DBoston's 1st round mock... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DBoston's 1st round mock...

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
Here is my mock..and why!

This is assuming a CBA agrrement is reached and no trades are made in the 1st.

Houston-Reggie Bush - when they gave Carr his bonus, this was a no brainer! All the trade down BS is a smoke screen, unless it's an unprecedented offer.

New Orleans-Matt Lienart- Brooks is a goner and they need something to keep the fans coming...to wherever they play?

Tennesee Titans-Jay Cutler- If ANY team could justify trading down its the titans, with Mcnair on the way out and Volek playing bad in 05..its logical.

New York Jets-D'Brickshaw Ferguson- I feel theyre the frontrunners for Ramsey so the BPA ill be Ferguson, plus now the need someone to anchor the OL.

Green Bay Packers-Mario Williams- Not that they couldnt go a thousand different ways since there are so many holes, U cant pass on quality DE's in this league since only a hand full of teams have one.

Oakland Raiders-Vince Young- The Raiders are filled with needs but in this league you need a QB, this pick could either turn the Raiders around in 2 years...or keep them at the bottom for another 5.

San Francisco 49ers- A.J Hawk- Theyre gonna lose Peterson and while they would love to trade down and get a WR later, he is there best option.

Buffalo Bills-Haloti Ngata- The conventional choice and for good reason..will he be Warren Saap..or Gerrard Warren??? Hopefully the ladder.

Detroit Lions-Chad Greenway- All the top Qb's are gone..your solid at OL and you would be a laughing stock if you draft another WR.

Arizona Cardinals-Michael Huff- Other than QB they have a nice young offense..Huff along with Rolle might be a force for many years.

ST Louis Rams-Vernon Davis- A Tight end who runs a 4.3??? Lets just hope he doesnt ride motorcycles:wink:

Cleveland Browns- Tambi Hali- Im sure they were hoping they could snag Greenway, but this team needs a pass rusher BAD!

Baltimore Ravens-Lendal White- My is it crazy how bad J.Lewis has fallen! White fits there style the best.

Philedelphia Eagles-Chad Jackson- His impressive combine has moved him past my man Holmes, Reggie Brown is not a #1.

Atlant Falcons-D'mico Ryans- Lets see you dont need a RB, With Vick a good OL is worthless, so are WR's..they got a shutdown CB and a good DL..

Miami Dolphins-Winston Justice- While a DB would be a sexy choice we need a solid guy to protect Brees:D

Minnesota Vikings-D'angelo Williams- He's got top 10 talent but with so may RB's on the market he's not a huge priority.

Dallas Cowboys-Santonio Holmes- He'll have a year to learn from Glenn and Keyshawn then watch out!

San Diego Chargers-Antonio Cromerie- They can stop the run very well, but with they need some secondary help badly!

Kansas City Chiefs-Gabe Watson-They continue to try and improve a very average defense, while the offense still has some spunk.

New England Patriots-Tye Hill- Its no secret what this teams weakness is and they are more than happy to have him fall to them.

Denver Broncos-Ko Simpson- A team with very few holes need to plan for the future, and right now Moss is a reach.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Marcus Mcneil- Need to protect the blind side of the lefthanded Simms..and he's got the agility to do it.

Cincinatti Bengals-Mathias Kiwunuka- Defense has vastly improved via the draft the past couple of years..will be a top 5 defense in 07.

N.Y Giants-Jon Scott- The Giants are elated he falls to them this late! Eli's jersey stays clean.

Chicago Bears-Leonard Pope- Big Fast TE opens things up for Grossman, all of a sudden Bears offense might be a threat??

Carolina Panthers-Max Jean Giles- A Rb would be nice, but a guy like Maroney doesnt fit the style, interior line needs to improve.

Jaxsonville Jaguars-Ashton Youboty- An awesome front seven but only 2 guys in the secondary who are worth a sh-t...

Denver Broncos-Sinorice Moss- Denver needs a Wr and Moss has capitalized on the momentum of his brother and S.Smith..the short Wr's are officially "in".

Indianapolis Colts-Nick Mangold- Pittsburgh made the once highly thought of OL of Indy look like our OL in 04.

Seattle Seahawks- Manny Lawson- Multi-talented guy who can get some pressure on the QB.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Bobby Carpenter- He will be a perfect fit for this defense..Steelers have to be the frontrunners to win it all again.

uhhhhhh that took forever:goof:

Hey!! I spent alot of time on this someone agree or disagree something!!:fire: :fire:

I agree with the Dolphins pick. Winston Justice not a sexy pick, But one that is needed. We can get either a LB or DB in the second round. Someone really good will be there in the second.

I dont think the raiders will take Young, they took Walter last year and hes that gunslinger they like. The raiders are not a good enough team to take young at this point i dont think. They need someone to help them now, their coach cant wait three years to hope this guy can play like vick

ASUFinFan said:
I dont think the raiders will take Young, they took Walter last year and hes that gunslinger they like. The raiders are not a good enough team to take young at this point i dont think. They need someone to help them now, their coach cant wait three years to hope this guy can play like vick

To Boston credit the Raider have shown aot of interest in Vince Young. He may be a Raider. If he is not he could fall along way.

Skeet84 said:
To Boston credit the Raider have shown aot of interest in Vince Young. He may be a Raider. If he is not he could fall along way.

If thats the case i feel for Moss, might need to teach him how to run block

ASUFinFan said:
If thats the case i feel for Moss, might need to teach him how to run block

He might wanna tell Vince when he is gunna take plays off so Vince can run the other way! :lol:

ASUFinFan said:

Andrew Walter is a project at best..they didnt draft him to be "the guy"..he was/ is a project, now they may feel Young is a franchise QB..and thats one of the things they need.

Skeet84 said:
He might wanna tell Vince when he is gunna take plays off so Vince can run the other way! :lol:

hahah, that was exactly what i was thinking

DBoston80 said:
Andrew Walter is a project at best..they didnt draft him to be "the guy"..he was/ is a project, now they may feel Young is a franchise QB..and thats one of the things they need.

you are right about that DBO, but i think alot of people would also agree that Young is far from being a for sure franchise qb. alot look at him as a project also. they definitely do need a qb though, could be interesting.

ASUFinFan said:
you are right about that DBO, but i think alot of people would also agree that Young is far from being a for sure franchise qb. alot look at him as a project also. they definitely do need a qb though, could be interesting.
\\

I dont think he (Young) is a franchise QB either..dont get me wrong, it just seems like an Al Davis kinda pick.

good mock tho DBO, i just hate the dolphins taking OL in the first. I believe that Houck can get somthing out of a FA pickup. Id like to see Chad Jackson or Cromartie. im just not personally a fan of taking o line in the first, unless its for someone like DBrick

DBoston80 said:
\\

I dont think he (Young) is a franchise QB either..dont get me wrong, it just seems like an Al Davis kinda pick.

Al Davis kind of pick? That actually sounds about right. Anyone who is an outcast.

Back
Top Bottom