Did anyone read the HYDE article about T.O.? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone read the HYDE article about T.O.?

I hate how everyone says he has a bad attitude. Just cause the guy celebrates alot when he scores. And criticize his quarterback maybe he just dosent like Garcia personaly. I have heard some things about Garcia that might have caused this. If you ever watched playmakers and saw thier WR thats what i heard about Garcia and maybe Owens just didnt like that. I wouldnt mind seeing him scoring TDs and signing the ball in the Miami endzone

Always liked TO, but he does drop a lot of balls, combined with the attitude... it's not that i dont want him, i just think the money, if we have it, should be used on the offensive line, we can get other wide receivers that can do the job in FA/draft... we have 3 viable options on O (ricky/chambers/mcmichael) dont need the superstar to be signed at the expense of other need positions. just wouldnt be a logical move

Originally posted by Brad528
I hate how everyone says he has a bad attitude. Just cause the guy celebrates alot when he scores. And criticize his quarterback maybe he just dosent like Garcia personaly. I have heard some things about Garcia that might have caused this. If you ever watched playmakers and saw thier WR thats what i heard about Garcia and maybe Owens just didnt like that. I wouldnt mind seeing him scoring TDs and signing the ball in the Miami endzone

Nooooo, no bad attitude there. Screaming at your coaches, calling out your QB, pointing fingers at everyone but himself, and generally acting like an overall piece of crap doesn't make for an attitude problem does it? Oh wait, it does? Guess you were totally, 100%, and completely wrong on this one dude!! :nono:

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc
Sorry, we allready got him :lol:

Please take him! He will help ensure that the Iggles will never make it to the Super Bowl when he decides he hates McNabb because McNabb is the #1 guy in Philly; MeOh can't handle NOT being the top dawg in town.

Originally posted by Cranx
Please take him! He will help ensure that the Iggles will never make it to the Super Bowl when he decides he hates McNabb because McNabb is the #1 guy in Philly; MeOh can't handle NOT being the top dawg in town.
We don't need TO's help to NOT make the Super Bowl :rolleyes2

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc

We don't need TO's help to NOT make the Super Bowl :rolleyes2

Exactly, so why overpay a cancer to get no further than you would otherwise?

Originally posted by Brad528
I wish one of are recievers would yell at Dave sometimes maybe thats what he needs.

Dave has already proven that he's not a candy a**ed coach that will allow that kind of thing on his team; just ask DG about that.

If any player attempted that kind of crap with Wanny I'm quite certain they would find themselves riding the pine the following week.

Re: Re: Did anyone read the HYDE article about T.O.?

Originally posted by DolphinzD

TO only gets pissy when the Niners are losing. He thinks that they have the best chance to win when the ball is in his hands, and guess what? He's right. Sure, he's selfish, but wouldn't you like a player on offense who demanded the ball? I know I would. When's the last time we had one of those?

That would be a compelling argument except for the fact that during the first half of the season T.O. was targeted more than any other WR in the league and yet they lost in large part b/c of the large numberof passes he dropped.

He didn't drop a LARGE number of passes and I doubt that contributed in a huge way to them losing.

But this is ridiculous. There's no way we could afford him, and also TO is leaving the 49ers because he claims Garcia doesn't have the arm to get him the ball. He wants to go to Philly because he knows Donovan has the arm to get him the ball. Why would he come to Miami? Who here has the arm to get him the ball? Maybe Marino. We could suit him up. TO is also not exactly young. I mean he's in his prime but with us talking about drafting a rookie QB, that rookie QB won't be ready to be explosive until TO would be just past his prime...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He didn't drop a LARGE number of passes and I doubt that contributed in a huge way to them losing.

But this is ridiculous. There's no way we could afford him, and also TO is leaving the 49ers because he claims Garcia doesn't have the arm to get him the ball. He wants to go to Philly because he knows Donovan has the arm to get him the ball. Why would he come to Miami? Who here has the arm to get him the ball? Maybe Marino. We could suit him up. TO is also not exactly young. I mean he's in his prime but with us talking about drafting a rookie QB, that rookie QB won't be ready to be explosive until TO would be just past his prime...

Did you watch the Niners this year? At the half way point of the season TO was averaging well over 10 passes thrown to him a game. It was considerably higher theam any other wr in the league and he was not among the league leaders in catches. The local tv staions showed several instances of him causing ints b/c he either stopped running or didn't even reach for the ball. The local joke was that TO was worth a minimum of two drops per game. If you don't think two drops a game is a large number then I guess you're right, but IMO that is too many drops.

It should also be noted that nobody from SF is showing even the slightest remorse that TO is leaving. The reason is not only related to the attitude problems but rather that the Niner's offense looked better after TO got hurt and Brandon Lloyd came in and not only made some great catches he also dropped fewer passes.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Actually, you're wrong on this one too bro. T.O. lead the league in dropped passes throught the first half of the season according to ESPN. While I never saw the stats for the second half, his first half stats in that department were enough to make James McKnight feel good about himself!

Back
Top Bottom