Defensive Tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Tackle

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Word is our rookies aren't viable rotational DT's at this time....Why haven't we signed Dan Williams????
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article147945589.html

Godchaux might get poached on the PS because of his sack total last year but Taylor would most likely be safe on the PS.

If Lawrence Okoye continues to impress through camp so be it, but it appears to me that right now the Dolphins should not be satisfied, but rather terrified of what could happen to the Interior DL if their is an injury to Suh....God forbid.

Williams has to be open to a one year prove it deal at this point. Just give him 4 mil and it may keep us from another debacle in the run stopping area of our defense.

Even if he has ballooned up to 360, he can loose the weight and may return to what he was in 2012 and 2015, which was good enough to be called a good NFL starter.

I wouldn't even think of giving him a long term deal with guaranteed money, but I would go as high as two years 8 million with 5 mil guaranteed.

He is a former 1st round pick who has had some very good success in the league.

IMO, Dolphins are desperate at this point and our decision makers are making the age old epic mistake of being presumptuous.

Dollars to doughnuts they pick one up at cut day. Hayes can kick inside and pick up some slack, but yeah, they're playing with fire. Luckily, we just need a space eater that's good against the run. He doesn't even have to be a space eater. It would be cool to have Odrick back.

Hopefully these rookies are learning the playbook and working on technique. They will have had 1 month since OTA's to get stronger. It is too early to dismiss their contribution this year. Let's get out of the preseason and see how they perform in game situations when the pads come on and the hitting starts. If their role is to stuff the run it shouldn't be the hardest position to learn.

Vincent Taylor had more sacks than Godchaux last year. The problem is the FO isn't looking for space eaters. They are stuck on this idea of having two up-field "penetrators". Dan Williams has 3.5 career sacks and got benched last year for showing up out of shape. I would not be too inclined to bring in someone tagged as lazy. SenDerrick Marks had as many sacks last year as a reserve than Williams did in his entire career.

Miami probably should have signed Chris Baker. We will see him in action week 1 along side Gerald McCoy. They are "all-in" with Jordan Phillips. That may be ok if he could play 900 snaps like Suh but that is not going to happen.

Vincent Taylor had more sacks than Godchaux last year. The problem is the FO isn't looking for space eaters. They are stuck on this idea of having two up-field "penetrators". Dan Williams has 3.5 career sacks and got benched last year for showing up out of shape. I would not be too inclined to bring in someone tagged as lazy. SenDerrick Marks had as many sacks last year as a reserve than Williams did in his entire career.

Miami probably should have signed Chris Baker. We will see him in action week 1 along side Gerald McCoy. They are "all-in" with Jordan Phillips. That may be ok if he could play 900 snaps like Suh but that is not going to happen.

That's like going all in pre flop with pocket 5s.

Offer a 2nd for Danny Shelton, the Browns new front office is obsessed with picks.

There will be another addition or 2 there once they're satisfied the rooks aren't up to the task. I like Taylor but have zero faith in Godchaux. Might be a season or 2 - if ever - before those guys are ready. There will be cuts and we'll sign someone cheap. Not real worried unless nothing is done.

Hoping for an opportunistic defense more than anything else carried by the offense and teams chasing the scoreboard.

A defense like the one the colts and the saints won championships with. Nothing shut down about them just opportunistic and had finisher edge pass rushers.

Sub package finishers

We are destined to play a ton of zone at the lb level which means good qbs are gonna pick us apart in the middle of the field unless our sub edge guys can finish on the qb.

Best way to do it is to get leads you can sit in cover 2 and 2 deep and your edges can pin their ears on arriving at the qb launch points based on the down and distance.

Harris and wake being the finishers.

Hoping for an opportunistic defense more than anything else carried by the offense and teams chasing the scoreboard.

A defense like the one the colts and the saints won championships with. Nothing shut down about them just opportunistic and had finisher edge pass rushers.

Sub package finishers

They were both aggressive blitz-wise and thrived on takeaways. We can produce the latter w/ the right mindset and hustle, but the former isn't our schtick.

Lawrence Okoye and mid-round rookie project players....how can anyone not see this is just a disaster waiting to happen; and even that is assuming Jordan Phillips is ready to start and play most of the snaps

This is worse than expecting Ted Larson to be all of sudden decent because he has a new uniform.

I hate this mindless FO. The only thing they are professionals at, is negligence!

Too much blind faith in these New York con men. There should be an uprising of Dolphin fans against these kind of egregious omissions by the FO.

This bunch is in dereliction of their duties. They should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

Lawrence Okoye and mid-round rookie project players....how can anyone not see this is just a disaster waiting to happen; and even that is assuming Jordan Phillips is ready to start and play most of the snaps

This is worse than expecting Ted Larson to be all of sudden decent because he has a new uniform.

I hate this mindless FO. The only thing they are professionals at, is negligence!

Too much blind faith in these New York con men. There should be an uprising of Dolphin fans against these kind of egregious omissions by the FO.

This bunch is in dereliction of their duties. They should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

Yea I mean they couldn't have used some of Kiko's money to up the offer to Poe? Maybe then our 15 hour meeting with the guy wouldn't have been a complete waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom