Daytona 500 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daytona 500

WOW, what a finish!

I live in Daytona but Im not a huge race fan- that was one thrilling ending.

One guy crossed the finish line on his roof & on fire :lol:

Grats to Kevin Harvick on his first 500 win

LOL! I saw that. That was a pretty crazy finish. Nascar still sucks though.

I'm going to give 2 names that no one would even consider...

1)David Stremme-starting 4th and has been fast all week
2)Jamie McMurray-Roush cars always do well at Daytona

That being said I think Harvick wins. His car's been pretty good, and if not for him breaking the transmission, he'd be starting up front

man I'm good:ninja:

A freakin wild finish, but that sucks for Mark. He had it in the bag.

Yeah, my sister works for and dates the son of the owner of the Ginn Company. They just entered the racing scene this year, and I know I was going to hearing about the race forever had Mark won it. While it would have been semi-annoying to hear about that so much, I still like Mark and was hoping he would pull it off.

Great race, awesome finish.

I was hoping for Martin even though a Gordon fan.

By the way, 42nd to 12 is a good start for Gordon

A freakin wild finish, but that sucks for Mark. He had it in the bag.

yeah, everybody was focusing on Busch,Biffle, and Gilliland, but Harvick and Kenseth went to teh top of the race track and got a great run.

What a way for Pennzoil/Shell to re-enter the Nextell Cup as fulltime sponsors.

Martin was a fault for not winning, he let up when he saw the crashes, he even said after the race he thought the yellow was going to come out.

He should have known better.

They shouldn't have yellow flags unless someone's car is on fire.....just let them keep racing.....it sucks always having yellow flags at the end of the race. :rolleyes:

Anyone else think that Nascar should/could have waved a caution right before the wreck that took out Jr, Truex, McMurray, Rudd, and several others? There were several cars boucing off of each other and smoking. Just my opinion.

Great finish, but NASCAR should have waved the yellow flag sooner. Martin should have won the race, by NASCAR's own rules. Instead, they basically ignored their own rules to get the highlight reel finish. Fun race, great theater, but really, the result was B.S.

i'm glad they didnt stop the race..but you have to follow your own rules..lol

i just got back from daytona and that was an awsome race. everyone in the stands was rooting for martin, i feel bad for him, i think that if they are going to enforce the rules as hard as they had they need to throw the flag but i like seeing them race to the line.

Great finish, but NASCAR should have waved the yellow flag sooner. Martin should have won the race, by NASCAR's own rules. Instead, they basically ignored their own rules to get the highlight reel finish. Fun race, great theater, but really, the result was B.S.

Thats a tough call though, I mean that decision had to be made in a matter of what... 4 seconds? by the time you tell someone to throw the yellow, and it gets displayed, theyre already accross the line.

Im all for not racing back to the yellow... UNLESS its the final lap. On the final lap, I dont care whats happening, let them race to the finish. None of this freezing the field junk. I think the decision to not throw the yellow was a good call. Sucks for Mark, I really wanted him to get the win... but under caution?? no thanks. Its racing, nothing should be just given to you. You've got to earn it by driving faster than the other guy.

All in all though... what a great race! And... wow did kelly clarkson ever look.... huge! holy tank ***

Back
Top Bottom