Defense key to draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense key to draft

JepheryRoss

Starter
Reaction score
Palm Harbor, FL (originally New Haven, CT)
my current draft prediction

some of these players might not be available, but this would a very suiting draft IMO

1st Round - # 16 :: CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida ST)
3rd Round - # 82 :: DT Rodrique Wright (Texas)
4th Round - # 114 :: OLB Terna Nande (Miami oh)
7th Round - # 212 :: WR Marques Colston (Hofstra)
- # 226 :: S Dwayne Slay (Texas Tech)
- # 233 :: OG Jahri Evans (Bloomsburg)

I agree 100% with the positions you drafted, not necessarily who, but the positions are right on.

JepheryRoss said:
my current draft prediction

some of these players might not be available, but this would a very suiting draft IMO

1st Round - # 16 :: CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida ST)
3rd Round - # 82 :: DT Rodrique Wright (Texas)
4th Round - # 114 :: OLB Terna Nande (Miami oh)
7th Round - # 212 :: WR Marques Colston (Hofstra)
- # 226 :: S Dwayne Slay (Texas Tech)
- # 233 :: OG Jahri Evans (Bloomsburg)

IMO, Saban will hit the SEC again and maybe a few other teams he played. Don't mind your draft though. Slay, however was projected 3rd Rd last I heard.

i like first 2 but dono bout 4tth, 233, and 212. Slay is that unhuman like hitter right? but he is slowwww from what I know and mann oo mann is that a horrible draft pick year for us. we clearly need more picks and i hope RW for the 37th pick of DNEVER goes through. we need it badlyl

I dont agree with the positions. I think we'll go WR or OLB in the 1st round

Simone007 said:
I dont agree with the positions. I think we'll go WR or OLB in the 1st round

same here but i think WR first b/c after taht the talent level seems very off and not deep at all

Man I particularly like WR Marques Colston in the 4th. 6ft5 224 pound reciever and obviosuly smart. Isnt Hofstra Ivy league? He would be a nice target for Daunte or Joey. You get an A- for that mock....I didnt agree with your first pick....Id rather Jimmy Williams then your boy from FS.

Oh and Slay has the spped of an Offensive tackle....4.80 40? For a safety? I dont know killa, thats a stretch.

Saban2005 said:
I agree 100% with the positions you drafted, not necessarily who, but the positions are right on.

I second that. I don't think Cromartie will be the best DB available when we pick though. I have to believe that Jimmy Williams, Tye Hill, Donte Whitner and Jason Allen will all be available at that pick. One of those guys should be our pick. :D Good mock posistions wise though.

SR 7 said:
same here but i think WR first b/c after taht the talent level seems very off and not deep at all

A lot of you guys were exposed to Derek Hagan on the national level in that senior bowl. But I had a chance to watch him a couple of times in the pac 10 this year. He rolled right on through both the teams up here in Washington and competed very well against every California team. He has really fallen in stock and I think he would be a nice selection in that 3rd round. He had a monster year and finished off with a huge bowl game. Don't put too much weight on that senior bowl game, he could defintly be a sleeper.

My mock
Round/ Pos/ player
1. SS Donte Whitner
2. ---QB Culpepper from Minnesota
3. WR Derek Hagan
4. OLB not sure, best available
6. DT not sure, best available
7. CB not sure, best available
with our other 7ths go BPA

Keep in mind I go with Whitner because I am very high on Will Poole bouncing back to be our second starting corner opposite Will Allen!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
A lot of you guys were exposed to Derek Hagan on the national level in that senior bowl. But I had a chance to watch him a couple of times in the pac 10 this year. He rolled right on through both the teams up here in Washington and competed very well against every California team. He has really fallen in stock and I think he would be a nice selection in that 3rd round. He had a monster year and finished off with a huge bowl game. Don't put too much weight on that senior bowl game, he could defintly be a sleeper.

My mock
Round/ Pos/ player
1. SS Donte Whitner
2. ---QB Culpepper from Minnesota
3. WR Derek Hagan
4. OLB not sure, best available
6. DT not sure, best available
7. CB not sure, best available
with our other 7ths go BPA

Keep in mind I go with Whitner because I am very high on Will Poole bouncing back to be our second starting corner opposite Will Allen!

Dude we don't have a 6th rounder

TotoreMexico said:
Dude we don't have a 6th rounder

I thought we didnt have a 5th rounder. Or wait, is it no 5th and no 6th? Dang we are decimated on picks. I think Saban should try and package a deal for more picks higher in the draft.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I thought we didnt have a 5th rounder. Or wait, is it no 5th and no 6th? Dang we are decimated on picks. I think Saban should try and package a deal for more picks higher in the draft.

no 5th and 6th. we shodul trade RW for the 37th pick via denver and a 5th or a 6th. we are SOO lOW on picks its really bad

SR 7 said:
no 5th and 6th. we shodul trade RW for the 37th pick via denver and a 5th or a 6th. we are SOO lOW on picks its really bad

Yeah I was actully just about to suggest trading Ricky. I think for a 2nd and 5th from Denver would be a very good deal for both sides. I wonder if that is being considerd.:confused:

Obviously Denver has some interest in Ricky as they were the ones trying to blow up the failed test. Could be an interesting situation.

Back
Top Bottom