DE J. Taylor : Where Are You??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE J. Taylor : Where Are You???

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Originally posted by Phinstd
You say "Overrated 9 sacks" most experts will say that JT was the best DE in the AFC last year and definitely should have been to the Pro-Bowl last year. He was phenomenal last year w/o a guy on the other side to take any pressure off him.

He plays the run extremely well and chases alot of plays down from behind. You say relies o his speed to make plays, show me a RDE who doesn't? That's why every team looks up and down for speed rushers to pressure the QB.

BTW, he gave up his modeling career before last season and only does sparse work at it now. Please become informed before you talk stuff about one of the best defensive players at any position in the game.
[/QUOTE

==============================================

Your first paragraph : Name one expert who said JT was the best DE in the AFC last year....Good Luck.

"He plays the run extremely well??"....How are you playing the run extremely well, when your chasing down players from behind??? That's not playing the run extremely well IMO. That's chasing a player down from behind because for some strange reason he already got by you.....

He has improved against the run, that I'll admit.

He relys on his speed because that's all he has....If he had some strength, he wouldn't need to be as fast. If he had both, he would be the dominating DE most of you already think he is....

"Informed???"......What, about his modling career???

I'm a football fan. I'm very informed about what he does as a football player. I could care less about his modling career.

"One of the best defensiev players at any position in the game"

Please, get some help....That's one of the most laughable compliments I've ever heard anyone give to J. Taylor. :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Blitz...We just had a link on one of the post where it listed JT as one of the 50 top players in the NFL..I think there's a lot more players in the NFL than that and he made that list..I'd say he considered of the best DE's out there..If he isn't he gets a whole lot of attention from team O for someone who's isn't that good.

Chris Mortenson I think was the one that said that JT was the best overall DE in the AFC last season. I know for sure Jerry Glanville(is that is name?) from the CBS pregame show said it. Seriously BLITZ, it may be preseason boredom, because normally I can't see how anyone would question JT like this. Its only preseason......

Originally posted by mee
Blitz is like D-Gard ... he talks a big game about his knowledge but can't back it up through his posts. If only he were injured as often....

Listen rookie, I talk about football. I never claimed to be the all-knowing genius that your saying I'm not.....

My posts are based on my personal opinions. They are what I claim them to be....OPINIONS.

"I can't back it up through my posts"......

What is there to back up to begin with???....These are merely my opinions.

If you don't like my opinions, you don't have to.

If you ever get around to posting any of your own, let me know so I can give you my opinion of yours....

If you even have an opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

I just gave an opinion ... you are like D-Gard. Its a similie.

But you want more ... I think you are reading WAY too much into preseason. I think you make senseless indictments of our best players b/c they don't have as many sacks as some guys; guys who by the way have been playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers; guys who have to win a spot on the team rather than knock off offseason rust.

I think you completely miss some of the most important aspects of understanding good play on the field. How many INTs did Madison have last year? Why so low ... because people don't throw at him. JT is gonna have certain statistical shortages b/c teams will avoid him.

But one thing I'm sure you will agree with me about ... You'll be happy when he proves you wrong.

This mother****er has to be on crack or heroin with this foolish ass post. I don't have to sit here and really say **** to defend J.Taylor. All I can say is this is the worst post that I have seen in here in a long time...

Originally posted by mee
Blitz is like D-Gard ... he talks a big game about his knowledge but can't back it up through his posts. If only he were injured as often....

Why are you getting personal?? Blitz posts a controversial opinion and gives us something to sound off about while waiting for Thursday. Save the smack for outsiders.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
This mother****er has to be on crack or heroin with this foolish ass post. I don't have to sit here and really say **** to defend J.Taylor. All I can say is this is the worst post that I have seen in here in a long time...

Normally I wouldn't agree with what CRAZYDOLFAN305 has to say but you must be on crack blitz to think J.Taylor is overrated.:eek:

Blitz...I think your opinion about JT is wrong(Don't we all?)

And one more question...who the heck is Ogunga?

