Define Rebuilding. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Define Rebuilding.

Do you want the Fins to tank, rebuild or both?

• Tank and rebuild

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Rebuild only

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters
Agree. One of the biggest flaws last year was the OC/DC. If those are better, the entire team will be better. Not only will they not tell the players to miss a tackle, they'll be showing they are competent . . . showing some skill. If Miami gets a stud OG and CB in the draft, that will be worth a win or two. And guys like Taylor may play all 16. Tanking is fine, but, as you say, "it's not impossible if some guys exceed their projection." Even then, we won't know if tanking is a goal until April.

The QB will tell the tale. If we play one of the QB's currently on our roster, not named Ryan Tannehill which is very likely, we can never expect much from the QB. Even still I'd expect conservative game plans where we don't ask him to do much. It won't work vs the big boys but there are plenty of bad teams that will beat themselves. It should be interesting.

I think this is the biggest misconception on the site. Tanking is NOT an orchestrated way from the GM to head coach to the players to intentionally lose games. If we are lining up for a game winning field goal Flores is not going to instruct Sanders to miss it so we don't sacrifice draft status. This is the livelihood of Flores and the players they want to show as well as possible. What it means for the 2019 fins IMO is as others are saying, dump all vets that make too much money, let sentimental guys like Wake/Gore walk no need to have them on the team and don't spend big in FA. Just plug holes with bargain FA's if necessary.

It's very, very unlikely that the team will be good but It's not impossible if some guys exceed there projection that the team ends up being good. More than likely I think the site will end the year disappointed in the range of 5-11 - 7-9 instead of 0-16 - 4-12 that's why I think we should accumulate ammo to move up as well. We all know we need a QB, we can't screw it up by winning 2 many games. All of our eggs would be in one basket.

I agree. The word TANKING shouldn't even be used by anyone here or in the media when describing the Dolphins this year. We are rebuilding, which probably includes shedding unfavorable contracts, players, etc., however, that doesn't mean we aren't going to try and win. Make our changes and let the chips fall where they may. When Armando and others use the word TANK and then have to take time to describe what it means, then they are using the wrong word.

Tanking just makes zero sense.

You're rebuilding anyway. You're probably not gonna compete much at the beggining and if you win games, well, the rebuilding is working.

The tank we need is in shell firing arm of a QB.

It's not a bad roster. The Oline depreciated faster than a new car driving off the lot.

Tearing it down to the foundation. Build it up with quality materials unlike that dumbass pig who built a house out of hay. Check for asbestos or mold to make sure what you built last. If you have time maybe improve the foundations in the "southeast" corner.
So many great references there! Love it!

REBUILD ONLY:

Which means find a franchsie QB. For the record you DO NOT need to tank to find a QB. Just identify the right guy and trade up to get him.

I think you keep some like Fitzpatrick, Baker, McMillan, Wilson, ballage, etc and then get rid of everyone else and build on that

We are a QB away from being a decent team, but the young talent we currently have will keep us from truly tanking......along with better coaching.

Tanking is not a game plan...it’s the result of building through the draft and a youth movement.

You always try to win games...but within the guidelines of the above.

It's surprising so many fans don't realize this.

Tanking is not a game plan...it’s the result of building through the draft and a youth movement.

You always try to win games...but within the guidelines of the above.

What fans need to accept is IF the "game plan" "building through the draft," fans will see a competitive team in 2025

Back
Top Bottom