DAY 5 Training Camp Report Tweets and Press Conference HERE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY 5 Training Camp Report Tweets and Press Conference HERE

It is worth mentioning that many of the long TDs have come on plays that lasted forever. In the real games, our receivers wont have all day to finally work open.
True, but that’s the case for most long TDs in general. At the end of the day we aren’t going to make consistent big plays if the o line doesn’t give plenty of opportunities throughout the game.

True, but that’s the case for most long TDs in general. At the end of the day we aren’t going to make consistent big plays if the o line doesn’t give plenty of opportunities throughout the game.

Good news is there will be big plays from short sets this year, too much explosion not to. But you are right; long passes need time to develop even with burners running the routes.

It is worth mentioning that many of the long TDs have come on plays that lasted forever. In the real games, our receivers wont have all day to finally work open.
Well I am more confident in this group, barring health, in creating separation than last year.

If the OL plays at least hopefully at an ‘average’ level.

Well I am more confident in this group, barring health, in creating separation than last year.

If the OL plays at least hopefully at an ‘average’ level.
In years past, doesn't our offense always seem far behind the defense? Not saying the defense hasn't had some good plays, and Howard hasn't been out there much, but our explosive plays on offense are encouraging.

I take issue with the word “most.” The bomb to Wilson, the rpo to waddle, the play action crosser to Wilson, and the wheel route to Ahmed (all videos we’ve seen) were not lasting forever. The 7 on 7 crosser to waddle and a second to Wilson would fall into that category IMO. So I’d be willing to grant you a few or even some, but not many. That’s hyperbole.

In years past, doesn't our offense always seem far behind the defense? Not saying the defense hasn't had some good plays, and Howard hasn't been out there much, but our explosive plays on offense are encouraging.

my biggest concern is that OL, especially when pads come on, I am expecting the DL to dominate honestly.

Time for the back up TE's to step up. Long and Symthe have an opportunity to show what they have.
They can still virtually participate in meetings and workout individually. I do agree this is good for Hunter Long to develop some chemistry with Tua.

Back
Top Bottom