Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS

Now with my bashing on Browns I will give them one Prop.

They identified they were not going to Win a SB with Baker Mayfield and decided at all Costs to improve. Jury will be out if Watson was the right choice, but give them props for taking the swing.
I would say the swing they took just put them in a cap and resource hell that they won’t recover from for a long, long time.

Did Mayfield's hissy fit compel the Browns to ramp up their offer for Watson? When he said goodbye to the team on Social Media and formally requested a trade then Watson rejected them as a landing spot they were looking at being without a QB. Got a bit panicky and put an insane deal on the table.

That 1M 2022 salary means that the subsequent year's cap hits will be even larger.

(Back of the envelope math coming up... user beware)

If that signing bonus was... say 45M, which would be in line with the 46M average, then it averages out to 9M per year, making his subsequent cap hits per year at about 55M/year (46M salary plus 9M cap hit for bonus). This one makes the Rogers contract look smallish.
Some
Ore I tell for your back envelope math.

I think the Colts. They are a playoff ready team in need of just AVG QB play.

I'm still lost as to why they let Wentz go? His play on the field for a 1st year guy in that system i thought was pretty good.

If they go to Baker that's a downgrade in my opinion.

I'm not sure if people are just salty that he didn't come to Miami, but a lot of people disregard his talent in this thread. He is a top 5 QB.

2020 Stats:
4823 yrds 70.2% cmp 33 TD 7 INT

...and that was with a trash Texans team.

The picks and compensation are 100% worth it. The browns will make a run for the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom