D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D'Brickashaw Ferguson=Overrated

GlennFoley said:
First of all if D'Brick was any good he would be playing the Big 10. The Big 10 is where all the premier players play. Everyone knows there are no busts from the Big 10.

Uh really?

Off the top of my head:
Kerry Collins (a top 5 pick if I remember correctly)
Ki-Jana Carter
Maurice Clarett
Jamar Fletcher
Courtney Brown
Tyrone Wheatley
Charles Rogers
Bryant Johnson
David Terrell

and I'm sure there are many more. The best players go to the U. You'd be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of busts that came out of there.

Edit: and Curtis Enus and Tim Biakabatuka

Juan Cribbs said:
lol, i find it hard to believe several people took the big 10 comments seriously.

I feel a big rivalry between the ACC and the Big 10 right now, and I'm sick of people who root for Big 10 teams acting like the ACC is weak, so that's why I took it seriously. People from the Big 10 need to realize how drastically overrated every team in that conference is.

the big 10 is better than the ACC. plain and simple. regardless, his statement was obviously a joke.

ACC is obviously an inferior conference.

The fourth best team in the ACC would be a bottom feeder in the big 10.

:sidelol: :sidelol:
GlennFoley said:
First of all if D'Brick was any good he would be playing the Big 10. The Big 10 is where all the premier players play. Everyone knows there are no busts from the Big 10.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I remember some Michigan linemen busts in the early 80's(Ed Muransky, Kurt Becker), and of course do not forget Maurice Claret:goof:

GlennFoley said:
ACC is obviously an inferior conference.

The fourth best team in the ACC would be a bottom feeder in the big 10.

Florida State, Ga Tech, and BC were all in a tie for 3rd place, so one could argue FSU was the fourth best team in the ACC. If it weren't for the missed field goals and inexperience at the QB position, the 4th best ACC team would have beaten the best Big 10 team this year.
The team that was in a 4 way tie for 8th place in the ACC also beat the 7th team in the Big 10. (Virginia over Minnesota)

This all translates to: teams that have a significantly worse conference record in the ACC can not only hang with their Big 10 counterparts, but they beat them.
The only team any Big 10 team beat this year was Notre Dame, and don't even get me started on them.
The ACC won more bowl games, and beat better non-conference opponents than the Big 10 did. The Big 10 (for football) is the most overrated conference in all of college sports.

Juan Cribbs said:
the big 10 is better than the ACC. plain and simple. regardless, his statement was obviously a joke.

That's a really weird joke then, because his entire post would be invalidated. It just doesn't make any sense as a joke; makes a lot more sense as an argument.

kpcane said:
That's a really weird joke then, because his entire post would be invalidated. It just doesn't make any sense as a joke; makes a lot more sense as an argument.
Like his 1st post, it makes no sense whatsoever :wink:

kpcane said:
Uh really?

Off the top of my head:
Kerry Collins (a top 5 pick if I remember correctly)
Ki-Jana Carter
Maurice Clarett
Jamar Fletcher
Courtney Brown
Tyrone Wheatley
Charles Rogers
Bryant Johnson
David Terrell

and I'm sure there are many more. The best players go to the U. You'd be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of busts that came out of there.

Edit: and Curtis Enus and Tim Biakabatuka

Its Enis by the way

Oh man I totally forgot tony mandarich.

Duh. HUGE big ten bust. Probably the joke the guy was making

Oboy said:
WOW... Brick is no way over rated. He is the best lineman in this draft. Now, any olineman that is coached by Tony Wise is definitely going to look lost and terrible (take it from us phin fans). So he may look like a bust after wise is done with him.

He needs to bulk up. The one criticism from most experts is his run blocking. He has great feet and is an exceptional pass blocker. He reminds me of Richmond Webb.
Webb came out of college as the top LT with great footwork and athleticism, but his shortcoming was also run blocking.

kpcane said:
Florida State, Ga Tech, and BC were all in a tie for 3rd place, so one could argue FSU was the fourth best team in the ACC. If it weren't for the missed field goals and inexperience at the QB position, the 4th best ACC team would have beaten the best Big 10 team this year.
The team that was in a 4 way tie for 8th place in the ACC also beat the 7th team in the Big 10. (Virginia over Minnesota)

This all translates to: teams that have a significantly worse conference record in the ACC can not only hang with their Big 10 counterparts, but they beat them.
The only team any Big 10 team beat this year was Notre Dame, and don't even get me started on them.
The ACC won more bowl games, and beat better non-conference opponents than the Big 10 did. The Big 10 (for football) is the most overrated conference in all of college sports.
too much ifs and buts and just not enough logic. the best teams in the big 10 can beat the best teams in the ACC.

Juan Cribbs said:
too much ifs and buts and just not enough logic. the best teams in the big 10 can beat the best teams in the ACC.

Did you even read what I wrote? The 4th best team could have easily beaten the best team in the Big 10.
Are you trying to tell me that Miami and Va Tech aren't as good as Penn State and Ohio State? Get this guy outta here!

Why don't you actually use something to back up your arguments besides "because I said so". The only subjective thing - the polls - also have more ACC teams than Big 10 teams, so I'd like to see why you think they are better.

kpcane said:
Did you even read what I wrote? The 4th best team could have easily beaten the best team in the Big 10.
Are you trying to tell me that Miami and Va Tech aren't as good as Penn State and Ohio State? Get this guy outta here!

Why don't you actually use something to back up your arguments besides "because I said so". The only subjective thing - the polls - also have more ACC teams than Big 10 teams, so I'd like to see why you think they are better.
what?? you actually think miami and virginia tech can compete with PSU or OSU? did you see what OSU did to notre dame? and what happened to miami against LSU? and how bout virginia tech almost losing to a louisville team with a freshman QB who hadn't played all year. your bias is clear here.

the fact that the 4th best team because the "top 3" teams in the ACC shows just how much parity is there and how tough it really is. it's behind the SEC and big 10 easily.

Back
Top Bottom