Dieon Sanders for HC?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dieon Sanders for HC??

I wish Wayne would just tell Joe Gibbs, name your price and I'll match it. He would be my first choice. Stoops 2nd.

Deion's comments about the Atlanta job were about one thing, which is the same thing his flirtation with the Raiders was: A semi-feeble attempt to drive interest in CBS' pre-game show, which, despite #13's best efforts, remains the weakest of the bunch.

A head coach should command respect. Deion was/is certainly a great athlete and QBs around the league respected him. However, both on and off the field his 'meism' promoted nothing but derisiveness.

The guy has the biggest ego that professional sports has ever witnessed. Yes, including Michael Jordan. Ok, yes, Steve Spurrier has an ego problem too. But at least he has managerial and leadership skills. What has Deion showed us that would prove he is qualified to run an NFL franchise?

Infins this has to be one of the largest objects you have pulled out of your ***. A player with no coaching experience and an empty resume is irrelevant. At least Dave Wannstead has a resume filled since before deion was born.

Having a big ego doesn't disqualify a guy from coaching success. Guys like Parcells, Cowher, and Holmgren are current egos who have had great success.

Originally posted by Muck
Having a big ego doesn't disqualify a guy from coaching success. Guys like Parcells, Cowher, and Holmgren are current egos who have had great success.

I agree. That is why I included, about Spurrier, that at least he has proven leadership and managerial skill.

A coach like Parcells or Cowher bends the wills of the individuals on the team to suit the team goal. When has Deion every shown that he is willing to look out for anyone but PrimeTime?

Ok, maybe he has matured. I still don't think that players and assistant coaches will respect and follow his lead. What is he going to do? Buy them all $2000 10-button pinstripe suits. Teach them the proper way to strut for an excessive celebration fine. I know that I am being overly critical of the guy, but he deserves it. He has always been full of himself. But, I don't see how he expects anyone to swallow this load of crap.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Infins this has to be one of the largest objects you have pulled out of your ***. A player with no coaching experience and an empty resume is irrelevant. At least Dave Wannstead has a resume filled since before deion was born.

Not quite.....I once thought that Ricky needed to learn how to lengthen his stride so that he could avoid getting tripped up so often....then he goes and uses those little stutter steps to bust out 200+ yards against the bills in the snow. Oh well.

Oh, and I already made the tackling joke in my original post. :nana:

At least I didn't start a thread asking why we have opposing teams fans in here every week. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom