out for a lot a bad qb contracts. If your game revolves around your legs and when they go you can’t read the field from the pocket you don’t have any plan b or counter. Your screwed. Cash in while you can. I just hope that’s never my qb.

Fixin to have a lot of flash in the pan qbs who fall off the table once attrition sets in and they can no longer beat you with their legs
The guys with running ability buy themselves years to get better as a passer. We’ve seen that with Allen/Lamar. Hurts looking to take that step. Think it’s more hope they fall off the table. Cam Newton may be that prototype but took a lot of quality years, a Super Bowl and then a major injury before that happened.

Well keep in mind Brees didn’t really become the Brees we know and remember until year 4 So Tua has, oh, this is the 4th year. Ya pressure is on for sure. Weapons galore, 2nd year in system/OC. It’s time if it’s ever going to be time.
Tua has two legit weapons.. they are great but just two, this ain’t San Fran.

Ok I agree NOT EVERYONE IS - but Ivy League is THE MOST captured - men swimming against women and glorified - over the top affirmative action where our Supreme Court stepped in and over turned the lunacy - millions at Penn from China - I dare you to step foot on Brown Univ without blue hair…

Everybody on this site is raving about McD - but for me the jury is out….

So far he does NOT seem to command enough authority to get this organization to deal with an OPEN wound - that is our o line and it’s decades old PROBLEM…

O lines win championships in this league - and this league is ALL about winning the Super Bowl - we have mad talent - we have a short window to capitalize - so let’s see if mr McD get figure it out…I have my doubts and the Yale thing in my mind works against him…
IMG_3824.jpeg

Tua has two legit weapons.. they are great but just two, this ain’t San Fran.
DJ, you’re not pre-excusing Tua not doing well this year due to lack of weapons are you? Respect your takes and awesome breakdowns of practice but at some point it’s time to go right or what exactly are we waiting for?

And what does SF have on offense that we don’t? A stud RB? That’s why I keep saying to get Cook.

This Tua talk is Rich this is why people should lay off the cold ones if they can’t handle their Pilsner

Chicken Wings Love GIF by Buffalo Wild Wings

My take on Berrios is that he's unnecessary in the regular offense except to occasionally give relief snaps. His skill-set is shifty slot... pretty much what we have with our top two. He provides nothing that we didn't have already-- intermediate routes. He's the new Punt Returner and will be a forgotten man if H/W remain healthy.
If we put Hill out wide, I'd rather go 'big slot', than an all-smurf offense.
Chosen, to me is purely a y option. Most of his routes will be deep with the occasional slant to keep his DB confused.
I see Achane as Mostert's replacement... I don't think he'll give us anything that Mostert didn't already provide (again... hope I'm wrong here).
I like the fact we signed the three you mentioned, but I don't see them as what I honestly think we needed to acquire. Again, I hope Achane proves me wrong, but I think he's too small for the pass protect and outlet pass role that would make us so much more dangerous.
If EZ doesn't blossom this year, I'd spend a one or a two on a bigger X-style WR.
Fever I love your takes generally but think you are selling Berrios short. He will be big on ST of course but I see some poor man’s Welker in his future for us. Chosen challenging deep with Reek/waddle on the field can only help as well. Achane if only a Mostert replacement is great value too since Mostert is old and hardly ever healthy. He could be more though.

DJ, you’re not pre-excusing Tua not doing well this year due to lack of weapons are you? Respect your takes and awesome breakdowns of practice but at some point it’s time to go right or what exactly are we waiting for?

And what does SF have on offense that we don’t? A stud RB? That’s why I keep saying to get Cook.
No no excuses he has enough, but there are only two players that keep coordinators honest.

Tua doesn’t have kittle or McCaffrey

No no excuses he has enough, but there are only two players that keep coordinators honest.

Tua doesn’t have kittle or McCaffrey
He also didn’t have their D backing him up last year, if we can make a big jump there that will help Immensely.

We’ve added several key pieces to the offense now to aid our top 2, hard to get much better and by the time you do find that great TE Tyreek is probably retired. Very difficult to have it all at the same time so you need your QB to make it work. Yes Mahommes is the best but he just made it work with relative no names across RB and WR positions. Can Tua approach that with superior weapons? We all hope so and time to find out.

He also didn’t have their D backing him up last year, if we can make a big jump there that will help Immensely.

We’ve added several key pieces to the offense now to aid our top 2, hard to get much better and by the time you do find that great TE Tyreek is probably retired. Very difficult to have it all at the same time so you need your QB to make it work. Yes Mahommes is the best but he just made it work with relative no names across RB and WR positions. Can Tua approach that with superior weapons? We all hope so and time to find out.
We’re on the same page

Fever I love your takes generally but think you are selling Berrios short. He will be big on ST of course but I see some poor man’s Welker in his future for us. Chosen challenging deep with Reek/waddle on the field can only help as well. Achane if only a Mostert replacement is great value too since Mostert is old and hardly ever healthy. He could be more though.
Thank you for the kind words... but we are all wrong on occasion... and some of my hot takes have blown up in my face, so no worries about telling me that I'm wrong!

I think we have at least 6, maybe 7 WRs who can fill a role. Obviously Hill and Waddle will take as many snaps as we can feed them, so the other WRs will rotate in and out depending on the formation.

My fear is that we've gone too small. Sure, H/W are great players, but neither one is a bully, and both lack size. Yes, undersized receivers are deadly at times, but in a constricted field, sometimes size and a killer attitude can be the way to succeed. Our best bet last year was Gesicki and his TD production showed that... I wish we had a 6'3" contested catch type receiver. If we had that, we could run him into those 5'9" third CBs and give him the chance to stomp the bastard.

EZ or Wilson are the only ones who might get that done... maybe.

I think we need one of these guys.

When tua made a mistake in college that was what I saw. Admittedly he didn’t make many. He was the most accurate to all fields qb I’d ever seen at the college level.

However I wouldn’t so much use the term regression as I would ceiling when it comes to process. I thought and many thought coming out of college that this kid had a peyton manning like level of processing information which would offset any physical limitations (let’s face it tbe kids got very average physical tools for the nfl level) and that with more reps and coverages being seen tua would be holding coverage and rolling thru progressions and not getting hung up on a pre snap read without post snap verification in year 4 as much.

That it would be something he’d be beyond at this stage. Just leads me to tbink tbat I may have overstated his process ceiling given there was so much rpo in his bama offense. Pocket progressions and manipulation ceiling.

And look I know that won’t sell well to folks here just like me saying eich needs to be cut but that’s what I’m getting whiffs of with the qb.
Fangio disguises with the best of them. The reps he's getting right now, against our D, are far more valuable than those against a cover 0 man up.

Teachable moments for him and McDrip to bank for the long haul.

All good things.

I do like results but you have to keep in mind most of ours were against the bottom level teams in the league. Great nail biting wins in week 2/3 against Ravens and Bills but from there it was low level teams until later in the season where we mustered a 1-6 run into money time.

Tua still has plenty to prove, I could really care less about 8 games of QBR or anything else. He has some of the best weapons in the game, time to put up, stay healthy , and then continue to put up like we routinely expect of other great QB’s.
All QBs perform better against lesser teams. That's why they are lesser teams.

Back
Top Bottom