:lol: I thought it was plain O-Gun :lol:

That's funny, I've been a Phinz fan since I could walk, and I've been a season ticket holder for 7 years now....

I'd wish you start proving that your a fan. Are you happy about anything pertaining to the phins because your constantly griping about everything.

Originally posted by mee

I think you completely miss some of the most important aspects of understanding good play on the field. How many INTs did Madison have last year? Why so low ... because people don't throw at him. JT is gonna have certain statistical shortages b/c teams will avoid him.

But one thing I'm sure you will agree with me about ... You'll be happy when he proves you wrong.

So, let me get this straight. You think the reason S. Madison had so few picks is because QB's don't throw at him....Correct???

I think that's part of it, but certainly not the whole part of it.

Did you ever think to realize that it's because we had absolutley zero pass rush last year???.....

No pressure = completions = no picks.

"JT is going to be avoided???".....really??.....by who??

He doesn't have to prove me wrong. He has already proven with consistant pressure on the opposite side that he can get sacks. When T. Armstrong was here, he had the best season of his career.....Gee I wonder why???

So far, the pressure opposite J. Taylor this season has been improved and upgraded over last season. What has he done with that thus far???....Very little.

I have faith in JT, and I'm confident that he can break the 10 sack mark. I think he's capable of making last seasons numbers look average. So far though, he's been the last guy the coaches or fans are talking about when it comes to getting to the QB on a consistant basis......

I hope he does prove me wrong. He may.....Right now though, I think Ogunga and Bowens are better pure pass rushers than J. Taylor is. It's just an opinion, and it's not meant to be taken personally.....

I know JT has a large fan club around Phinzland, but I'm not one of them....

And If the Ogunga / Bowens duo produces more pressure on the opposing QB's this year, I wouldn't be surprised.....

Hell, I even thought DE L. Bromell put more pressure on the QB than J. Taylor did.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
:fire:

Hey Fritz -

Too bad your thread was erased I was looking forward to it. And it was a rather funny title ... I can assure inaccurate but funny nonetheless.

Hey Mod.... come on let us have our fun ... noone's fellings are getting hurt and no bad language is being used by either one of us. Plus I had a sweet burn for ol' Fritzy over there that I won't get credit for

Blitz:

I disagree with you on a couple of your points..

1. The SM thing..Bottom line QB's didn't throw at him much..No pressure = completions = no picks. Blitz, we had the #1 Secondary in the NFL last year..HUH Your formula should have read No pressure=short completions=scare of Secondary.
2. Just about every major play in the opposing teams offensive backfield has JT all over it...He was double team most of the year because as you say the other side wasn't getting pressure. and he still led the team in sacks and had 86 tackles..Think about that.
3. The preseason teams focus on JT..not our other DE..They will when regular season starts..but only if that position proves that preseason was no fluke..Teams will start out double teaming JT..If Ougunney proves to be the real deal..Then you will see a JT on one on one...I think you will see the difference.
4. The coaches don't have to talk about JT, we all know what he can do..We are please to see what the new people can do..Check this out..you've heard about 4 different starting DE on the one side..Notice that you haven't even come close to someone completing for JT's spot..wonder why..Everyone talks about the other DE complimenting JT, to take some of the pressure,(i.e) double teams off him but this is all talk let JT do it on the field and let you see...but if you missed it the last couple of years, you're probably miss it again this year.

Not sure which games...

... been watching, but the ones I've been watching JT has been one very active DE. Don't forget 1st it's only pre-season and you can't expect a VET player like JT to give a damn, and 2nd that he hasn't been in all game long. The last thing we have to worry about on this D is JT.

JT is coming off his best year as a Pro IMO. I see no reason why he won't improve on that.

Oliver...

This is a subject that has been bothering me some. The subject is "J. Taylor : Where Are You??"....

DE J. Taylor has been almost silent during the pre-season this year. At the same time, two young guys {Ogunleye/Bowens} have stepped up and made an immediate impact on our pass rush.....

At the same time, J. Taylor has been very quiet.....

This bothers me. Here's why.....

