Did Dave Wannstedt Sabotage the Dolphins 04 Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Dave Wannstedt Sabotage the Dolphins 04 Season?

I don't think he deliberately wanted to lose games but because he was such a hardhead, he hurt Feeley and Carey. I think he tried to prove a point at the teams expense.

NYinBostonFin said:
Wannass is a moron. No way he is that smart. The only the he did do was play power games with Speilman.

I do however question Wayne. DW should have been gone 2 years ago. During Wanny's tenure the fins consistently had gotten better and better in talent (not counting last year), however our record got worse and worse. Unacceptable.

Some blame must be put directly on him. If we had 2 more wins last year, DW still might be our coach b/c wayne may hav taken pity due to the whole Ricky leaving fiasco. Picture that nightmare.

That will haunt me while I sleep like a late night Taco Bell meal!

NYinBostonFin said:
Wannass is a moron. No way he is that smart. The only the he did do was play power games with Speilman.

I do however question Wayne. DW should have been gone 2 years ago. During Wanny's tenure the fins consistently had gotten better and better in talent (not counting last year), however our record got worse and worse. Unacceptable.

Some blame must be put directly on him. If we had 2 more wins last year, DW still might be our coach b/c wayne may hav taken pity due to the whole Ricky leaving fiasco. Picture that nightmare.

Excellent point....

This was an excellent point written by Fishfan 34 that addresses this issue as well:

The main problem with this offensive line the past few years was purely the coaching, or lack thereof that it received. This coaching staff, especially LAST year, has had NO integrity. They say they played the best five guys, or that they played this guy for this reason or didn't play Carey because he wasn't developing. Well first of all, you can't develop on a line that has ZERO coaching and no rhyme or reason to it, secondly, how can we take what those guys (coaches) said at face value. The youngers players didn't play because of both reasons, Wanny's favoritism of the veterens to the younger kids and then yes, to save his job, he totally threw all kinds of monkey wrenches in the works.. It will be fun to watch this line and this offense in general with a coaching staff that has a plan, has a direction, and has a CLUE as to how to prepare and game plan.. Players have to play, true enough, but what good does it do, when the tools they're given to play with, are less than adequate to the tools their opponent is playing with.. Houck, Linehan, Baggett, Saban... they're coaches and teachers.. Wanny, Collier, Wise, they were all in over their heads, and pretenders when it came to being able to coach..

NYinBostonFin said:

How do you fire a coach with a winning record every year. The 4-12 year was a way out for WH. The fins were left out of the playoffs due to an extremely tough conference not our records. We would have been a playoff team every year in the NFC.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
The question that is on my mind and many others is that did DW really wanted to win NFL games as the Dolphin Head coach? Or did he try to sabotage the franchise before he left? After reviewing some of these comments the offense were put in a position to fail deliberately! I'am I just speculating or is there something to this theory... You be the judge...

"Robert Konrad that the offensive team never even had one meeting together..."

"AJ Feeley couldn't call audibles after a play was called."

Vernon Carey: "I know why I didn't play and why I should have played. ... I think I should have played a little more," he said.

"It's just totally different techniques," Carey said. "Every offensive line coach has different techniques  some work and some don't."

I see black helicopters following me!!!

Wanny was SOOOOOO inept, that if he tried to sabotage the season he would have screwed up and we would have been in the SB!

I think Wanny tried his best. He is just not head coach material

FIREMEDIC822 said:
How do you fire a coach with a winning record every year. The 4-12 year was a way out for WH. The fins were left out of the playoffs due to an extremely tough conference not our records. We would have been a playoff team every year in the NFC.

Because we were still underachieving. We had a team w/ 9 probowlers 2 years ago including and didn't make the playoffs. Why? How can that be? We had a better team than the rest of the division period. You can't make excuses being in the toughest division. It doesn't get easier in the playoffs. (and did you see our team perform in the playoffs while wanny was here? That raiders game made me sick.)
You cant be happy with being average or a little above not making the playoffs every year. Thats what kept him here. He was a bad head coach, with great players. He might have made a good DC, but to be the type of coach DW was we would never make it past the wild card game.

With your logic, we should have kept fielder. He won a lot of games why not keep him? B/c he can't win the game.

wanny's ship had run its course in miami, so he did the smart thing and hopped overboard

This could be the dumbest thread I've read here in a long time.

Yes, a coach decided to sabotage the season so he could get his *** fired? Errrr, ya, good thinking.

YESSS, the old "Wanny-Got-Fired-on-Purpose" Conspiracy Theory.....he had plans to really fail so that he would be fired and hired to coach his alma mater at Pitt. You're giving Wanny way too much credit to be able to pull this off. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom