Denmark suprised the hell out of Italy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denmark suprised the hell out of Italy

0-0.

TT, you can find all the scores etc. on ESPN's bottom line during Sports Center (yes they do show them! UNBELIEVABLE! :eek: ). Or you can see it on www.soccernet.com

Italy who plays extremely defensive was lucky that Denmark didn't win. At times Denmark appeared to have cracked the code to the Defense of Italy, but they couldn't put one away although they came VERY close on a few occasions. Italy had a few opportunites, but Denmark should have shocked them.

Also, Sweden won today 5-0. Henrik Larsson got a pair of goals.

I dont follow soccer, but from what i understand, Italy is a powerhouse....them and brazil i believe....right?

Brazil is the best team in the world, and I would say France is second. After those two, there are a bunch of strong teams, including Italy, Spain, Argentina, and a few other teams. They have World Rankings but they are awful. They rank the USA 8th and I would say they should probably be around 15 and I'm a huge USA fan. They also have Mexico insanely high when they shouldn't be as well, and there are a few other things in the rankings that are wrong.

Yeah like Peru ranked 65....:nono:

BTW, TT, Ice is wrong, France is nowhere near the team it use to be. They got shocked in the WC 2 years ago by Senegal, a team that made it's first World Cup appearance that year. France didn't manage to win a game in the World Cup. I think the top teams right now (not in any order are)
Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy, England, France, Germany.

USA wouldn't be too far off. They do not have world class players like Brazil or France, but they work as a team and the teamwork makes them go along way...example WC 2002.

Germany? LOL. They aren't that good right now and were very lucky in 2002. If you are wondering how they got to the final, just look at the teams they had to play to get there. They really aren't that good right now and I doubt they will make it past the quarterfinals of Euro 2004 if they even get that far. They are playing Holland in a few minutes, and I doubt they will win.

The USA are good but they aren't on the same level as teams like Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, etc.

You put way too much on the last World Cup. What we did was a major accomplishment but it doesn't tell the whole story. There is more that determines how good a team is. France has played very well lately, won a tournament last year, did great in Euro qualifying (although they didn't exactly have the toughest group), and just beat England. They play well and have very good talent, they are the best team in Europe IMO.

:lol: USA is better then Czech Republic. What are you speaking of? And Germany? They have a solid defense with the best GK in the world. Ballack is a strong player, and their forwards aren't bad either. France is no way the best European team right now. England, Italy, and Germany are better than them IMO.

Do you know anything about the Czech Republic? They are extremely talented. Pavel Nedved is only one of the best players in the world. A lot of people are picking them to win Euro 2004. They are awesome and are better than the USA. I wish we were as good as them.

Germany has the best GK in the world? It isn't 2002 anymore. Kahn was pretty bad this year. As a Real Madrid fan, you should know about at least one of his many bad games. Kahn is probably going to leave Bayern. He isn't what he used to be. As for their forwards, they aren't great. Mirislov Klose's career is pretty much the one game he had against Saudi Arabia. Kuranyi is a good young striker but overall their strikers aren't that good. They tied Holland today 1-1, I thought Holland would win since they are a lot more talented but they seem to never play to their full potential.

You have proved that you have no idea what your talking about? Germany better than France? LOL. England better than France? That explains why France beat them 2-1 2 DAYS AGO! Italy? They play a boring defensive style. They have talent but aren't as good as France.

If France doesn't win Euro 2004, it will be because Santini will be thinking too much about his new job with Tottenham or something. They are the most talented team and should be able to win the tournament.

iceblizzard69 said:
Do you know anything about the Czech Republic? They are extremely talented. Pavel Nedved is only one of the best players in the world. A lot of people are picking them to win Euro 2004. They are awesome and are better than the USA. I wish we were as good as them.

Germany has the best GK in the world? It isn't 2002 anymore. Kahn was pretty bad this year. As a Real Madrid fan, you should know about at least one of his many bad games. Kahn is probably going to leave Bayern. He isn't what he used to be. As for their forwards, they aren't great. Mirislov Klose's career is pretty much the one game he had against Saudi Arabia. Kuranyi is a good young striker but overall their strikers aren't that good. They tied Holland today 1-1, I thought Holland would win since they are a lot more talented but they seem to never play to their full potential.

