DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE J. Taylor : OVERRATED???

Originally posted by grooves12

We are talking about rushing the passer. Just because we stuffed Priest Holmes.... means absolutely nothing when it comes to the passing game. All a defensive lineman has to do in the running game is hold the point of attack, and not let the running back come forward. In the passing game you have to get pressure up the field... our defensive lineman, mainly the tackles have not shown the ability to do this, that is why we are not coming up with many sacks.

the problem is jim bates. he has to start using the speed of marlon greenwood and derrick rogers other than in coverage. we dont blitz at all. im sick of this sit back and wait attitude of our defense. that is coaching. tom olividotti stylie.

Good post finfan. I'd love to see Rodgers and Greenwood deployed as blitzers. That might have changed things, Green was way too comfortable back there. What happened to our corner blitz?

JT should not be criticized. He plays 125%, draws the double teams, plays with his head. O-gun has also been playing well IMO. While we haven't gotten the pass rush they have been playing quite solidly. I'd like to see Bowens(David) at DE on pass rushing situations, he's more of a probllem for the offense outside one on one, IMO. I think thew blitzs will increase once Surtian is back in the starting lineup.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
I'm just wondering who he would like to replace JT with?

I'd replace him with DE David Bowens....

Put O-Gun on one side, and D-Bow on the other and see what happens....

I'd be willing to bet that we'd see more pressure on the QB....

I even thought DE L. Bromell played better than J. Taylor last year, as far as pressure on the QB is concerned....

You guys seem to think I'm not satisfied with the way JT has played....That's not true. I'm satisfied....

I just think that being who he is, and what he's accomplished in the his previous NFL seasons, he should be putting up better sack numbers, and getting better pressure on the QB....

This is J. Taylor we're talking about here. He's suppose to be our leader, and our best DE. Thus far, against some rather weak OL's, he hasn't done much to make me a true supporter.

We've been using him the wrong way IMHO. He's too skinny, and too weak to play DE IMO. Sure he's fast, but playing DE, that's meaningless if your not stong enough to get around the OT.....

IMHO J. Taylor would be the perfect fit at OLB. He's tall, he's fast, and IMO he'd have much more sucess getting pressure form the OLB position. He'd be a very dangerous blitzer from the OLB position IMO....

We can't just get rid of him, but let's face it, he's not one of the top 5 DE's in the league. I can hardly fit him in my top 10, let alone the top 5....

I think he's got tons of talent, I just think we could find someone who's a better fit at DE. Someone bigger, younger, and stronger....

These are just MY OPINIONS. They are not to be taken personally....

Thank you,

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

....and you think that David Bowens would be BETTER than JT?:lol::lol::lol:

Blitz, you're a Dolfan. So I like you.

But you're out of your mind.

Back
Top Bottom