Did Marino ever blow his achilles? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Marino ever blow his achilles?

Losman7 said:
Kinda. I get alot of posting done at work haha.

Hey, I'm just proud to share an injury with one of the greatest QB's ever.

Good lord, what am I saying...:D
Slight error:
- one of the greatest :shakeno:
+ the greatest :yes:

Hope your rehab + surgery goes well.

Good luck with the surgery. Make sure you don't rush yourself back too soon.

Agua said:
Yup. Injured by dirt: non-contact.

Was it? I thought his own Offensive lineman stepped on his foot as he was dropping back from the snap.

I have this game on tape. Marino was on fire that afternoon,hitting receivers all over the field (as usual). I remember thinking he was going to have huge numbers that day.Then it happened,Marino dropped back and tried to step up to throw and his right ankle gave out. After half time the announcer said that Marino ruptured his achilles tendon and he will be out for the remainder of the season.I could`nt believe it.
.....Three years later I did the exact same thing,only it was my left heel.Let me tell you this,it was the worst injury I ever had.Very slow healing process but it`s as good as new now so it`s worth the time letting it heal and not trying to do things too soon.
.....Now,if you all would excuse me,I think I`ll go watch that tape again,it`s been awhile since I saw it.

Losman7 said:

You just became my favorite Bills fan
:)

PHINATIC13 said:
In 93' I believe

You are correct and Najee Muhammed I think picked off Scott Mitchell's first pass and returned it for a TD for Cle.

LithoMan said:
Dude, I was at that game. That field was horrible. I remember metcalf running around just ripping huge chunks out of it, throwing them into the air as he ran.

Then, Dan drops back, and goes down. It was ugly, you could actually see his leg bend back, as his heel hit no bottom. It was ugly.

Then, all those freak talking smack, "whos Mitchell", and it got worse as scott's first pass gets picked off and returned for a TD. Oh, it got real ugly. Loudmouth SOB's. But, then the miraculous comeback. All I did was taunt them back "THATS MITCHELL!" Im surpirsed I made it out of there alive. :roflmao: Cant remember the year, I think I was 21, so it would of been 93.

I was at the game, too. The most impressive thing was that Marino completed the pass on that play!

Losman7 said:

haa haa a bills fan admits it finnally, somebody quick call cnn.:roflmao:

Yeah I was watching the game when it happened, i didn't breath for what seemed 10 minutes.
I also remember when he hurt his knee against Houston on the turf as he scrambled (yes back in the day he could run a little) for a TD. Strock came in and played horrible.

The thing I remember most about that horrible day in Cleveland was OJ Simpson doing the sideline reporting. When Marino was wheeled off about 15 minutes later it was revealed he had torn the achilles and Simpson announced it with a huge smile on his face. That really pissed me off.

AtlantaPhin said:
The thing I remember most about that horrible day in Cleveland was OJ Simpson doing the sideline reporting. When Marino was wheeled off about 15 minutes later it was revealed he had torn the achilles and Simpson announced it with a huge smile on his face. That really pissed me off.

OJ had other things on his mind, he only had a few months left to decide what he was going to do in June of '94.

nyjunc said:
OJ had other things on hi smind, he only had a few months left to decide what he was going to do in June of '94.
So true. We should have know he was up to something after that.

Losman7 said:
Just curious...I just got back from the hospital, blew out my left (did the same to my right one 14 months ago) playing hoops. My dad said he thought Marino did and I couldn't remember...
Well that sucks...Good luck with the surgery

Remember the questions looming before the opener against the Pats the following year, was it 95, against the Pats. What a game. One of Marino's best games ever. Fryar had 9 catches for 211 yards and 4 TD's. One of Marino's best games ever. I'll never forget that one. Marino's calf muscle was always atrophied after that. Visably much smaller because he never was the same but again that game was great

Back
Top Bottom