A. Ogunleye "OGUNGA" has played twice as good as J. Taylor has this off-season. I also think D. Bowens was doing more than J. Taylor before he went down as well.....

BOTTOM LINE : J. Taylor hasn't been getting to the QB as regularly as these two youngsters have, and I'm wondering why. Where are his numbers, and will he improve on last seasons "highly overrated" 9 sacks???......

I say highly overrated because most of them were a direct result of the opposing WR's being shut down.....COVERAGE SACKS.

J. Taylor has never impressed me with his size, and he relies heavily on his speed. He's a skinny speed rusher with minimal strength. His style is simply one demensional......

I like what I've seen from both Ogunga and Bowens more than what I've seen from J. Taylor. If J. Taylor can't get to the QB as frequently as either one of these new guys, what does that tell you about the value of a player like J. Taylor????......

It tells me that he's slipping. It also tells me that he's not as good as some fans think he is.....

In order for J. Taylor to win back my confidence, I'll need to see him rack up more than 10 sacks this year.....If he can't break 10, he's not worth keeping around much longer IMO.

His career as a model has been working well, maybe he's more concerned about his looks than getting to the QB......

There are plenty of guys who could come in and replace him IMO. Ogunga and Bownes have proven that already.....

J. Taylor : Where Are You???:cry:

This is a subject that has been bothering me some. The subject is "J. Taylor : Where Are You??"....

DE J. Taylor has been almost silent during the pre-season this year. At the same time, two young guys {Ogunleye/Bowens} have stepped up and made an immediate impact on our pass rush.....

At the same time, J. Taylor has been very quiet.....

This bothers me. Here's why.....

A. Ogunleye "OGUNGA" has played twice as good as J. Taylor has this off-season. I also think D. Bowens was doing more than J. Taylor before he went down as well.....

BOTTOM LINE : J. Taylor hasn't been getting to the QB as regularly as these two youngsters have, and I'm wondering why. Where are his numbers, and will he improve on last seasons "highly overrated" 9 sacks???......

I say highly overrated because most of them were a direct result of the opposing WR's being shut down.....COVERAGE SACKS.

J. Taylor has never impressed me with his size, and he relies heavily on his speed. He's a skinny speed rusher with minimal strength. His style is simply one demensional......

I like what I've seen from both Ogunga and Bowens more than what I've seen from J. Taylor. If J. Taylor can't get to the QB as frequently as either one of these new guys, what does that tell you about the value of a player like J. Taylor????......

It tells me that he's slipping. It also tells me that he's not as good as some fans think he is.....

In order for J. Taylor to win back my confidence, I'll need to see him rack up more than 10 sacks this year.....If he can't break 10, he's not worth keeping around much longer IMO.

His career as a model has been working well, maybe he's more concerned about his looks than getting to the QB......

There are plenty of guys who could come in and replace him IMO. Ogunga and Bownes have proven that already.....

J. Taylor : Where Are You???:cry:

Sorry guys, But im gonna have to agree with Blitz.....JT hasnt really convinced me yet he can make noise this season....like I said in my firest observation.....he had lots of chances to get to the QB and instead of rushing the QB he would contain them like as if he was afraid the QB would take off on him....thus giving him more time to throw.....and that was D.Carr (Not sure how fast he really is)......But meanwhile I can only hope and say I HOPE JT PROVES ME AND BLITZ WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Questioning, JT's ability is borderline insanity.....of all the things to question, this would be last on the list.....You can have your own opinion but when you put it out here for discussion the last thing you should expect is for everyone to agree with you. Especially when you KNOW that what you are putting up is controversial, to say the least. If you didn't expect some hostile reactions to your opinion, you obviously, don't know Dolphin fans very well or you do know them very well and this was strictly flame material.
How many sacks has JT had in his career during the preseason.....don't know do you....that's cause it don't matter.
I'm having a hard time believing that you REALLY are concernd about JT's play based on a few meaningless preseason games....an intelligent football fan like yourself HAS to be pulling our leg about this one......

Back
Top Bottom