Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

If we are playing that game I'd rather go back and draft Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown.
The problem with Grier is that’s it’s always hindsight and rarely foresight

At 12 we weren't getting either. We traded up where we were sure we would get at least 1, however they both happened to be still on the board and we made the right choice even if marginally. There.
No small, fast WR has ever been worth trading so much for in the history of the NFL.

In fact, no WR of any kind has been worth trading so much for, ever.

I like Waddle, but it was a bad move.

We could have gotten Waddle at 12 and kept that 1st rounder...

My name account name should be a giveaway.

I wanted the Slim Reaper, Devonta Smith. Yes he is small, but he has Marvin Harrison-like ability to get open and the intellect to be a #1 WR despite his size. I still believe that.

My concerns with Waddle were his injury and whether that would be indicative of being injury prone in NFL. I was also concerned that he would never be able to function as a #1. You don't select a WR at #5 to not be a #1 WR...just imo. I know Slim is the #2 in Philly right now as well, but when his time comes I think he can fill the role. I can't say that about Waddle.
Waddle is a great piece...but once we lose Tyreek we will have a serious need at WR again.

I think Smith has the better career but I'm not resentful about Waddle.

What makes me resentful is that Grier has not seized the opportunity to grab 1 of the 3 TOP TIER centers over the years. Creed Humphrey, Tyler Linderbaum, and Joe Tippmann.

This conversation is a perfection example of showing how everyone sees the same thing, but has a diferrent perspective.

Miami immediately traded up to 6, after they traded from 3 to 12. It's already been established Grier doesn't trade to 12 if he didnt already have a plan to trade back to 6.

So if the trade up to 6 was not good value or upsetting, then Miami would have stayed at 3, because again, the trade to 12 only happens with the plan to trade back to 6.

Now, what I have noticed is the focus on what Miami gave up to move to 6. I agree it was a lot.

But, they leave out what was gained from trading from 3-12.

In the end, Miami still netted an extra 1st and 3rd.

So my perspective is 12 was NEVER an option. It was always picking at 3 or 6.

My pick was Sewell that draft.

But I am happy with Waddle

I didn't want either... I thought both were 1b type WRs and would end up costing more than they were worth...

I was all-in on St. Brown... who I hoped to target in the 3rd.

I don't get em all right, but I think I nailed that one.

Back
Top Bottom