Deon Dyer Still Overweight....gadsden Is Waiting On Jax... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deon Dyer Still Overweight....gadsden Is Waiting On Jax...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello To All.... Just want to pass along a couple of things about the news that the Dolphins coaches are preparing to convert Rb SEDRICK IRVIN over from HB to FB.

You can say its a rather obvious move by the competition at HB.... as behind RICKY....you have TRAVIS MINOR, ROBERT EDWARDS, LEONARD HENRY...and even more importantly now....there has been a blazing surprise over there...and his name is CHARLIE ROGERS.

The main reason though is this...and I have to sadly say this....because I really like this player---but there is no way else to say it... DEON DYER is at 265 pounds....and has missed his assigned weight at 255....for the third consecutive time....which in WANNY's house....that means 3 strikes...and a one way ticket to the doghouse...until he gets the messege.

And even though it is not yet official....make no mistake that the messege was indeed sent out today.....with the SEDRICK IRVIN reports....that he could be moved at FB....which just makes sense...regardless. But the bottom line now....is the fact that DEON must get down to 255 real fast....and not only that....from what I am hearing....is that NORV has been even more impressed with the development of FB FEMI AYANBADEJO...as FEMI's time in the 40...and his overall strength in the weight room has improved from last year....and right now...from a desire standpoint....this off-season so far....FEMI just seems to really want this job much more than DYER....and quite frankly....DYER really needs to have a tremendous training camp...I believe...now...just to make the team....and that also includes playing well on special teams.... from this point on...it will be interesting to see how DYER responds.... but again....is it too late? NORV just seems to see FEMI as a better fit in his system....and again....bringing him back once again to battle with DYER....you know he just is not enamored with the bruising style that DYER brings...and NORV did not have to convince WANNY that hard after last season anyway....to invite FEMI back...as it was that close.

The latest news on GADSDEN.... Apparantly at a recent fishing celebrity fund-raising tournament last week.....GADSDEN told good buddy...SAM MADISON...who then told Channel 6 sportscaster...JOE ROSE.....that he plans on ending it all....by the end of this week...as far as him giving the entire football world....his final decision. His ever-popular agent....MIKE TODD has recieved a call from the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS last week....who may be inviting him in for a visit by the end of this week. The JAGS are also interested in talking with Antonio Freeman....and JJ STOKES...but the bottom line is that are looking for insurance for DONALD HAYES....who was first thought to be out for a long period of time....but seems to now be coming along. It appears that the JAGS are just keeping all these players in check.....but in MIKE TODDS case.....he probably is telling GADSDEN that a visit for sure...and an imminent offer will shortly be coming...by the JAGS.
Gadsden is definately interested in the JAGS....mainly because he wants to play close to home. He does not want to leave the state....he is recently married...with a baby on its way. He just seems to have to much pride to play for the veteran minimum....and never would have believed that he and his agent would ever end up this close to the unemployment line....but the reality now is setting in.

From all indications....if the JAGS do not move on GADSDEN---b y the end of this week.... Gadsden will basically end it all....and ultimately tell TODD its time to get back to work----and that means that he would be ready to join the DOLPHINS in time....for the last Quarterback School next week.

There is no doubt.....that the DOlphins do have enough room to get GADSDEN in the fold at the veteran minimum of just a tad over $500,000....and that would be a 1 year deal....meaning that Gadsden and TODD can play the same old game next year...if they choose to do so.

Personally to a man....just about everyone OG has talked to on the DOlphins....are telling him to get his a-- back in camp...and now....it appears that OG himself....is ready to swallow his pride.

ANd again......if OG returns to the DOlphins at the league minimum..... there is one guy laughing all the way to the bank....SPIELMAN....and one guy....who may never again...ever get to represent another client....in MIKE TODD.

I think ORONDE GADSDEN needs the MIAMI DOLPHINS more than the MIAMI DOLPHINS need ORONDE GADSDEN....and you don't need SEAU's permission to use that kind of analogy...

A steal for the league minimum....and the DOlphins are once again...like GRIESE....a better team than they were yesterday...

DCH

Good news DCH, you need to drop by more often, Can't say I want OG back, but I'm not the FO..I'd rather see some of the younger players develope..but such is life..We heard about the FB situation..Pride is the downfall of man, too much of it has always gotten people in trouble..and yet people make the same mistake . over and over again.
Because of Pride.

If OG does come back it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make the final roster.

I wonder if Dyer will be picked up by anybody if he doesn't make the final roster. Was Femi on anybody's regular season roster last year?

DCH, you da man.

Where do all your hook-ups come from? Where do you hear this stuff?

Your'e not Drew Rosenhous, are you??:lol:

DCH, from what I understand, owns a sports memorabilia store near the stadium and regularly chats with Rosenhaus, members of the media, etc. who frequent his store. That's why he has the hook up and that's why we love him...it's a purely quid pro quo type love! :lol:

Mmmmm DCH fix, Well IMO if Dyer dosen't fit Norvs offense then he's probably aware of it himself, not that coming into camp over weight is an excuse, but it may have somthing to do with it. If Femi and or Irvin is a better fit then Dyer needs to drop the weight and look to be released or traded to a team that needs a big bruising FB.

