Did I make a stupid bet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did I make a stupid bet?

Stupid bet or sure thing?

• Start making plans to spend that Grant right now!

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Better budget $5 a month for the next 10 months so you are prepared when ya lose.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who knows? It could go either way.

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

UT-Phinz

Help... I'm a lesbian in a man's body!!
Reaction score
After some serious smack talking with a friend of mine who is a Tennessee Titans fan, a friendly wager was made.

The stakes: $50.00 US - One Ulysses S. Grant

The wager: Whichever team goes farthest in the post season, the Titans or the Phins. If neither team makes it or both get beaten in the same round, then all bets are off.

Now... I already know that this bet was made extremely prematurely in light of the fact that we are in the middle of the off season, and a hell of alot of things can happen between now and next January... but I just have a feeling that our boys will be going far, and there will not be such a thing as the December Dolphin Demise this year. I know we have a tough schedule in December, but still... something tells me.

Anyways... you make the call. All opinions welcome.

Hmmmm.... well, considering the Titans Division... they could very well end up with a bye... I have seen worse bets, but this one could very easily go either way, but I think your gonna win.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Hmmmm.... well, considering the Titans Division... they could very well end up with a bye... I have seen worse bets, but this one could very easily go either way, but I think your gonna win.

Actually the division will be tough with Jacksonville adding more talent to their young talented defense and you still have Colts.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i made that same bet last year with a friend only accept he had the raiders....we watched the raiders miami game together after the bet and I was on him so bad...but you know how the story goes and he had the last laught

ther was also a footnote in our bet...if either team made the superbowl it was double:mad: :mad:

Good Bet!
Miami looks better on paper anyways. Will have to see if that holds up untill January.
Go Dolphins!

I make this bet every year with my Father-In-Law. Except, it's the Dolphins and the Eagles. I've been getting the short end of the stick for the last couple of years, but I am hoping for better.

Sorry about the attachment guys I was trying to add that to my Sig. Didn't do it right!
Go Dolphins!

no that is a good bet. I lost out on a bet similar to that last year but i had the dolphins in the bowl.

OK... Mr KB21 is history....

Anyone else want to challenge my Mods in public?

step right up... I've got my banning stick polished and ready.

sorry wharf....I tried to split all the bad stuff to the staff only and i made a mess...ooops.

Originally posted by minus

Actually the division will be tough with Jacksonville adding more talent to their young talented defense and you still have Colts.

I'm not sold on the Jaguars yet... I still think they are a year or 2 away before becomming solid (but they definately seem to be heading in the right direction), that leaves just Tennesee and Indy's Offense.

Could go either way.....We are definaltey a better team, but considering the Titans Division things can bounce their way heck they can win their division and get a first rd bye, and then look at our division One of the toughest which again we might be fighting for the only AFCE spot....once again, we are a better team, but this is no way to go about betting on it, its an unfair based desicion.....At the beggining of last year I wouldve told you this is a good bet, becuz we were a better team, and look what happened.........

P.S. Why not bet on the scrimmage against the Titans instead? :lol: J/K

Back
Top Bottom