Dieon Sanders for HC?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dieon Sanders for HC??

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Deion Sanders for HC??

Don't start with the tried old "put down the crack pipe" line...hear me out, please...

Coaching in the NFL is less about teaching and X's and O's than it is about MOTIVATION.

The main job of a HC, as I see it, is more of a managerial type position. Meaning, that if he surrounds himself with a good OC and DC among all the other position coaches, his main responsibilty would be his relationship with the players. If he can get the players to buy into his philosophy and leave their hearts on the field every week most of his job is done. That's the distinction between great coaches and everybody else.

Now, admittedly, there are some coaches whose sheer football genius has earned the respect of their players and has put them in a position influential leadership. Dick Vermiel comes to mind immediately as does Bill Belechik.

The other type of great coach is "the motivator". Bill Parcells would top that list but, Gruden and possibly Herm Edwards could be added to that list also.

Alot of fans either hate or love Deion Sanders. There aren't too many people on the fence about him. But, NO PLAYER in the league has ever said a bad word about DS. Not only that but wherever Dieon played that team was immediately better and his lockerroom presense was raved about....On the way to the SB of course.. The man had a natural charisma and will-to-be-the-best that rubbed off on everyone around him.

Whatever "it" is, Deion seems to have it.

Being a former GREAT player also carries built in respect with todays players especially when most of them grew up watching him regularly shut down half the field against opposing teams' offenses.

This is all speculation based on DS expressing his desire to coach the Falcons and DW's possible failure here in Miami but, the more I think about it the more intriguing it sounds to me.

So, build me up or tear me down but let me know what you think, please.

Oh, and I know we would have to spend alot of practice time working on tackling but, we'd have a position coach to teach that, not Deion.;)

Last edited:
He can be a head coach if he want.

Do I want him as the HC of the Fins? No bleeping way.

He is ****y, arrogant, classless, something the Fins organization (minus Bryan Cox) is not and will hopefully never be.

He wouldn't fit as a member of the Fins. It just doesn't fit.

And by the way....I after E before C, or some crap like that...but I know it is Deion.

Thanks dusty...I'll fix that. Everytime i typed it I had a mini internal battle about where to put that damn "I". :lol:

Like I said, many fans hate the guy. NO PLAYER has ever had a bad thing to say about him. THAT is what counts, right?

As a player though. He may want to coach, doesn't mean that he'd be a good one. I just can't seem him as a Fins coach.

Deion Sanders?

Why not just hire Rich Kotite?

But why not?? If we crash and burn this year, the whole team is going to get torn apart. There won't be an identity right?

Maybe NEON is our next identity.

The Rams and Redskins were never known as pass happy teams until another regime took over.

Things change.

It might be fun.

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN
InFins, I respect your opinion greatly, but no way on this one. Sorry.
:lol: :lol: hey....I...don't even know if it's a good idea or not. I'm jus lookin' for some opinions that's all.

I'll mark you down as a NO!;)

Yeah..about that Bob Stoops response..read "The Life of Reilly" 2 weeks ago....or just pay attention to any offseason in the past 4 years.

Bob Stoops is not going anywhere but wherever Oklahoma plays a road game (for all the slow people, it means he's not leaving his head coaching position at OK)

The odds of a college coach coming in and commanding the respect of a well established team of NFL veterans are very slim, IMO.

Stoops would be my first choice IF, we were to go the rebuilding route.

It seems a lot of people on here are dreamers. First you think the Dolphins are going to the playoffs, now you want Eli Manning and Bob Stoops........keep dreaming!!! If you want those 3 things, you're going to have to be a fan of the Chiefs (they practically playoff bound already , the Chargers (or whoever wants him out of the worst 3 teams in the league), and OU.

Back
Top Bottom