D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated

Boomer said:
Oh dear. Looks like we've got another one.

Hali and Ferguson were on the same side at the Senior Bowl dear boy.

He didn't get used by anyone. And the important practices, he dominated everyone.

End of

My bad on Hali, but in the second half, I saw two wiffs by Ferguson. I know because i was watching him. Both sides defenses were starting to get pressure for that matter which explains why I remember Hali.

But my bottom line is, Ferguson and Wise could spell disaster, Ferguson and Houck would be gold. I am not saying that Ferguson is overrated, but that he could become overrated. See Robert Gallery.

And the other thing I think about is the Hurricane game in Va Tech. Miami didnt give Vick any daylight. Which makes me wonder. If DBrick is under 300, (I dont know), then it can become a questionmark. The great LT's of today seem to be huge. But Tony Wise is the OL coach of the Jets now, which now makes me want them to get him.

finfan54 said:
My bad on Hali, but in the second half, I saw two wiffs by Ferguson. I know because i was watching him. Both sides defenses were starting to get pressure for that matter which explains why I remember Hali.

But my bottom line is, Ferguson and Wise could spell disaster, Ferguson and Houck would be gold. I am not saying that Ferguson is overrated, but that he could become overrated. See Robert Gallery.

And the other thing I think about is the Hurricane game in Va Tech. Miami didnt give Vick any daylight. Which makes me wonder. If DBrick is under 300, (I dont know), then it can become a questionmark. The great LT's of today seem to be huge. But Tony Wise is the OL coach of the Jets now, which now makes me want them to get him.
he is 297lbs... and I guarentee he will be around 305-310 range by the start of the season... The NFL will bulk him up...

And D-Brick played for Virginia... not Virginia Tech...

If the Yets picked up D'Brick and D'Williams, I've give their draft an A+.

Boomer said:
This is the single stupidest thread in town today. Ferguson is one of the best pass blocking LT's I've graded in a decade. His run blocking needs work, but his footwork is elite and he's probably the best player in this draft, regardless of position. As for the Big 10 comment, I pray that was a joke.

I only got a chance to see D'Brick three times this year. Against Florida State he played well. Against Virginia Tech Darryl Tapp beat him twice for sacks and was putting pressure on Hagans all game. On one of the sacks Tapp completely overpowered Ferguson, basically throwing him aside like it was a WR blocking him. Finally, in the senior bowl he played well for the most part but I do remember him getting beat badly on one play.

Obviously three games isn't enough to judge him on... but that Virginia Tech game really bothered me. I think Tapp is going to be a very good pro, but he's not good enough to dominate an elite NFL LT like D'Brick is supposed to be.

Boomer said:
Oh and the DeAngelo Williams stuff is nonsense as well. The kid can flat out play.
It's not nonsense, it's an opinion. And just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I think he can't play.

I think he's good, not great. Not a top-10 player like everyone else thinks he is. He's not very big at 5'8", under 210 lbs. His speed is good, not great. His power is okay, nothing special. He has an injury history. His toughness was basically questioned by his own coach when he sat out against Tennessee. A game in which several NFL scouts were attending.

Yeah, sorry if I don't think he's all that. He's overrated. He'll be a nice/solid player in the NFL, not a Pro-Bowler IMO. I think Bush, White, and Maroney are better. We'll see.

Boomer said:
This is the single stupidest thread in town today. Ferguson is one of the best pass blocking LT's I've graded in a decade. His run blocking needs work, but his footwork is elite and he's probably the best player in this draft, regardless of position. As for the Big 10 comment, I pray that was a joke.

I'm not even sure why people are bothering to even argue with this guy. The Big 10 comment just sent it over the top.

Boomer said:
Used by who?

Takes plays off? The guy DOMINATES

Not as good against speed guys......is it never ending?

Used by Tamba Hali. During the 2nd half of the Senior Bowl, remember? When Tamba took off his North uniform and real quick put on a South uniform posing as his evil twin, Hamba Tali?

You don't remember that?

Come on finfan54, give over. I thought one round of abuse for your Tamba Hali abusing Ferguson comment was enough but you keep asking for more.

Back
Top Bottom