Derrius Thompsons break out game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrius Thompsons break out game

snook

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tonight is going to be Derrius Thompson's break out game as a Fin. I can just feel it.
Bills are going to go into the game thinking stop Ricky and double Chambers, and Derrius is going to have a BIG game.

You just watch

Then we are just going to give defense coordinators more to worry about in the weeks to come..

I hope you're right snook. I'd like to see players like Thompson, Konrad, McKnight, Lee get in the game more... we need more playmakers to step up and keep the other teams guessing...

We need to spread the "ROCK" around a little bit!

Look for DT and RK to have big games.....along with CC and RW of course!

'Phins are gonna kick the bills all over the field!

I have Moulds and Chambers on my fantasy team, so nooooo.

I think he could do well too, especially if Winfield is covering him, he isn't nearly the cover corner that Clements is.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I think he could do well too, especially if Winfield is covering him, he isn't nearly the cover corner that Clements is.
True enough that Clements covers better but Winfield can cover ...his real strength is in run support is all.

Simple size advantage. If Thompson does not take advantage then Tolver should be starting as both McKnight and Thompson have been ineffective.

I disagree, I say we ride Ricky and Chambers until they drop so to speak. If CHambers can still grab the ball while being double teamed, I say get it to him. If Ricky can churn out five yards each carry with Fat Adams on hi sback, i say churn baby churn.

I only go to Thompson if Chambers, McMicheal, Konrad, and Ricky are covered and have no way of catching it. I have lost some faith in Thompson over the first two weeks. I say we go with what we know.

Originally posted by The_Philster

True enough that Clements covers better but Winfield can cover ...his real strength is in run support is all.

I know Winfield can cover, but Winfield is still not in Clements league when it comes to covering a receiver one on one. With Thompson's size advantage, I hope we try that matchup a couple times.

Originally posted by The_Philster

Is that why RW got 200 yards last year??

Originally posted by Prime Time

No...that happened because we had Eddie "Old Man" Robinson at WLB instead of TKO for one thing. And we also have an improved defensive scheme with LeBeau on board

Where is that snoring smiley?

TKO is a good player I will give oyu that....but one guy will not stop someone from getting 200 yards. Anyway I do not want to get into a bashing arguement...let's see what happens tonight and go from there?

Where is that snoring smiley?

TKO is a good player I will give oyu that....but one guy will not stop someone from getting 200 yards. Anyway I do not want to get into a bashing arguement...let's see what happens tonight and go from there?

I'm not into bashing either..and I stated that the defensive scheme this year is improved as well. TKO is just the most glaring improvement
Milloy, Adams, and Posey are also improvements at their positions over their predecessors.

Anyway, I will have to get back to the Zone soon for the evening. Should be a good game tonight. I hope we can all enjoy it..although I think Bills fans will enjoy it more than you guys. ;)

I would like to see Thompson get the ball too. I just hope he holds on to it. I think he needs to show more desire in going after the ball.

CBs have very little to do with that. Ricky would have gotten 200+ no matter who the CBs were.

Originally posted by Muck

CBs have very little to do with that. Ricky would have gotten 200+ no matter who the CBs were.

Yeah but he was running counters to the wide parts of the fields were the CBs were.

Back
Top Bottom