Dennis Green Ready to Coach Again....Miami a Possibility? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Green Ready to Coach Again....Miami a Possibility?

Originally posted by IceStorm
True, Green has had some teams that were halfway good. Like you mention the Vikes and how tight the offense was, but again he put to much emphasis(sp) on only one side of the ball.

Thats what I dont like about him. Hey, maybe we could get David Shula! lol

The Vikings were 15-1. They missed the Superbowl by a missed field goal by a guy who never misses.

That is better then halfway good.

I still think they would of done a much better job against the Broncos then the Falcons did. They were a good team.

Oh please DO NOT BRING IN DENNY GREEN, take it from someone who lives in Minnesota, he is a cancer, yeah they went 15-1 with an amazingly talented team, with no one stopping Randy Moss and Chris Carter, my god I could have coached that team to 15-1 but he did nothing but cause embarrasement to the team offfield, he is arrogant, he threatened personally the ownership by trying to sue them, he fathered illegitimate children, had accusations of abuse, went through a couple wives, he would be a good OC, but he does not have the brains to be a HC. If he became coach I would probably have to stop supporting my dearly beloved Phins until like a cancer he was removed. He couldn't manage the clock he was a child amongst men. He was and still is hated by most of the fans up here.

I like Green as in green and as in money and as in green eyes...lol

ill take wanny over green any day. the guy beat the crap out of his wife. that is one main reason why teams dont want him around. and there is only one reason why he was still in football after that. ill leave that to your imagination.

Green was surrounded by a very good coaching staff imo !! I think he is very good at assembling a coaching staff but building a team and knowing how to motivate it :rolleyes: :lol: ...

I have got to agree with most in this thread, D Green in a Dolphins h-coaching position is and would be a gigantic nightmare... Also a major step BACKWORDS from a Wannestedt regime !!:eek: Marino1983

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Yeah, let`s not put the cart before the horse.

Yeah, let's play the season before we start replacing the coach...

green no way he is not a leader. there's good reason not one team gave him a look at a job this year, runs his mouth to much and plays the race card . we don't need dividers in this organization. plus he wants to much control. i prefer sticking with wanny 2 11-5 seasons and 9-7 give him time ,thank god we didn't get rid of shula because the team underachieved a few times.

I could see Gary Kubiak (Denvers off. coord.) being a strong candidate also. He has paid his dues. Others I can envision being called are : Stoops (Okla.), June Jones (Hawaii), Ted Cottrell (def. cord. Jets), Larry Coaker (U. of Miami), and Art Shell. There is NO CHANCE that Willingham come to the Dolphins from N.D. NONE. That is just too good of a deal for him to walk away from.
There is a list of about 20 guys I'd call before Denny Green. Now if it was between Denny and Sam Wysche, I'd have to take Denny. LOL.
Seriously, Wanny is on the hottest of seats this season. People call it premature to talk about his departure, but that is the reality in the NFL when it comes to coaches. Wanny has had his 3 years, now he has to win big or go home. I would love to see the type of committment that a team like the Steelers have shown Cowher, but that is just not realistic for most teams. The windows are too short to get it done with a team this talented.
Wanny is not being shown the door just yet....but he is being handed his hat and coat....

I think it's been clear from day one after the New England game that DW's job is on the line this year. I like Wanny, but he has to not just back into the playoffs - I think he'll be gone if we don't either win the division and get a bye or if we get blown out in the 2nd round as we have for several years, he'll be in a lot of trouble. The way Wayne has been talking, he believes the team has the talent and that means he'll be holding the coach responsible - even though he's been very positive toward Wanny. I hope DW is successful, for the team obviously, but also for himself. He's a good guy.

As far as Green is concerned, I'm just not that impressed with him either as a coach or as a personnel man. His comments on the draft were not, imo, very good. All he could focus on was the need to sacrifice everything for getting one of the top talents in the draft. I think that was part of his problem at Minn - he would have exceptional talent at a few positions and weak in other areas. He also was not a very organized coach nor one that held his team together.

The other interesting question is - will they give a coach full responsibility or will they let a guy like Spielman become the GM and hire a coach who works with him? That would be interesting. I think Spielman is a good talent man and I think he is a bright young talent who could be stolen away after this year.

Gruden went to a d team with an offense, maybe Green could do the same... Dante and Moss were terrible talent evaluation picks. Am sure Chris Carter would love to see Denny anywhere near the Dolphins...or would he?

Green is a hit or miss coach, Wanny has a d and needs O,Denny is all O and no D. If he could start fast and get O results it could work, but why mess up something that was doing well except for depth.

Was Wanny the guy who backed Lucas? That alone would be reason enough to can him.

Green could maybe be a guy to evaluate a new qb, but this season better be all about baking the new players and the current coach win or lose. If it fails bring others in afterwards, give these people a chance.

This season is set, another week 16 fold would be reason enough for change. This fan thinks Wanny took it as learning experience, upgraded needs for personnnell and will do so with playcalls as well.

Back
Top Bottom