D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated

Juan Cribbs said:
what?? you actually think miami and virginia tech can compete with PSU or OSU? did you see what OSU did to notre dame? and what happened to miami against LSU? and how bout virginia tech almost losing to a louisville team with a freshman QB who hadn't played all year. your bias is clear here.

the fact that the 4th best team because the "top 3" teams in the ACC shows just how much parity is there and how tough it really is. it's behind the SEC and big 10 easily.

Ohh...so that's what you base your opinion on....meaningless games.

Notre Dame was garbage this year, and they'll lose their opener to Ga Tech next year, and it will silence all of the ACC critics.

The only game that we can even look at is the FSU/PSU game, because OSU only played Texas and lost, and PSU didn't play anybody out of conference except South Florida, who along with Colorado, Miami beat. And oh yeah Va Tech hammered WVU, who beat Georgia.

So you want to use the "too many if's" argument, then talk about how Louisville played Va Tech close. Get outta here.

GlennFoley said:
I would be so mad if my Jets took him. What has this guy done to warrant a top 5 pick? He's not even 300 lbs, and is known as a below average run blocker.

You're right. The Jets wouldn't want to draft a guy like Richmond Webb.

GlennFoley said:
I would be so mad if my Jets took him. What has this guy done to warrant a top 5 pick? He's not even 300 lbs, and is known as a below average run blocker.

Also, Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones were better players in college than this guy.

Basicly anyone who takes this guy with a top 10 pick is an idiot. Especially the Jets whom need a Right Tackle not a Left Tackle.

I want the Jets to take D'Angello Williams, but the "experts" are saying that is not good value for pick #4.

Why do the Jets have to pick an inferior talent just because the experts say hes good value? This draft is LOADED with OT's and at least 2 OT's that have first round talent will be available at pick #35.

Im not a big fan of Jay Cutler, but I gurantee he will be a better player than D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

I really, REALLY hope the Jets and ..... oh, i dunno, .... about 14 other teams feel this way about D' Brick.

Originally Posted by GlennFoley

wow... apparently you didnt read about him in the senior bowl... where he absolutely demolished mathias kiwinaku or what ever his name is... which by the way is on of the best defensive linemen in this years draft.. if he gains 15-25 lbs.. ferguson is probably the safest pick in the top 5 this year...

I hope the Jets front office has this dude's attitude. I'd be elated not seeing D'Brick on the Jets O-line for the next, oh I dunno, 15 years.

kpcane said:
Uh really?

Off the top of my head:
Kerry Collins (a top 5 pick if I remember correctly)
Ki-Jana Carter
Maurice Clarett
Jamar Fletcher
Courtney Brown
Tyrone Wheatley
Charles Rogers
Bryant Johnson
David Terrell

and I'm sure there are many more. The best players go to the U. You'd be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of busts that came out of there.

Edit: and Curtis Enus and Tim Biakabatuka

this is funny! I could only wish we traded up and got Ferguson

This is the single stupidest thread in town today. Ferguson is one of the best pass blocking LT's I've graded in a decade. His run blocking needs work, but his footwork is elite and he's probably the best player in this draft, regardless of position. As for the Big 10 comment, I pray that was a joke.

GlennFoley said:

Also, Jon Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Walter Jones were better players in college than this guy.

Basicly anyone who takes this guy with a top 10 pick is an idiot. Especially the Jets whom need a Right Tackle not a Left Tackle.

I want the Jets to take D'Angello Williams, but the "experts" are saying that is not good value for pick #4.

Why do the Jets have to pick an inferior talent just because the experts say hes good value? This draft is LOADED with OT's and at least 2 OT's that have first round talent will be available at pick #35.

Im not a big fan of Jay Cutler, but I gurantee he will be a better player than D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
Not according to this mock draft...
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Mock/2006/round2.shtml

However, I COMPLETLY disagree with you on D-Brick... the guy is an absolute stud! He is one of the best pass-blocking tackles I have seen in a while. His technique and footwork is outstanding...

Dont worry about his weight... he will bulk up just fine once he gets to the NFL...

LIQUID24 said:
Heh, if anyone is overrated it's DeAngelo Williams. I would much rather you guys take him than D'Brick.

There is no way DeAnge is overrated...

He is underrated due to they hype of Reggie Bush... DeAnge is the best RB in the draft...

Oh and the DeAngelo Williams stuff is nonsense as well. The kid can flat out play.

Juan Cribbs said:
stop the presses, a jets fan has a ridiculous opinion based on nothing.

All I know is after a great week of impressions, he got used by Tambi Hali. So, Could it be possible that he is overrated? Its surely possible IMO. Im tellin ya, great coaching is the key and Houck can just take someone like Scott and turn him into a great LT/RT.

Boomer said:
This is the single stupidest thread in town today. Ferguson is one of the best pass blocking LT's I've graded in a decade. His run blocking needs work, but his footwork is elite and he's probably the best player in this draft, regardless of position. As for the Big 10 comment, I pray that was a joke.

well, the best player in the draft got used in the Senior Bowl. I think Ferguson has the tools and nastiness, but could he be one that is just takes plays off or is not as good against speed guys? I dont think Ferguson is set in stone. I think he has certainly solidified his draft status. But that does not translate into greatness.

playmaker1 said:
this is funny! I could only wish we traded up and got Ferguson

Ferguson and Houck is gold. But keep in mind one Robert Gallery.

finfan54 said:
All I know is after a great week of impressions, he got used by Tambi Hali. So, Could it be possible that he is overrated? Its surely possible IMO. Im tellin ya, great coaching is the key and Houck can just take someone like Scott and turn him into a great LT/RT.

Oh dear. Looks like we've got another one.

Hali and Ferguson were on the same side at the Senior Bowl dear boy.

He didn't get used by anyone. And the important practices, he dominated everyone.

End of

finfan54 said:
well, the best player in the draft got used in the Senior Bowl. I think Ferguson has the tools and nastiness, but could he be one that is just takes plays off or is not as good against speed guys? I dont think Ferguson is set in stone. I think he has certainly solidified his draft status. But that does not translate into greatness.

Used by who?

Takes plays off? The guy DOMINATES

Not as good against speed guys......is it never ending?

Back
Top Bottom