December 1 BCS Standings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

December 1 BCS Standings

MarinoFan4Life

Ronnie Brown... He's awesome
Reaction score
WHat are we thinking for BCS games?

OSU-Miami rematch in the fiesta bowl?

I'm all for beating Miami 2 in a row.

The Canes are getting screwed in the polls. We should be ahead of both Florida State & Ohio State.

We have a BCS bowl locked up.

Now my second favorite USC better not get screwed out of the #2 slot in the BCS. They're the only team that has a chance to beat Oklahoma.

I think the match-ups will be:

Sugar = Oklahoma v. USC (Oklahoma wins 38 - 17)

Rose = Michigan v. Texas (Michigan wins 28 - 20)

Orange = Miami v. Ohio State (Will look very similar to last years fiesta except it won't matter....coin-flip says Miami)

Fiesta = FSU v. LSU (LSU wins 24-14)

Originally posted by Angneli
I think the match-ups will be:

Sugar = Oklahoma v. USC (Oklahoma wins 38 - 17)

Rose = Michigan v. Texas (Michigan wins 28 - 20)

Orange = Miami v. Ohio State (Will look very similar to last years fiesta except it won't matter....coin-flip says Miami)

Fiesta = FSU v. LSU (LSU wins 24-14)

I agree, but it wont be a coin flip, Miami will win. The all match up pretty well.

Miami is getting screwed in the polls. We lost two games, but we have the lowest ranking of all the 2 loss teams in the big conferences. It is complete bull**** that Miami is ranked lower than FSU who we beat at their house!

Why should Miami be ranked ahead of O-State? Because OSU lost 2 games as well? Oh thats right, BOTH of the games OSU lost were ON THE ROAD TO RANKED TEAMS! Everyone can talk all the **** they want about OSU, but they're still one of the best teams in the nation, yes, even better than the stupid Canes.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Why should Miami be ranked ahead of O-State? Because OSU lost 2 games as well? Oh thats right, BOTH of the games OSU lost were ON THE ROAD TO RANKED TEAMS! Everyone can talk all the **** they want about OSU, but they're still one of the best teams in the nation, yes, even better than the stupid Canes.

We also lost 2 games to ranked teams, although I don't think Va Tech is ranked anymore.

The Buckeyes just have a lot of luck, although their luck ran out. If the two play each other in a Bowl game, the Canes will win.

At the time of all three of our losses Miami's two losses were to better opponents. We lost to VT & Tennesse, Ohio State lost to Michigan & Wisconsin, & Florida State lost to Miami & Clemson(please). That's why Miami should be ranked higher.

Miami has beaten 4 top 26 teams, Ohio State has beat Purdue, Iowa, & Bowling Green.

LSU is better than USC, lol. They can't compete with USC. USC is a complete team with talent every where.

Oh, your'e right. Hell, LSU sucks. They play in the SEC, compared to where USC plays in the Pac 10. We all know how much better the Pac 10 is than the SEC. (please)

LSU has the #1 SCORING DEFENSE in America! Matt Mauck has the highest passer rating in the SEC, not Eli Manning.
LSU has what many consider the best o-line in the country, as well as a top 5 nationally rated reciever core.

What were you saying about a complete team with talent everywhere?

Oh, your'e right. Hell, LSU sucks. They play in the SEC, compared to where USC plays in the Pac 10. We all know how much better the Pac 10 is than the SEC. (please)

Tell me, who has the stronger strength of schedule? Thank you, USC. The Pac 10 is one of premier conferences in NCAA, it's not like they're in the WAC. LSU screwed themselves over by making a cake easy schedule. WTF are they doing scheduling UL Monroe, Arizona, La Tech, & Western Michigan? I can understand if they're in your conference & you have to play them.

LSU has the #1 SCORING DEFENSE in America! Matt Mauck has the highest passer rating in the SEC, not Eli Manning.
LSU has what many consider the best o-line in the country, as well as a top 5 nationally rated reciever core.

What were you saying about a complete team with talent everywhere?

-Matt Leinart is better & has a higher QB rating than Mauck.
-USC's trio RBs are better than LSU's quartet.
-WRs are evenly matched with star power.
-TEs are a non-factor
-USC's oline isn't but a notch behind LSU's. Jacob Rogers is a top LT prospect, Winston Justice was the best freshman tackle in the country last year, Lenny Vandermade will be in the pros next year.
-Both have great dlines, pretty even, but since Nazel is hurt that gives LSU a slight edge.
-LBs goes to USC, Grootegoed & Simmons.
-DBs goes to USC, both have a good pair of CBs but USC's safeties are better.

SMad, after LSU plays Georgia in the SEC championship and USC plays Oregon State, their SOS will swap.

But USC unfortunately will still be on top because LSU will lose their quality win points by beating Georgia for a second time.
(assuming both teams win)

Miami lost to two ranked teams. One at home yes, still a ranked team though. Perhaps we will see a Miami/Ohio matchup in the Orange Bowl, to settle things once and for all.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom