Defensive Leadership? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Leadership?

Ozfin

Turn Left at Nowhere Else
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With both Van Noy and McCain gone who do people think will step up to fill the leadership void?
Baker and Rowe being 2 of the longest Fins on the roster length wise may be candidates.
Does X have any leadership qualities?

Flo raved about Holland’s leadership traits like communication skills.

Not sure how much responsibility he will be given as rookie, but see him in that role by 2022 in the secondary.

I admit I would like some more vet leadership. This team is really young. I guess Flores is the leader.

Wilkins seems like one of the leaders of that defense. Baker and Rowe are good candidates as well. Somebody will step up for sure. But I don't see a Trace Armstrong on that defense just yet. He was the leader of that whole team but this is a very young team so it takes some time.

I think we have a number of good candidates in Jones and Baker but I would like to see some of the younger players step up. Wilkins and Van Ginkle.

I don’t see much as far as leadership goes.. could be our weakness..

I think the idea of a singular leader is a little bit overblown. One of Flo’s strongest traits as a coach is his ability to get guys to buy in. Once you have guys truly invested, the rest always seems to take care of itself.

It sounds like Van Noy’s “leadership” wasn’t all that it was made out to be. And while I was a big fan of McCain’s mentality, if our young guys struggle due to his absence, then we have the wrong young guys.

All that being said, there are a few guys that can definitely fill that role. I do think that Wilkins has already started to establish himself as a leader, and I really believe that Holland will eventually become the Quarterback of this Defense. Brandon Jones also seems to have a leadership like mentality.

X should be the guy. Is he going to step up or is just going to want to get paid. Wilkins and baker have to be those guys

Back
Top Bottom