Defensive Tackle is a Major Concern | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle is a Major Concern

I wouldnt have minded Hawthorne over Alabi.... I mean I smoked pot in college. Now I definately do not promote it, but I think the risk towards Hawthorne is well worth the potential in reward he can bring. They got a 1st rounder at pick #175 just cause he smoked pot. There are soooo many NFL players who smoke pot, and they all are not like Ricky Williams (who has a few more problems)..... so save that rebuttal.

Philter25 said:
I wouldnt have minded Hawthorne over Alabi.... I mean I smoked pot in college. Now I definately do not promote it, but I think the risk towards Hawthorne is well worth the potential in reward he can bring. They got a 1st rounder at pick #175 just cause he smoked pot. There are soooo many NFL players who smoke pot, and they all are not like Ricky Williams (who has a few more problems)..... so save that rebuttal.

Did you take plays off and basically be an underachiever in college? Hawthorne's lack of work ethic and questionable desire contributed as much to his drop in the draft as the marijuana did. I'm betting that he wasn't even on Saban's board due to his questionable desire, work ethic, and lack of an intensity level.

KB21 said:
Did you take plays off and basically be an underachiever in college?

I took classes off. I took some whole semesters off now that I think about it
. :lol:

Philter25 said:
I dont think he fit the saban mold..he was a little to fat and lazy for Nick.

KB21 said:
Did you take plays off and basically be an underachiever in college? Hawthorne's lack of work ethic and questionable desire contributed as much to his drop in the draft as the marijuana did. I'm betting that he wasn't even on Saban's board due to his questionable desire, work ethic, and lack of an intensity level.
Yes, I was a definate underachiever in college. :lol:

Im sure the type of coach Saban is, Hawthorne wasnt even on the draft board. But when it comes to talent and potential, he was a steal at #175 IMO and I would have taken him over Alibi.

zeke0123 said:
I dont think he fit the saban mold..he was a little to fat and lazy for Nick.
He definately doesnt fit the Saban mold. Any other coach he would be a steal at #175.

Philter25 said:

If he had smoked pot in college, wouldn't mind the risk even though he has underachieved as KB21 stated and doesn't appear to be a Saban type player as zeke0123 stated. But the idiot tested positive at the combine when he knew the test was coming. That and with Houck being so high on Alabi, made a him a risk not worth taking unless you're the Raiders.

College players should learn a valuable lesson. Don't do pot, but it's OK to take steroids. You'll still be a 1rst round pick.

Eshlemon said:
If he had smoked pot in college, wouldn't mind the risk even though he has underachieved as KB21 stated and doesn't appear to be a Saban type player as zeke0123 stated. But the idiot tested positive at the combine when he knew the test was coming. That and with Houck being so high on Alabi, made a him a risk not worth taking unless you're the Raiders.

College players should learn a valuable lesson. Don't do pot, but it's OK to take steroids. You'll still be a 1rst round pick.
ya and the raiders usually arent afraid to throw first rounders at pot-smoking DTs and it has worked out so well for them :shakeno: that guy had loser stamped on his forehead stop magazine drafting philter...I doubt we would have even given him a FA look the guys a clown.. caught at the combine no less.

Don't forget that a particular DT from USC may be in the supplemental draft

USC DT Manuel Wright will take final exams next week, but is expected to apply for the NFL's supplemental draft because he probably will not be eligible for his junior season...."They said I could go in the second (round) or late first," Wright said: dailynews.com

I pulled this from draftdaddy.com. I mentioned this on the board earlier. Jason Cole tells me that the supplemental draft is typcially in June or early July. I realize we would forfeit what pick we utilize if we were the winning bidder (eg., third round pick submitted in bid). This guy is huge, but I do not know much about him. Any of you that follow the west coast football scene please share your insight. Thanks,

Lee2000

zeke0123 said:
ya and the raiders usually arent afraid to throw first rounders at pot-smoking DTs and it has worked out so well for them :shakeno: that guy had loser stamped on his forehead stop magazine drafting philter...I doubt we would have even given him a FA look the guys a clown.. caught at the combine no less.

Magazine drafting? lol. Because we need a DT and I think hes a steal at #175.

Dont get me wrong, I agree he doesnt fit the saban mold based on who he drafts. The original guy asked who would I rather have had at DT over any of the picks, and I would have taken a chance on Antaaj in the 6th round. His stock dropped greatly before the draft, but that doesnt change the fact that he was a monster at Wisconsin and he would have filled a hole we have at DT.

Magazine drafting would be taking him in the 2nd because he fell a round, taking him in the 6th is called taking a risk on a player who has a ton of potential but hasnt lived up to it in a position which we are of need.

Hopefully Vickerson can step up. T-bo is getting to old, but Chester has afew good years left, hes just overweight because of his injury. Did you see how fast he lost weight last year.

Austin Tatious said:
You sniveling little coward. Your message is so amateurish I don't even know where to begin, you little priss. Don't go around insulting people smarter than you.

Coward? Oh, yes, posting something contrary to the internet tough guy certainly is cowardly.

