Dion jordan?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion jordan??

Jordan reeks of a boom or bust guy. But I like the gamble. Correct philosophy indeed. Pass rusher opposite Cam was something that needed to be addressed, obviously Dion was someone Ireland loved.

Ireland did good. He fleeced Oakland.

Take a look at what Saint Louis gave up for #8 and compare what we gave up for #3. Ireland pimpslapped the Raiders, and we got the best pass rusher and a top ten talent.

I'm freaking ecstatic.
i agree I think we got great value only giving up a 2nd

This is the correct philosophy anyway, taking a swing at a great player. You can sit there for years relying on mid round guys and you'll never get anywhere. That's why I think Philbin influenced this move. Ireland has always been content to overstate his later picks. Philbin won't be fooled.

Oregon defenders are difficult to evaluate. They terrorize you on offense, forcing the opponents' offense to panic and press. Last year we drafted Kaddu, another skinny Oregon guy who often looked great on the attack.

I have a sense it might take Jordan a while to bloom. He'll make plays here and there but often be easily trapped or redirected. Not nearly the functional strength of Wake.

Yesterday I watched a draft preview on CSS. Ron Zook was skeptical of Jordan, saying he only played 42% of Oregon's defensive snaps, and was virtually never on the field in the red zone.

My main problem with this pick is one premier guy is not enough. I was hoping we'd take our best shot at 12, then package 42 and 54 to move within the first round, or wherever it could take us. If all we do is name Jordan, then trade the 54 for a known unspectacular player in Albert, and otherwise rely on 3rd rounders and lower, it's not an optimum investment of all our resources, IMO.

I couldn't agree more. One premier guy is not enough, especially one that might take a few years to blossom.....especially with all the other holes we still have on this team at CB, OL, DE, etc. I'm skeptical of Jordan just like Zook....he didn't play all the time at Oregon and although an athletic freak and great in coverage, he was only average at rushing the passer against teams that he knew HAD to pass the ball, especially since he was rotated a lot and always fresh. Is he talented? Without question...rare skills for a guy his size. But that doesn't mean he's worth the #3 pick or a good fit for our defense if we remain a base 4-3 team. To me, the best thing he'll do for us to start is cover Gronk, not rush the passer.

First off Vernon doesn't suck buddy, he's being developed and has plenty of upside and will be coached up, and second for 2 seasons odrick has played he's had no less them 5 sacks, just because he's not being used correctly doesn't mean he sucks. You're totally clue less about out team if you think that. I see it as this team has good depth on the from seven. But I guess you're entitled to your opinion lol

Jordan had 5 sacks last year not a good pick imo. We could have warner at 12 if we really wanted a good passrusher

if you think its a bad pick then you obviously dont know anything about jordan. And for us to only give up a 2nd to move up... thats a great trade. Now i expect albert trade and KC to cave in for our high 3rd

Jordan reeks of a boom or bust guy. But I like the gamble. Correct philosophy indeed. Pass rusher opposite Cam was something that needed to be addressed, obviously Dion was someone Ireland loved.

I agree with this, playing safe has left us with 7-9, 7-9. 6-10, 7-9 at least we're taking a chance at drafting a player that can become great

Jordan had 5 sacks last year not a good pick imo. We could have warner at 12 if we really wanted a good passrusher

5 sacks but he wasnt told to blitz every play either.... he dropped in coverage ALOT in college.... thats the kind of freak athlete he is.... stats dont tell all

With Wake, Vernon, and now Jordan I get the sense Miami is wanting to run their own version of the NASCAR package like the New York Giants like to run.

You think Ireland wanted to do that and no one else did or something.

Back
Top Bottom