Disappointed with Ricky????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Disappointed with Ricky?????

how quickly we become spoiled...sundays #'s; 25 carries 97 yds rush= 3.88 YPC(and this is a BAD game). lets not forget, lamar averaged 3.1 YPC last year. and lets not forget jj johnson and cecil collins, john avery, sammie smith, troy stradford, etc. etc. etc.

I think the lack of outside runs and screens are by design... if you go to it every week (ala gailey) teams are gonna be there waiting for it.. if you pick and choose when to use them they work much better... the staple of Ricky's offense is going up the middle.. and we want to do that most of the time so people are all there waiting for him.. then when we go to the screen or the outside it is wide open... I think Norv is saving these types of plays and Ricky for down the stretch when we need them and him most... IMO gailey went to the screen and roll-out way too much early in the year, then down the stretch and in the playoffs teams were just sitting there waiting for it...

Norv tries to do what the other teams thinks he is not... look at the Bills game.. they thought we were gonna run the ball alot and roll Lucas out when we threw... well we came out throwing and left Lucas in the pocket.. and it was working great... until Lucas got hit and lost his nerve.. then it didn't matter what anybody did.. he couldn't even hand the ball off without triping over his own feet..

I think Norv is doin a great job and down the stretch and deep into the playoffs (hopefully) we will see alot more of Ricky and screens and reverses and a whole lot of stuff we haven't even seen yet!

Reading comprehension skills are severely lacking in some people.

I agree gottahavefootball ... after Gailey's tenure if we run another screen THIS DECADE it will be too much. But to be fair to Chan he didn't have the talent we have now.

Yea,, I like Ricky, he does take a lot of pressure off the QB, Ray gets his act together and he will benefit from Ricky,,this rest time is good for Ricky,,now he can be strong for this Monday nighter vs the Pack..

I disagree with not running screens. It's all well and good to scheme, but you've also got to work with the tools you've got. The best way to get and keep Ray in a groove would have been a few screen passes. Keep things simple and safe, and Ray may not have had the meltdown he had. Instead, we came out gunning like we were already down 2 TD's.

but how good would a screen build his confidence if there was a LB there waiting for it? Norv set him up with easy throws because everybody was crowded at the line... that is why we went down the field so easy on the first drive... it was a great plan and working great until lucas got hit and fumbled... then he started get nervous and antsy in the pocket.. then he couldn't make reads or even throw properly..

you need to use screen to slow down a pass rush, if the D is playing run all the way, they are useless

i can remember at least 2 screens in that game.. one where lucas had to reach really high just to get it over the d-lineman in his face... and I remeber a 3rd where lucas looked long then came back to Ricky and RW never even turned around...

in FINS, if that knock was directed at me, i was just trying to sum up your little post by pointing out your nitpicking...regardless of whether or not he is easily tripped, RW is amongst the most talented backs in dolphin history and has gained many a yard after the 1st hit. dont rip me for appreciating the 1st legitamate miami RB in my lifetime

ps- if your shot wasnt directed at me, forget i posted this;)

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
in FINS, if that knock was directed at me, i was just trying to sum up your little post by pointing out your nitpicking...regardless of whether or not he is easily tripped, RW is amongst the most talented backs in dolphin history and has gained many a yard after the 1st hit. dont rip me for appreciating the 1st legitamate miami RB in my lifetime

ps- if your shot wasnt directed at me, forget i posted this;)

It was directed at you, among others. If you had bothered to read the whole thread, you would have read where I said at least three times that I was extremely happy to have RW as our running back. I was merely making an observation(to which others agreed) and asking if there was anyway that he could improve. I stressed the fact that I think RW is a good back so that I wouldn't have people thinking I was unappreciative of what we have. Lot of good that did huh?

Back
Top Bottom