Did we hit our ceiling last year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we hit our ceiling last year?

I get it. FA hasn't started and I pray we'll find equal or above average replacements for the guys we're about to lose but we're broke lol

Our OL might be worse, our defense most likely will be a lot worse.. so it all hangs on Tua's performance. Can he lead this team bc we're gonna need to depend on him a lot next year

So many questions and I'm scared we're going to be downgrading a lot of positions

Who plays center? Williams gone
Who plays guard? Hunt gone
Who's our number 2 corner? (say what you want about X but behind him, there isn't much) - X gone
Baker was wack but did you see Riley start?! Atrocious - Baker gone
Who the hell will be rushing the QB to start the season? AVG gone, Phillips and Chubb both rehabbing. holy sheet
Interior DL will be decimated with Wilkins and possibly Davis gone. Sieler was good but did he benefit from having Wilkins next to him?

but its cool bc we got a journeyman TE who has never eclipsed 600 yards or 50 catches in a season. Oh and we resigned a shitty punter

Gulp, I'm scared boys
AVG will stay. His wife is active with other wives, and they love ther community. I think he gets 7 million per. Not bad for a guy that doesn’t do anything superlatively, but does everything with 100% intensity. I wish Wilkins was a bit less “corporate”… C Wilkins, Inc.

AVG will stay. His wife is active with other wives, and they love ther community. I think he gets 7 million per. Not bad for a guy that doesn’t do anything superlatively, but does everything with 100% intensity. I wish Wilkins was a bit less “corporate”… C Wilkins, Inc.
Lol, these aren't SWO spouses here.

I get it. FA hasn't started and I pray we'll find equal or above average replacements for the guys we're about to lose but we're broke lol

Our OL might be worse, our defense most likely will be a lot worse.. so it all hangs on Tua's performance. Can he lead this team bc we're gonna need to depend on him a lot next year

So many questions and I'm scared we're going to be downgrading a lot of positions

Who plays center? Williams gone
Who plays guard? Hunt gone
Who's our number 2 corner? (say what you want about X but behind him, there isn't much) - X gone
Baker was wack but did you see Riley start?! Atrocious - Baker gone
Who the hell will be rushing the QB to start the season? AVG gone, Phillips and Chubb both rehabbing. holy sheet
Interior DL will be decimated with Wilkins and possibly Davis gone. Sieler was good but did he benefit from having Wilkins next to him?

but its cool bc we got a journeyman TE who has never eclipsed 600 yards or 50 catches in a season. Oh and we resigned a shitty punter

Gulp, I'm scared boys
Like you said brother, FA hasn’t even started yet. Yes we will be losing guys and downgrading at positions. We did that last year as well. Last year was our best shot. But that doesn’t mean that we won’t be better next year. Buffalo is a year ahead of us in cap casualties and they should keep continually declining as they did last year.

We can improve internally. Much of our core hasn’t even peaked yet. We will sign players that will be cheaper but many provide similar impact. If we hit on some picks than we’ll be fine

Gulp, I'm scared boys

As you should be. It wouldn't be the Miami Dolphins if you weren't.

Me? I pray. A lot. A heckuva lot more since Hill decided to get real on some unnecessary BS on top of being broke with major roster problems.

🎼Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins are #1🎼

EVERYBODY!

Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me at this point. I'm going to go apeshit on Sundays rooting for whatever product they put on the field. Cuz, lets face it, the psychopath fan knows he could never truly stop watching. This team was handed down to me. I've earned sh;tting on this team till my hearts content. I can do that. Cuz I know I'm gonna be there regardless every game day... hoping... no matter what... till my time is at an end.

So, to those out there with terror in their hearts; let it go unto the ether so it may vanish in the whirlwind. For, if your future has been foretold, foolish is he who would accept a known fate with a heavy heart. Go blissfully into that good fight to meet disaster with a joy that lights the dark. Better meet the blade with a smile sharper still.

Disagree, I think the opposite.

McD’s timing, motion based offense struggles in the elements and on the road imo.
motion offense is great, as long as you can get off the line clean. Hill is 5'9". If anyone bumps him, it throws off the timing. watch the game film. Tua cannot find the open man. By the end of the year, defenses figured him out. In three years, Tua won't be playing in the NFL unless Hill can continue to hide his shortcomings.

The team didn't, Tua did...
The team didn't, Tua did...
If you think the team didn't falter at the end of the year or in the playoffs, you were'nt paying attention. There were only 3 or 4 players on defense at the end of the season that were going all out on every play. And that's what pisses me off with Grier.
Wilkens played his guts out every game. If you can't afford to pay him, you failed. Van Ginkel played like he was possessed by Singletary or Zach Thomas. He seemed to be involved in every play. After watching the "stars" drop balls and miss tackles, you damn well better resign someone wno shows he wants to be out there. I've been a Dolphins fan since '84, but I'm on the verge of giving up on the NFL altogether. If Miami signs another finesse player and cuts Van Ginkel, I'm done. This kid deserves to be a household name due to his hustle.

i'm good lol just sucks knowing talent-wise, we're going to be worse next year. like i said, if tua comes out balling, we'll be good. he's just gotta get over the hump of not being able to beat the really good teams
It's not that "he" can't beat the teams. He doesn't read defenses. This offense is built on timing, and defenses know it. That's why the first half of the year they were unstoppable, and the second half a high school team could've beat them. Tua is a rhythm passer.

motion offense is great, as long as you can get off the line clean. Hill is 5'9". If anyone bumps him, it throws off the timing. watch the game film. Tua cannot find the open man. By the end of the year, defenses figured him out. In three years, Tua won't be playing in the NFL unless Hill can continue to hide his shortcomings.
Ok, Why did they struggle in Germany? In Buffalo in September? They lost against every team that was good, not great, because this offense is easy to figure out. In order to win, you have to actually be better than the man across from you. listen to x howard, others leaving. No one gave a ****. No one bought in.

Lol, these aren't SWO spouses here.
You must not be married.😏Once you have kids, the hubby becomes slave #1, persona non grata., last in the pecking order, and a “whatever you say, sweetie” non entity. Don’t ask me how I know. 😂If AVG’s wife says “stay”, AVG will take the good offer

Ok, Why did they struggle in Germany? In Buffalo in September? They lost against every team that was good, not great, because this offense is easy to figure out. In order to win, you have to actually be better than the man across from you. listen to x howard, others leaving. No one gave a ****. No one bought in.
What did Howard say?

X did not leave we canned him

We will see if they all buy in but you have no way of knowing that not

why even comment? literally provided no value
It’s provided comedic value, I know I chuckled when I read that one. I would’ve completed it with “let me punch myself in the dick”. That might ‘ve landed with more power, but it was pretty amusing as it was…

Back
Top Bottom