Derrius Thompson Comments | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrius Thompson Comments

Originally posted by M-REAL
Peanut, I have question for ya. chambersownzs84 is a longgg name, what happened to Peanut anyway?

My original name was ChambersOwnz84. The longer it is, the better it looks with the colored(white) font.. :D

Originally posted by Prime Time
...he is doing better than McKnight...McKnight did squat against the NBs.

That makes no sense at all. Thompson was thrown to about 5-6 times? About 2-3 of those were catchable and one he could've knocked down(which was intercepted). What did DT finish with? 0 catches? McKnight was thrown to like 3 times and came up with a nice catch and run, he also flew by Coleman or Glenn but was overthrown.

How can you say that Thompson played BETTER than McKnight? :eek:

CO 84, i can understand that.:D And it does look better that way.

I think THIS was going after the ball...

clear.gif

I agree

There is a reason why he was available this off season. He will most likly never develop the way we hope. McKnight has proven last season that he deserves he reps!

CHAMBEROWNZ84:

Would'nt you want Derrius Thompson to get better?? If he got better that would take the heat of everyone gunning for #84, which would then give Chambers the chance to post even bigger numbers??? No I in team to use that cliche.

Originally posted by -Om-
The man didn't get much playing time here, at least not in games that counted. The lingering impression I have is of a guy who would grab your attention with a couple of tough catches in traffic, then drop an easy one. And who would disappear for long stretches. It always struck me that he COULD get separation, and he COULD make the impossible catch, but that he just didn't seem to have the WANNA to make it happen with any consistency.

His mind seemed to wander when he was out there. If he's now talking about "letting the game come to him," that concerns me. He always struck me as a guy who just flat doesn't know how good he could be if he would attack the game more, rather than just coast through it.

Guys like that have always frustrated me more than even the guys who are good, play like it, but whoof too much. I used to talk to Derrius (I have one of those special TV's that actually allow guys on screen to hear me :) ) all the time, and try to metaphorically kick his *** and light a bonfire under it.

"GO AFTER IT!" I'd implore. "You could be DOMINANT, man."

But of course, being busy dodging safeties and rounding off routes and such, he'd never answer.

But I could hear him thinking, "nah ... think I'll just wait for the next ball to come my way. Or whatever."

-OM-, welcome to Finheaven, thanks for looking us up, if this post is any indication of your consistency and talent, I am eager to read some more of your views.

Well put, my friend, thanks for the insight.

Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
CHAMBEROWNZ84:

Would'nt you want Derrius Thompson to get better?? If he got better that would take the heat of everyone gunning for #84, which would then give Chambers the chance to post even bigger numbers??? No I in team to use that cliche.

When did I say I didn't want DT to get better? This team isn't for the future, we're talented enough to get it done now. So put the best players out there, bottom line. Why are you talking about the 'No I in team' thing? I don't get where that fits in, with this topic.. :confused:

Originally posted by inFINSible

-OM-, welcome to Finheaven, thanks for looking us up, if this post is any indication of your consistency and talent, I am eager to read some more of your views.

Well put, my friend, thanks for the insight.

As welcomes go, that's as good as an icy Sam Adams Light, bro.

Well ... almost. :)

Been a Skins fan all my life ... and a closet Phins fan too. Did a 6th grade "research project" on the Christmas Day game against the Chiefs, matter of fact. Podolak. Stenerud. Like that. Hell, even losing to your Perfect Team back then was cool ... it was our first taste of the Big Time - figured we'd be regulars.

Okay, so I was a kid.

Now we've split titles, and I say we're even. I can like your guys (except maybe for that yearly champagne party when the last undefeated goes down -- gotten kinda annoying in my approaching old-manishness) ... and maybe even have some fun later this year when my boyz and yours hook up. Hell, maybe the game will even MEAN something.

PLUS ... you've got Sage and Derrius, whom I like and will gladly comment on if requested ... and Norv, who you probably don't want me to comment on until I've had a chance to convince you I'm really quite a nice guy and don't often hold guys like Norv whom I've never actually met in the same kind of esteem I hold flat beer, flat women and the piles.

But ... I have digressed.

I'd love to find a home away from Om (sorry, always wanted to do that) for my Inner Dolphin. Like what I've seen here, so if you'll tolerate my often exceedingly effusive forays ... we'll be talkin'.

Been a Skins fan all my life ... and a closet Phins fan too. Did a 6th grade "research project" on the Christmas Day game against the Chiefs, matter of fact. Podolak. Stenerud. Like that. Hell, even losing to your Perfect Team back then was cool ... it was our first taste of the Big Time - figured we'd be regulars.

Okay, so I was a kid.

Now we've split titles, and I say we're even. I can like your guys (except maybe for that yearly champagne party when the last undefeated goes down -- gotten kinda annoying in my approaching old-manishness) ... and maybe even have some fun later this year when my boyz and yours hook up. Hell, maybe the game will even MEAN something.

PLUS ... you've got Sage and Derrius, whom I like and will gladly comment on if requested ... and Norv, who you probably don't want me to comment on until I've had a chance to convince you I'm really quite a nice guy and don't often hold guys like Norv whom I've never actually met in the same kind of esteem I hold flat beer, flat women and the piles.

I'd love to find a home away from Om (sorry, always wanted to do that) for my Inner Dolphin. Like what I've seen here, so if you'll tolerate my often exceedingly effusive forays ... we'll be talkin'.

Om...welcome, and I would like to hear your comments on Sage.

Welcome to FinHeaven -OM- !!

As you can see, we enjoy the perspectives from other teams fans, and welcome all fans of the game to our community.
It's always good to get the skinny from a fan of a players ex-team... if you'd have been here last year, we could have warned you about Gardener! :jk:

Anyway.. if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns... fell free to contact either AJ or myself, or any of our Mods... we will be happy to help in any way we can!
Feel free to take advantage of all that FinHeaven has to offer.... looking forward to reading your future posts!

Jon

Okay, so I was a kid.

Oh man, the worst beer I ever tasted was a Sam Adams!!! I'll trust your opines about the the unleaded variety, I'm not about to put myself through that torture again...:lol:

I won't hold that against you though...:D

I'm with Capt.....would love to hear your impressions of Sage....He looks like a guy who is going to grow into a starters role one day, what do you think.

Back
Top Bottom