Dez Bryant For League Min? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant For League Min?

Everything Gase and Grier have done this offseason has been directed around getting more high character guys with natural leadership attributes into the locker room, eg:
- Veterans - Gore, Amendola, Sitton, Kilgore, Quinn
- Draft - Fitzpatrick, Baker, Smythe - are the obvious examples.
Why would Gase now put his hand up for a very high maintenance item with a history of emotional issues like Dez Bryant?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving/2017/all#targets

His average separation was 2.4 yards last year.
Same as Julio Jones, AJ Green and better than Mike Evans(2.1), Jeffery(1.8).

Guys like Antonio Brown had a 2.6 yard average separation.

Having watched him the past two years with Dak hasn't been a lack of separation at times. Against physical corners he can get stumped/allowing them in his head though. Dak struggles with precision of the pass in regards to where the ball is placed by the receiver. Is it above the head, to the right or to the left etc.
For example, he'll throw a jump ball to Dez and the ball needs to placed right above Dez head. It's not, and it's swat-table or makes it an even harder catch. Now last year Dez struggled with drops. He wasn't worth his salary and him having a direct line to the owner made him jump over coaches at times. It was the right move for the Cowboys, but I still think he's good enough to play somewhere.

If the dude committed to getting into shape, I doubt he wouldn't regain some of his explosiveness.

Hard to believe he's dedicated enough to winning to put the sweat in at this point in his life though.

On the surface a 1 year minimum deal doesn't look bad at all for a name like Dez's. Like someone else mentioned though, I don't want Jakeem Grant loses touches.

Stay the course I say.

a guy we should’ve taken years ago?... Hell yes! that kinda big body God-given talent is sorely needed on our offense

a guy we should’ve taken years ago?... Hell yes! that kinda big body God-given talent is sorely needed on our offense
Have you watched him play the last few years? He's not the 1200 yd, 10+ touchdown guy any more. Not worth the headache IMO

I don't think he fits what Gase wants attitude wise. His regression these last two years may just be from Dak and him not clicking. He's worth a roll of a dice from that standpoint.

So the franchise that had to hire a full time babysitter let's their man child go, and some brilliant Miami fan comes up with this stuff?

526d6b7becad04b34f85b2d4-750-366.jpg

Dez won't sign for minimum - he turned down Baltimore's very generous offer. And does anyone think Dez Bryant would fit Gase's new culture?
Irony of ironies if he signs with New Orleans Lol!

Looking at our current depth chart we've got Parker, Stills, Amendola, Wilson, Grant, Carroo, plus a number of other receivers without an NFL catch to their name. Would Des Bryant offer us an upgrade?

Possibly if he can return to his past form, but based on the past few seasons there is no guarantee that he would make a big difference. I'd take him on a vet minimum and gamble he can regain his form, but what scuppers this deal is his character. With what Gase and the front office have done this off season with departures and arrivals, adding Bryant doesn't make much sense and kinda goes against what they've been doing.

Dez won't sign for minimum - he turned down Baltimore's very generous offer. And does anyone think Dez Bryant would fit Gase's new culture?
Irony of ironies if he signs with New Orleans Lol!

He turned it down cause they don't play Dallas this year.

He wants to play against the Cowboys as many times as possible, hence his desire to play for the Giants.

he is not a team guy .... he has shown alligator arms in the end zone, and no - he isn't getting great separation. the guys we have now are MUCH faster then he is at this point.

Back
Top Bottom