Austin Tatious said:
Hey, you little priss, tell me, is TBo going to be healthy? You want to count on him? You really do? Wow. I am sure in between contemplating Markovnikov's principle at the local university, you came up with some of your ingenius misperceptions.

You appear to have completely missed the point. Neither of us know if Tim Bowens is going to be healthy, and claiming to know is foolish. Based on the information that we as fans have access to, he will be able to play in some capacity in 2005.

Austin Tatious said:
As for Chester, if he is not dedicated to stay in shape, get his fat *** out of here. YOU don't know what you are talking about. Did you actually defend him for being out of shape, you sniveling little priss? Hey Mr Ignorant, he blew out an achilles. Guess what, you priss, you CAN and SHOULD continue to do cardiovascular exercise on such an injury. YOU, Miss Girlie, have no idea what YOU are talking about.

You are aware that while recovering from an achilles tendon injury, his ability to do many cardiovascular excercises is diminished, no? Apparently not.

It is by no means rare for bigger players to come into camp out of shape. You are aware that one of the main purposes of the part of the season is for players to GET into shape? Apparently not.

If we cut players who came into camp out of shape, Tim Bowens would have been gone a long time ago, along with many other players who have contributed to this team.

Austin Tatious said:
Losers like you defend the status quo. We are coming off a 4-12 season where we couldn't stop the run. Yet you want to defend these guys.

You actually said something as stupid as defeding them for being obese because its effective. Granted, you weren't really very articulate, but it seemed like that was your point.

Status quo? You do realize that with Tim Bowens and Larry Chester together, we've allowed only 3 100 yard rushing performances in 32 games, right? You also do know that those two performances(vs. Bills twice, Colts once) the team spent the majority of the time in Nickel packages which dont involve Chester and Bowens, right?

Last season we went with two Defensive tackles in much better physical shape then pretty much any Nose Tackle type defender in the league. Jeff Zgonina and Bryan Robinson dont have anywhere near the body fat of a Ted Washington, Tim Bowens, Keith Traylor, Casey Hampton, Sam Adams etc.

But guess what? All of those fat guys are much better run defenders, and are in the same kind of physical shape as Chester and Bowens.

Austin Tatious said:
I am sure you want to give out participation awards. I, on the other hand, want DEDICATED men suiting up. You stay with the prissy girly mentality and I will enjoy the tough team we will have in time. We need to weed out the weaklings, and you, madam, are one of them.

You are pretty sadly out of touch with reality if you want to call Tim Bowens and Larry Chester weaklings.

Austin Tatious said:
I am done with you, little miss priss.

If you have time, I'd suggest you learn a little bit about football in between your lectures on super-advanced genius chemistry ok?

T tes said:
Hopefully Vickerson can step up. T-bo is getting to old, but Chester has afew good years left, hes just overweight because of his injury. Did you see how fast he lost weight last year.

I hope a decent DT falls to us in the 2nd next year cause I still have my heart set in the 1st on picking up one of the 4 hot prospects at tackle.

Next years draft/FA should be interesting cause even right now we have priority needs at DT and LT not to mention FS and SS and that's before the season plays out.

MelbournePhin said:
hate to chirp on the past, but we should have drafted the BPA in last years 1st round: Mr. Vince Wilfork
Amen! I don't even want to think about the 4th round pick we forked over in a panic move to move up one spot to draft an inferior player. Bellicheck and the Patsies played Spielman like a cheap guitar. Thank God we have a man in charge now who knows what he is doing. Get 'em Lou.

Philter25 said:
Magazine drafting? lol. Because we need a DT and I think hes a steal at #175.

Dont get me wrong, I agree he doesnt fit the saban mold based on who he drafts. The original guy asked who would I rather have had at DT over any of the picks, and I would have taken a chance on Antaaj in the 6th round. His stock dropped greatly before the draft, but that doesnt change the fact that he was a monster at Wisconsin and he would have filled a hole we have at DT.

Magazine drafting would be taking him in the 2nd because he fell a round, taking him in the 6th is called taking a risk on a player who has a ton of potential but hasnt lived up to it in a position which we are of need.
I hear ya he has talent no doubt but it seems motor is high on the priority list with Nick. The kid was a low motor stoner..I personally am glad we didnt take him just mho.

Oh, yes, while on topic, here is Nick Saban's take on the whole thing...

Nick Saban said:
(On if any Dolphins players are not at their ideal weight) – “We have a couple of guys that have been injured and guys that are injured and inactive, especially if they are big guys, it’s more difficult for them to come back. We’re not disappointed in where they are, we just know that we have a plan that we have to implement to try to get them to where they need to be by when we get started. In some of those cases that may be difficult to do too, relative to their injuries. We just do the best we can to get them as ready as we can and go from there. Other than that, I have been pleased with the attendance we have had in the offseason program, the conditioning level of our team and the way they worked here in the offseason program. I think it’s been very, very good.â€Â

Maybe Nick Saban needs to study more of Markovnikov's principle, he clearly does not know his rectum from his elbow either.

Back
Top Bottom