You have proved that you have no idea what your talking about? Germany better than France? LOL. England better than France? That explains why France beat them 2-1 2 DAYS AGO! Italy? They play a boring defensive style. They have talent but aren't as good as France.

If France doesn't win Euro 2004, it will be because Santini will be thinking too much about his new job with Tottenham or something. They are the most talented team and should be able to win the tournament.

Of course I know about Czech Republic. I know about Nedved and all that. I once had an arguement with a fan of that team and he was saying how he was better than Ronaldo :rolleyes:

USA is better than Czech IMO. What has Czech done recently? Czech didn't even make the WC in 2002. Come on man, get real.

Germany is a good team. Kahn is still a top GK. One bad year doesn't mean he sucks, and he wasn't even that bad. I never said their forwards were great, I said they weren't bad. Holland could not iwn not because they can't reach their full potential, but because Germany is a good team.

France beat England two days ago, yes, but the officiating was terrible IMO. A couple offsides calls which IMO did not exist. France is a solid team, but IMO are not the best team in Europe. Most talent doesn't mean best team. You of all people should know that. Look at our Dolphins...a lot of talent and some not so great results. 2002 - Argentina and France most talented teams, both knocked out in 1st round.

As I said before, you are basing way too much on 2002 and before. The Czech Republic is awesome, if you don't think they are better than the USA, you have no idea what you are talking about. They played extremely well in Euro qualifying (which is more recent and very important) and they have a talented squad, one that is more talented than the USA's. Nedved should have won the Player of the Year award last year. He plays a different position than Ronaldo but if they were both on the market, Nedved would be sold for more money. Take that for what it's worth.

Kahn isn't a top keeper anymore. He was in 2002. He is getting old and his skill has declined. Maybe getting out of Bayern will help him, but it isn't like he is going to get better at this point. He has peaked. Germany is good and that is it. Holland is more talented and the reason they didn't win is because they play horribly as a team. They haven't reached their full potential, a team of their skill should be able to beat Germany.

Yeah, talent may not be everything, but it is still very important. The Czechs are talented and play well as a team. It's the same deal with France. France had one bad tournament and that's it. They have some great players and they are the best team in Europe right now.

iceblizzard69 said:
As I said before, you are basing way too much on 2002 and before. The Czech Republic is awesome, if you don't think they are better than the USA, you have no idea what you are talking about. They played extremely well in Euro qualifying (which is more recent and very important) and they have a talented squad, one that is more talented than the USA's. Nedved should have won the Player of the Year award last year. He plays a different position than Ronaldo but if they were both on the market, Nedved would be sold for more money. Take that for what it's worth.

Kahn isn't a top keeper anymore. He was in 2002. He is getting old and his skill has declined. Maybe getting out of Bayern will help him, but it isn't like he is going to get better at this point. He has peaked. Germany is good and that is it. Holland is more talented and the reason they didn't win is because they play horribly as a team. They haven't reached their full potential, a team of their skill should be able to beat Germany.

Yeah, talent may not be everything, but it is still very important. The Czechs are talented and play well as a team. It's the same deal with France. France had one bad tournament and that's it. They have some great players and they are the best team in Europe right now.

:lol: Everything you just said is the same thing you said in the other post, but posted differently. And there is no way, Nedved would go for more than Ronaldo, no way.

Prime Time said:
:lol: Everything you just said is the same thing you said in the other post, but posted differently. And there is no way, Nedved would go for more than Ronaldo, no way.

European players of the year tend to go for more money than overweight, overrated strikers. Ronaldo was great in 1998, he's still good but Nedved has definitely been the better player in the past year.

:rofl: Overweight? Overrated? And you said I didn't know what I was talking about? :lol: Ice you just showed how much you know.

Prime Time said:
:rofl: Overweight? Overrated? And you said I didn't know what I was talking about? :lol: Ice you just showed how much you know.

Ronaldo is overrated. Many talk about how he is the best in the world and crap but he isn't, Thierry Henry is. As for being overweight, look at his stomach.

Back
Top Bottom