Depth At Wide Receiver Could Mean Tough Decisions When Rosters Cut Down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Depth At Wide Receiver Could Mean Tough Decisions When Rosters Cut Down

If they keep 6.....

Stills
Wilson
Parker
Grant

The competition probably comes down to Hurns, Williams & Butler for two spots.

Hurns had one good year but I thought he would be a future star based on his 2015 performance but then again so did Jacksonville. Hasn't been very productive for over 3 seasons.

Butler is a journeyman who has never had more than 316 yards in a season with 3 TD's.

These last two guys will have to play on ST's but I would stick with Preston Williams and probably Hurns for the last two spots.

If they keep 6.....

Stills
Wilson
Parker
Grant

The competition probably comes down to Hurns, Williams & Butler for two spots.

Hurns had one good year but I thought he would be a future star based on his 2015 performance but then again so did Jacksonville. Hasn't been very productive for over 3 seasons.

Butler is a journeyman who has never had more than 316 yards in a season with 3 TD's.

These last two guys will have to play on ST's but I would stick with Preston Williams and probably Hurns for the last two spots.
I admit, I don't know a lot about Hurns, but it is hard to look good with the QB fiasco that Jax has had recently.

Anyway, if it were me, no way I put Williams on the practice team. He will be gone in 2 weeks.

The way Karl Dorrell talked about Preston Williams and the way they're involving him in special teams, he's safe one way or another. If they're putting him on waivers, it's only because they have intel that he's not going to be picked up by anyone, and he's given them a commitment to signing with them on practice squad.

Allen Hurns is no lock to make the team. He's coming off a gruesome injury. I hear physically he's back but mentally that can be a different story sometimes. His contract is incentive-laden. He gives Miami something they don't really have, especially with Albert Wilson still slow to come back. But if that happens, Wilson comes back during the preseason and they start feeling confident in him, all bets are off for Allen Hurns.

I don't think they keep Brice Butler over Preston Williams. At all. Maybe over Allen Hurns, but that's a maybe.

I think they're going to want to keep Trenton Irwin around but it won't be on the active roster. He's a guy you can get through waivers pretty easily. I expect him to be on the practice squad.

I'll be a little disappointed when they let Reece Horn go. I notice he got some run with the 1st string today. When you start getting him into full competition game-like settings, that's when I think he could shine, because he's got such great eyes for the football, and good size.

I don't think the mix is right for them to end up trading anyone. Kenny Stills would be the most sought after asset but they like him enough to make his role in helping install the offense important. And though my temptation would be to sell high on Devante Parker before he gets a hangnail and misses more time, I just don't see that being their mindset. Albert Wilson wouldn't be up for a trade so long as he's still not shown he's all the way back and healthy.

Would someone pilfer Williams if he was stashed on the PS?

I’d say it depends on what he looks like in the preseason when the entire league can see him.

See how he gets off the ball see how he gets in and out of breaks and how much he threatens dbs etc.

The way Karl Dorrell talked about Preston Williams and the way they're involving him in special teams, he's safe one way or another. If they're putting him on waivers, it's only because they have intel that he's not going to be picked up by anyone, and he's given them a commitment to signing with them on practice squad.
sprockets-gif-13.gif

Back
Top Bottom