Daytona 500 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daytona 500

wind to 30 mph at racetime... that's scary as hell considering how tricky it is keeping them on the ground with no wind.

Nascar makes its return on Sunday with the Daytona 500. Anyone have any predictions on who may win the biggest race of the year? Or even take it one step further... Who's going to win the championship?

For the 500... I'm picking Stewart... Championship... Im going to have to guess Stewart too. And no, im not a stewart fan. Just think he has the best chances this year.

Gordon wins from the 42nd spot!

Gordon wins from the 42nd spot!

If anyone can do it, he can. As long as theres no big wrecks as he's moving his way up through the field. Should be a good race though. I dislike restrictor plate racing for various reasons, but the one thing I do like is it makes every lap of the race exciting because theyre always bunched together, which is way better than someone having a 10 second lead and everyone spaced out. Just makes for better viewing, I just wish they actually still had the horsepower to pull out and pass. only a few hours away now.

Dupont24Iw-1.jpg

I'm going to give 2 names that no one would even consider...

1)David Stremme-starting 4th and has been fast all week
2)Jamie McMurray-Roush cars always do well at Daytona

That being said I think Harvick wins. His car's been pretty good, and if not for him breaking the transmission, he'd be starting up front

I tuned into Fox about an hour ago to watch racing, but instead I had to listen to Darrel Waltrip flap his gums for an hour, and now they are showing Kelly Clarkson. Is this American Idol? I thought there was supposed to be a car race? :confused: :tantrum:

Yeah... they've been overdoing the prerace lately. Especially this year, hyping a race that will probably suck (unless we get a restart with 10 or so to go) because of the hard tires and aero package.

WOW, what a finish!

I live in Daytona but Im not a huge race fan- that was one thrilling ending.

One guy crossed the finish line on his roof & on fire :lol:

Grats to Kevin Harvick on his first 500 win

Back
Top Bottom