Originally posted by Expo88
That's why he has the hook up and that's why we love him...it's a purely quid pro quo type love! :lol:

:laugh:
:hmmm: Does he own it or just work there? I never seem to be able to remember that. :smackhead

Just like we were talking about in the other thread, Dyer is on the bubble and Femi is hot for the job. This confirms it. I wasn't aware that Dyer came in that heavy. Just another roadblock for Deon. This could really be Femi's year. Like DCH said, it was really, really close last year. And it's gonna be closer this year. Femi seemed to make more plays. I would not at all be suprised if he makes the team. I'd actually like that better.

As for Gadsden, chalk another one up to our boy Rick Speilman. If he were a cartoon character, he'd be Mr. Buzzcut. If he were a pimp, he'd be Bishop Don Magic Juan. We've got a superstar in the FO.

If Gadsden comes back, I hope that Charlie Rogers does indeed take a spot at RB. I'd really like for one of the young guys to get a shot at WR.

DCH didn't want me to post this cuz he wants his sources to remain anonymous but he's the General Manager of a sports store at the Dolphin mall after being promoted from the Aventura store where he worked for a couple of years ( he also owns a Laundramat; hence the user name)...he's my boss...he get's his info from someone well within the Dolphin's FO...he keeps it secret though...he doesn't even tell me his info at work. I have to come online just to read it. But its well worth it. Trust me, it's credible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would serve OG right if the Dolphins told him, "sorry, we've injured our wrists and will be unable to sign anymore FA contracts until next Spring". I'd rather they spent that money on Webb, there's more need for another LT than yet another 4th or 5th WR right now.

On the Dyer situation. I wonder if the guy would prefer to get released or traded ... When Konrad signed that contract (4 yrs/4 M) that essentially assured Dyer was not going to be a starter on this team. I think he wants a better shot at playing time. As much as we like to think these players are all about the team, that had to be a blow to him and he's probably lost some motivation.

It's one of those deals that happens to players all the time. They lose motivation, get out of shape, don't work as hard as they need to, then reality hits and they are traded or released - then they work their butts off on the next team they play for (whether it be the team they return to, or a new one). This happened with Norman Hand, for example - look at what he's done since he left Miami and decided to work hard and get in shape. Same thing with Jamie Nails (let go by the Bills and the 'Fins, then gets in shape and plays great). Some times the best motivator is getting a taste of failure.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
This happened with Norman Hand, for example - look at what he's done since he left Miami and decided to work hard and get in shape.

Didn't New Orleans just trade him to Seattle for pretty much the same reason or am I thinking of another DT of theirs?

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
On the Dyer situation. I wonder if the guy would prefer to get released or traded ... When Konrad signed that contract (4 yrs/4 M) that essentially assured Dyer was not going to be a starter on this team. I think he wants a better shot at playing time. As much as we like to think these players are all about the team, that had to be a blow to him and he's probably lost some motivation.

It's one of those deals that happens to players all the time. They lose motivation, get out of shape, don't work as hard as they need to, then reality hits and they are traded or released - then they work their butts off on the next team they play for (whether it be the team they return to, or a new one). This happened with Norman Hand, for example - look at what he's done since he left Miami and decided to work hard and get in shape. Same thing with Jamie Nails (let go by the Bills and the 'Fins, then gets in shape and plays great). Some times the best motivator is getting a taste of failure.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! I think you couldn't be more on point with this opinion. The contract that Rob Konrad signed was the blow to Dyer. Remember at one point it looked like we were going to lose Konrad. I'm sure Dyer was pumped up, because he knew this was going to be his big chance, then out of nowhere Konrad signed for 4 yrs. That had to crush any hope that Dyer had of being a major contributor to this team. I'm sure that was a major motivation killer. I believe Dyer will be cut this summer because Femi fits the scheme better. It's a shame, because I like Dyer. If he does get cut, I'll still be pullin' for him to become a starter in this league.

I just have a funny feeling that in the end, watch the Jets or Pats sign him. :fire:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Didn't New Orleans just trade him to Seattle for pretty much the same reason or am I thinking of another DT of theirs?

Im not sure, you might be thinking of LaRoi Glover. But N.O. have been trading/releasing quite a few decent players lately because the Saints had negative thoughts on them (Ricky, LaRoi, Hand, Roaf, Knight). All these guys were labeled as either too fat, out of shape, too slow, can't break any big runs, cancer in the locker room etc. Clemons and Turyley were recently trade/released too, but I'm not sure if Turley and Clemons had any label on them as to why they are no longer w/the team, but I just added them in there since they are recent departures as well.

Back
Top Bottom