denver fans want to buy billboard to support tim tebow.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver fans want to buy billboard to support tim tebow..

No not every team has the chance of being good. I would think you would be well aware of this after watching the Dolphins for however long you've been a fan. This Dolphins team is not very good.....every fan, coach, and player knows it. I can understand trying them trying their hardest to eek out every victory and maybe sneak into the playoffs with a coaching staff and gm fighting for their jobs and a QB trying to prove hes capable of becoming a franchise cornerstone. But they aren't winning the super bowl.....there's just too many teams out there that are a lot better.

Denver may be able to pull off a miraculous run like the phins did under Saban and win 8 or 9 games. That then earns them the privilege of going into the offseason in an even worse situation at QB than they had this year. They still have no clue what Tebow is, Orton is gone to greener pastures, and you're stuck with another season of a journyman QB and Tebow.

Maybe you are doing some of the fans a disservice, and its certainly not the nicest thing to do to Orton, but I think you'll find a vast majority are perfectly happy trading wins for hope. Ask Carolina fans whether they'd rather have a better QB under center and the opportunity to win a couple more games or the chance of seeing the next Randal Cunningham. Somehow I doubt Bengal fans are clamoring for Gradkowski or anyone in Jacksonville really wants to see how great their team can be led by McCown.

As for no not everyteam can be good , I have seen some lesser talented teams do well. Fans clamoring for tebow over orton really need to start watching these guys play and realize that Tebow has not shown that he is better or ready to be a full time starter. Now in our case playing beck over a scrub like Cleo lemon yea that makes sense because Lemon is no better than any rookie.

the problem is many of these guys are not ready to start and u potentially ruin a good young qb by throwing him to the wolves. People get too blinded by the recent success of rookie qb's like Matt Ryan and dont realize that qb is by far the hardest position to play in the NFL and not everyone is ready. Now if u have a guy like Gradowski i could say why not play the young guy but orton is a good qb so its stupid to play the lesser qb. If friggin Trent dilfer can win a superbowl than orton with the right team could win a damn superbowl. Football is about more than one position even if its by far the most important one

Last edited by a moderator:
As for no not everyteam can be good , I have seen some lesser talented teams do well. Fans clamoring for tebow over orton really need to start watching these guys play and realize that Tebow has not shown that he is better or ready to be a full time starter. Now in our case playing beck over a scrub like Cleo lemon yea that makes sense because Lemon is no better than any rookie.

Any team can play well above expectations and surprise us all. Not every team can win a super bowl. The Broncos cannot win a super bowl this year.....even the most delusional fans must agree with that statement.

the problem is many of these guys are not ready to start and u potentially ruin a good young qb by throwing him to the wolves. People get too blinded by the recent success of rookie qb's like Matt Ryan and dont realize that qb is by far the hardest position to play in the NFL and not everyone is ready. Now if u have a guy like Gradowski i could say why not play the young guy but orton is a good qb so its stupid to play the lesser qb.

Again you're missing the whole argument here. I know Tebow isn't ready and isn't the better QB. But this isn't about this year. This is about what's better for the future of the franchise, not what appeases a few players and fans in the short term.

As a coach or GM that has an average job tenure of around 3 years you can't be that shortsighted. In the next couple years Fox must find his franchise signal caller or hes looking for work elsewhere. Playing Orton only sets him back a year in that quest, and makes next season another wasted year trying to figure out if Tebow is the QB of the future or if they have to draft a QB in '13.

If friggin Trent dilfer can win a superbowl than orton with the right team could win a damn superbowl. Football is about more than one position even if its by far the most important one

So do tell. What's the probability of building another defense and o-line like the Ravens had that season vs that of finding an elite QB.

Well i guess People will now say Orton is not so terrible after the game this week who knows.

I think most anyone who has watched a small sample of Bronco's ball over the last couple seasons pretty much knows what Orton is. If they don't.....well then just ask any semi-intelligent Broncos' fan. And that's why next year he'll be playing for another team.

I think Orton should definitely be leading that team right now, no question, but that team is terrible and isn't going anywhere. That isn't Orton's fault, but I'm not sure if he is good enough to change that.

When it comes down to it, Tebow looked like he had taken a step backwards every time I watched him in preseason. He simply wasn't comfortable standing in and passing the ball.

I think Orton should definitely be leading that team right now, no question, but that team is terrible and isn't going anywhere. That isn't Orton's fault, but I'm not sure if he is good enough to change that.

When it comes down to it, Tebow looked like he had taken a step backwards every time I watched him in preseason. He simply wasn't comfortable standing in and passing the ball.

Now if your jville and Mccnown is playing horrible why not but people wanting to bench orton just dont know football

Back
Top Bottom