Defense Broken Up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Broken Up?

Originally posted by dolphan39
this article http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphin06sep06.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front makes it sounds pretty hoopeful for 2003 at least:

OG and Dixon are the only UFA
Ruddy, Rodgers ($2.9 million), McDrops and Todd Perry are all overpaid and will need to re-neg.

that leaves the big names intact on D :cool:

Why would we renogtiate Ruddy, Rodgers, McKnight, and T. Perry, unless they have great seasons? I say just cut those guys and look for replacements in FA and the draft. The guys we need to keep are JT, ZT, Ricky, Sam, CC, and Pat.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I don't think we are as bad off as people were saying.

I think you nailed it pretty well. Nice job Van. Some people have to go each year. That's just the nature of the system.

The real key is not spending big dollars, meaning big signing bonuses on aging veterans. Zach should be an interesting call for the Phins. We all like him, :D but if he starts to break down, a long term contract with big signing bonus could do some real damage to the salary cap situation. :cry: A couple of those and you are sunk for years. :eek:

The hard part isn't knowing when to sign someone, it's knowing when not too. :happydrin

I see Ruddy and Rogers gone and probably mcnight. those guys would save us a good chunk of change. I see Sam madsion restructuring. i thought he would this year but i think spielman has a plan for him.
but no way does Zach, JT, Surtain, or Sammy go anywhere!
If Dixon and Gadsden were to be gone, that would save us 3 mil. we have guys who we could really end up upgrading for cheaper.

i dont see any major purge happening at all. especially after what spileman did this offseason. he got rid of mixon,bromell, and Walker and found there replacements no problem.

Back
Top Bottom