Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle

We like drafting players who limp into the NFL. We have to keep our physical therapists busy

Trading back up to #6 for a 1st in that draft littered with All Pro talent was moronic.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

If we're gonna play this game, can we have Puka instead of either?
If we are playing that game I'd rather go back and draft Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown.

We could have had Ja’Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, DeVonte Smith, Mikah Parsons, or Rashawn Slater.

Or even a combination of the players listed above. That’s Chris Grier for you, the gift that keeps on giving Clark!
Could have had Patrick Surtain II as well. It goes back to the 2020 draft. We could have had Justin Jefferson or Aiyuk at 18 and Austin Jackson at 24 (he was a projected mid 2nd round pick). I don’t hate Waddle, but we walked away from 2020 and 2021 with B drafts when there was All-Pros right there when we picked. At positions of need nonetheless.

Please explain how the combination claim works.

My guess would of been using the stash of 2022/2023 firsts to get another 2021 first rounder. Only way it could make sense.

At first I wanted Smith and was disappointed we didn’t take him but Waddle has done some great things and I’m glad we picked him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

If we are playing that game I'd rather go back and draft Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown.

Not hindsight. My one and only mock that I posted on this board was get D Smith and Micah Parsons. We had the ammo for both. The board even played out the way… Philly only moved up what they had to get a WR and Dallas missed out on Surtain they moved down w Philly to 12 and took Micah as a consolation.

No couch GM is perfect and I can admit that I’ve had my dumb moves like pounding the table when we passed on Brady Quinn in 2007.

I thought Miami should go Sewell, but Grier was clear he’d be taking a WR and my choice was Smitty. His route running is so smooth and exceptional hands.

I was told by many he would never hold up in the NFL at his size. I would still take Smitty, he’s the better receiver.

Waddle cost a little more. But that's our GM paying premium for his fixations.
Waddle cost a lot more.

Grier spent two-1st and a 4th to trade up and draft Waddle.

Philly got a 1st and 4th trading back and spent a 3rd to move up to pick 10.

This was the trade when Grier went from acquiring picks to passing them out like Halloween candy.

Draft Picks and $$ Cost:

Dolphins spent on Waddle = Two-1sts and a 4th; 4 years; $27 mil

Philly spent on DeVonta = Swapping a 3rd for a 4th; 4 years $20 mil

Back
Top Bottom