Demitre Patterson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Demitre Patterson

They wanted to emphasize turnovers and the guy averages about one for every game played last year. He's exactly what Coyle wants if he healthy.
Between him and Grimes they had nine picks and few drops. The year before Jones at safety led the team.and Sean dropped WAY more than he ever held on to.

Normally, that would make sense to me but, Patterson had 5 picks in 6 years prior to having 4 in 3 games. The numbers don't compute. Was he just lucky or, did Coyle find a 31 year old CB who was never used right?

Not a Patterson fan but he played well in the few games he played last year. Keep him but one more nick send him walking cant afford to pay him a million dollars a game. Guy is never healthy

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Normally, that would make sense to me but, Patterson had 5 picks in 6 years prior to having 4 in 3 games. The numbers don't compute. Was he just lucky or, did Coyle find a 31 year old CB who was never used right?

Probably a combo of both. The scheme may work for him more than the other schemes

Not a fan of going into next season with his contract on the books. Its too easy to simply restructure his contract to a lower number especially since nothing is guaranteed. He warrants a roster spot but can't be counted on based on his previous injuries in the NFL. I would cut/resign or restructure if he is willing. If he is not I would simply cut him. 4.5 is way to high.

I would try to restructure the contract but even if he says no i wouldn't cut him unless it is absolutely necessary to stay under cap. His first pick against the browns was a great track of the ball in the air and i though a great play. The second was a ball tipped and he dove to get it, he made a great play against NE on the first play of the game and read Brady like a book to help the phins get to a 17-3 lead at half and sat out the second half. Same type of game against Cinci he played great and helped hold Cinci to a a big deficiet at half and missed most of the rest of the game. There is no doubt in my mind that when he plays with grimes the 2 WR are locked down. Now with so much time to get healthy from his injury and if cleared by doctors I see no reason why he isnt worth that 5.4 he is making. I think he is worth the risk to keep him on even with the injury history

I would try to restructure the contract but even if he says no i wouldn't cut him unless it is absolutely necessary to stay under cap. His first pick against the browns was a great track of the ball in the air and i though a great play. The second was a ball tipped and he dove to get it, he made a great play against NE on the first play of the game and read Brady like a book to help the phins get to a 17-3 lead at half and sat out the second half. Same type of game against Cinci he played great and helped hold Cinci to a a big deficiet at half and missed most of the rest of the game. There is no doubt in my mind that when he plays with grimes the 2 WR are locked down. Now with so much time to get healthy from his injury and if cleared by doctors I see no reason why he isnt worth that 5.4 he is making. I think he is worth the risk to keep him on even with the injury history

Thanks for filling in my blanks on the 4 picks.

I'd like to keep him, but at a bargain. He tied for the team lead in INTs and missed half the season. He was playing very well and, had he NOT missed so much time, would have likely been a pro bowler.

Can some one please tell me how much of a playmaker he is when hes healthy? I dont think I got it..

He is well worth the money if he stays on the field. He is certainly better than Carroll, and looks better than Davis or Taylor in the limited action we saw of them.

Ultimately, he will probably be cut for younger guys.

Unless he drops his number to about 2 million, drop him, as he will not be available for a full 16 games next season. The dude is made weak of glass. A windshield is stronger than he is.

If we cut Patterson, we likely aren't getting someone better at the No 2 CB spot. Considering free agents available and our depth, he's our best option, might as well keep him. There's nobody in free agency priced under $5 million that will be better than him.

not sure who Demitre is, but Dimitri Patterson is pretty good when healthy.
too bad he isn't healthy much. it's time to move on and save the $, imo

Can some one please tell me how much of a playmaker he is when hes healthy? I dont think I got it..

9 years...2 sacks...9 interceptions...1 forced fumble
played one -16 game season in 9 years ...started 20 games in 9 seasons:err:

You make Dimitri sound like he's chopped liver. There is a reason that he has been playing in the NFL for 9 years and commands a salary of $5M+ per annum, and that is he's a pretty decent CB. In the games when fully healthy, he was very good.

Back
Top Bottom