DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED???

Jay's Finger

Originally posted by inFINSible
How can Jay's finger be the problem when he started the game yesterday with 9 straight completions and was 17-25 with 158 yards and a rushing TD in the first half......

He imploded in the fourth Quarter, but to say it was because of his finger is questionable? I'm not trying to flame you here 87, but I would like to know how you came up with this theory?

I subscribe the 'Fins insider and they even mentioned that one of the main reasons he was so off was because his finger was so jacked. He could throw the short to intermediate passes relatively well, but if he tried to put anything on the friggin ball for a long one he just couldn't do it.

IMO, he shouldn't have been out there with his finger like that. If Wanny wasn't going to pull him because of it, he should've done it himself as it was obvious he was having problems with it. Wanny's already made it very clear that there's not going to be a QB contraversy in Miami so Jay shouldn't be too concerned about pulling himself due to injury; it just makes sense for the team.

Well.....then that WOULD EXPLAIN why he looked so good in the first half and so bad in the second half. :o

Infins, in Wanny's post game comments, he said Jay had the finger hit in the second quarter, and re-aggravated the injury. It was swollen, and hurting the rest of the game.

Sorry, I thought everyone knew this.

Re: Jay's Finger

Originally posted by Expo88

I subscribe the 'Fins insider and they even mentioned that one of the main reasons he was so off was because his finger was so jacked. He could throw the short to intermediate passes relatively well, but if he tried to put anything on the friggin ball for a long one he just couldn't do it.

IMO, he shouldn't have been out there with his finger like that. If Wanny wasn't going to pull him because of it, he should've done it himself as it was obvious he was having problems with it. Wanny's already made it very clear that there's not going to be a QB contraversy in Miami so Jay shouldn't be too concerned about pulling himself due to injury; it just makes sense for the team.
:lastyr: :lastyr: is this 2000 again ? I know Ray is 100x betta than Huard, Brock or Damon, but Jay will never pull himself -either Shula or Wanne will need to grill him on his health. Jay is a total warrior and will need to kept restrained on the sidelines before he will take himself out :rolleyes:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Oh....and I completely agree with you about the frustrating people in here today.....I'm seriously considering letting the lunatics run the asylum for a week and then come back after they have been medicated with a Dolphin victory next week.;)
:lol: Can I be the 'head' lunatic? I still stick by my 'Jason Taylor is absolutely drop dead gorgeous' statement! I was gonna quote the info on his stats...but someone beat me to it.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Infins, in Wanny's post game comments, he said Jay had the finger hit in the second quarter, and re-aggravated the injury. It was swollen, and hurting the rest of the game.

Sorry, I thought everyone knew this.

missed that 87.....my bad.:(

Originally posted by OpinionatedFan
:lol: Can I be the 'head' lunatic? I still stick by my 'Jason Taylor is absolutely drop dead gorgeous' statement! I was gonna quote the info on his stats...but someone beat me to it.

It's all yours Nurse Ratchet;):lol:

Taylor is not overrated. He is a great guy to have on your team. He is strong, has lots of speed, is one of the best DEs in the league, and never quits on a play. He commonly catches up with RBs after they are out of the backfield and tackles them from behind. He doesn't take plays off and doesn't stop until the play is over.

Originally posted by grooves12
Personally, as much as it pains me to say this, I think our Defensive Ends miss having Daryll Gardener in the lineup. You can say what you want about him, but when he WAS on the field he was a great player. He gave us the dimension of not only being able to stuff the run, but he consistently got upfield in passing situations. He may have not always got the sack, but getting push up the middle forces the QB to flush to the outside, and usually into an oncoming defensive ends arms.

I agree with you, but I still think it was smart to cut him. He was being a pain in the ass and he's always hurt anyways. What has he done for the deadskins this year?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! First off how did Feidler come up in this thread? Show me one single DE in the league that plays the run like Jay, has 25 sacks the last 2 years like Jay, has over 160 tackles the last two years like Jay, has 3 tds in the past 2 years like Jay, has like 10 FF and 5 FR in the last 2 years like Jay, this thread is upserd. You are going to jumpa all over a guy that has played 2 of 4 games with a sprained knee that would keep 90% of all players in this league on the bench. Jay has been the most consitent player we have had on D the last 2 years, and is the heart and soul of our D. If you want to start questioning players on our defense why aren't you asking where Zach has been? I know where JT has been and it is putting preasure on the QB and takleing the RB, i have only seen #54 once all year.

It really confused me that our D-line could dominate the KC O-line when they were running the ball. The TD run by Holmes was a great individual play the defense was there. Yet they couldn't get any pass rush on or contain for that matter Trent Green. The lack of a pass rush was a big, big problem on Sunday and I would personally like to see more blitzes. Just about every good DE has a legitimate threat on the other side. Our pre season darling OGUN has not been that guy. Hey the Jets went undefeated in Preseason just as OGUN had 8 sacks. Both have dissapointed thus far. I'm not writing OGUN off but I think a better case can be made that he has been ineffective than JT is overrated. **** to pick on him after a game when he played solid against the run with a partially torn MCL is unfair. Fletcher, Fiedler and Taylor huh in my opinion a lot of you guys pick on the wrong players. Where's OGUN, D. Bowens, R Burnett, J.Williams, Morlon Greenwood, Sam Madison (got burnt not physically beaten) by Gonzo, and even Chambers screwed up on one of Jays picks. How about Ricky's fumble that the chiefs recovered and the second one that I personally thought was a fumble and the refs made a bad call. My point is when a team loses you can disect and attack a lot of players yet dolfans always seem to be after the same ones. Gonzo made Zach Thomas look like a school girl trying to cover him and don't tell me its on;y because he's the best TE in the game. The Pats were down their 2 best LB's and they held Gonzo to one catch. But I know Fletcher, Fiedler and Taylor are the blame for the loss. JAY FIEDLER IS THE STARTING QB FOR THE MIAMI DOLPHINS AND JAMAR FLETCHER IS THE NICKEL BACK. No matter how much us non coaches cry on the internet its not going to change any time soon.

I can't believe somebody is actually questioning JT. The guy is unreal. He's playing with a SPRAINED MCL and somebody has the nerve to DOGG HIM for not getting to the QB?? Please.

And he wasn't facing some chump at LT. He was facing Willie Roaf. And Roaf ain't too bad. Ask any LT about Jason Taylor. You'll hear respect.

Back
Top Bottom