Defence and The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defence and The Draft

arge said:
On Offense, we really need to look at LT and C. Barron and/or Baas would be exceptional, to team up with James, Carey and McDougal. We need better depth at WR; should something happen to Chambers or Booker, we are looking at Thompson as a starter. He can be neutralized too easily, which means double coverage on the remaining starter. Plus, we need someone to play the slot-Mark Clayton from Oklahoma would be ideal; doubt we take him even in a trade down however. RB is a clear need, but Saban will most likely wait until the 2nd(if we can trade down or trade PS) or 3rd. He could then look at Arrington or Barber III. I obviously would prefer Brown or Benson, but Saban seems intent on passing in a RB heavy draft. Lastly, we need a QB to develop behind Feeley in case he doesn't work out. Frye would be perfect late in the first after a trade down.

Defense: We need a yound DE, and a young run-stuffing DT. We need help(!) at LB with Seau and Thomas(salary) maybe out the door in the next 2 years. That would leave us with Spragan and Moore(ouch!!). We need a young safety and more depth at CB. Sorry guys, just the truth. We are at least 2 drafts and another FA season before playoffs. It could all happen by training camp 2006!!

So LB DT DE S QB WR C CB LT? long ways to go

Defensive needs are a big DT to groom, a ballhawk FS, and LB depth, I would like to see a lot of UDFAs mainly the DT, Means is very likely to go Undrafted, if he does we will sign him in a heartbeat, FS has to be covered at the 5th rd. the latest and the LB can be the 7th or a FA or wait till next year.

Joey 22 said:
Defensive needs are a big DT to groom, a ballhawk FS, and LB depth, I would like to see a lot of UDFAs mainly the DT, Means is very likely to go Undrafted, if he does we will sign him in a heartbeat, FS has to be covered at the 5th rd. the latest and the LB can be the 7th or a FA or wait till next year.

Would it be fair to say that we need a SS before a FS? We have yet to see what Bell is capable of. I see a late round LB and UDFA of Sabans standards. Big strong smart LBS.

Bua, Tillman, Jones they are all hard hitters, none are ballhawks. And Bell its tooo injury proned.

Either Tillman or Jones have played FS. At least give Bell a shot. With having the year that we did and the needs that we have, if we have potential in a postition of need I think that we will stay where we are on the defensive side of the ball.

Bua won't start and I doubt he can cover. For depth purposes, and will remain a ST ace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jones is definitely playing SS with us, its stupid to think a 220 punder should play FS that was a MISTAKE Haslett made and the reason Jones came in cheap, he couldnt shine playing at FS.

Back
Top Bottom