Did Marino ever blow his achilles? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Marino ever blow his achilles?

Yeah ! Miami was in the AFC championship game the year before and were poised for a great season until they lost Marino for the year. That was the same year they beat Dallas in the infamous Leon Lett Thanksgiving game and were 9-2 and in first place in the NFL but the injuries depleted them and left them 9-7 and missing the playoffs by one game.

phinfan77 said:
yep sharing an injury with a hall of famer- too bad that doesn't ease the pain.

Good luck on your surgery, I hope everything goes well.

side not e- are they replacing the achilles or re attaching? I actually make achilles tendon grafts

Don't even know yet. I won't see my surgeon til monday, Last time they reattached it, But we'll see.

Thanks for the luck guys, ..

Hey at least its not football season.

angryphin said:
Remember the questions looming before the opener against the Pats the following year, was it 95, against the Pats. What a game. One of Marino's best games ever. Fryar had 9 catches for 211 yards and 4 TD's. One of Marino's best games ever. I'll never forget that one. Marino's calf muscle was always atrophied after that. Visably much smaller because he never was the same but again that game was great

That was '94 and that was Dan's last legit shot to reach a SB, i think had they beat SD they would have won at Pitt eh following week. They would have been thrashed in the SB but at least they would have made it.

I also was at that game in all my Phins gear sitting just to the right of the Dawg pound and I thought I was going to be lynched by the crowd for all the noise I made when the Phins came back and won the game. Great day to be a Phins fan, horrible day to be a Marino fan.

Back
Top Bottom