Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle

I like Waddle as a number 1, but I think Smith would compliment Hill better. I think Waddle is a better #1 than #2.

I think waddles ability to separate still makes him the better receiver because he opens up your offense more

Stats are about the same but Waddle missed several games this season with injuries

Still got 1000 yards but could have gotten a lot more if healthy

Could have retained our 1st round pick and had Slater and Amon St. Brown in the 4th of the 2021 draft. 😂

Trading back up to #6 for a 1st in that draft littered with All Pro talent was moronic.

Yes and no. It was moronic to hire a defensive coach as the HC, who insisted on building the D before the offense and then drafting a QB onto an offense with no talent.

Miami HAD to come away from that draft with a top WR. There was no decision to be made at that point - outside of scrapping Tua, who they drafted 5th overall the year prior.

I hated - HATED!! - Miami's approach in 2019 and 2020. Completely myopic. Obv if Miami drafted Jefferson and Higgins in 2020, they could have just stayed at 12 in 2021 and drafted either Slater or Parsons, and that would have been preferable. But, by 2021, their past decisions forced their hand. They had no other move to make.

Yes and no. It was moronic to hire a defensive coach as the HC, who insisted on building the D before the offense and then drafting a QB onto an offense with no talent.

Miami HAD to come away from that draft with a top WR. There was no decision to be made at that point - outside of scrapping Tua, who they drafted 5th overall the year prior.

I hated - HATED!! - Miami's approach in 2019 and 2020. Completely myopic. Obv if Miami drafted Jefferson and Higgins in 2020, they could have just stayed at 12 in 2021 and drafted either Slater or Parsons, and that would have been preferable. But, by 2021, their past decisions forced their hand. They had no other move to make.
Nice recap......

I always remind myself of this.

No matter what you think of Tua.

If anything changed this team, positively in that draft, then Miami has Flores as HC and Watson as QB

So...

Is Micah Parsons or D. SMITH worth watching Flores coach and supporting a predator at QB?

TYREKE Hill AND Chubb are also not Phins considering what they would have traded for Watson.

To each their own, some may have preferred that.

For me, not so much.

First and foremost Waddle's numbers would be significantly higher if we didn't have Tyreek on the other side setting WR records. We drafted Waddle before trading for Tyreek. IMO he was going to to be our version of Tyreek. Smith or Chase don't fit that mold. Smith lacks the quickness and Chase is not the best route runner.

Instead of looking at the basic stats, look at how much Waddle opens up the offense. Tua didn't see him multiple times on deeps routes where Waddle was wide open. We need to learn how to identify and punish defenses when that mistake is made in the future.

I look forward to seeing Tyreek and Waddle be the most dominant 1-2 punch at the WR position next season and hopefully beyond.

Back
Top Bottom