Discuss the Jets... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Discuss the Jets...

I hate to say it but the Jets had a great draft I thought. They did address their needs and got probably 2 pro-bowlers for many years to come. But Buffalo's draft is not as bad as some may think. The key is McCargo, if he pans out the draft is great , if not , then it is not. IMO:cooldude:

GrnMtnMan said:
The Jets had the best draft out of the AFC East by far. Then I think it's followed by New England. I like what we did but think we drafted out of need just a bit too much. Like the Hagan pick but would have preferred addressing another team need at that point. Happy with what we did but the Jets got value and need with their picks. Unfortunately, I hate to say it

Good job Jets :barf:

i'll commend the jets on theire draft casue i think they got some good picks.....i like leon washington late

kelly clemons is also a good qb which will make the team.....the 2 o-linemen are solid.....

but when ur in a position where u have the 4th pick and another 1st rounder....and a ton of other picks, it's ard to fail.....

the bills reached with their 1st 2 picks but did a good job getting Youbouty and Simpson.....2 guys that couldve gone in the 1st......I believe the Pats made a big mistake getting Maroney and not Williams......Chad Jackson was a steal although he was seen as a 2nd rounder until he ran that 4.3 40...

And i think we did just fine in our draft.....we didnt draft completely for need.....and we didnt really reach for a player.....Only time will tell with Allen but tis guy could come out as the best player in this draft....He's right next to Huff and if his hip is ok, which i'm sure it is, he's gonna be great for years to come....I love the Hagan pick......this guy can flat out play and will be our # 3. Wright is also a good pick....Ineterested to know what going on with that shoulder but he has a world of talent
ottom line we got players that have the talent and need to be coached up......and thats one thing we will do
B

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Kellen Clemens is a reach in the second round, especially since they gave up two late picks to move up and grab him.
And we gained a 2nd round pick next year...Because the Redskins are ****ing stupind...

BleedinGreenNC said:
whoever is a Jet's fan that wanted Leinart, doesnt know crap about football, we needed to get help on the front line, we did exactly that. Screw gangreen.com winy little girls.
1) it was the newbies that were crying for Leinart...That group of 12-16 year olds...

2) TGG > JI...

GreenMachine said:
1) it was the newbies that were crying for Leinart...That group of 12-16 year olds...

2) TGG > JI...

i think all Jet's boards had idiots like that, no offense on that last comment!!

BleedinGreenNC said:
i think all Jet's boards had idiots like that, no offense on that last comment!!
none taken....

The problem is people who post crap like that also believe Woody Paige and Skip Bayless are the best writers around..:sidelol:

I like the jets picks. Easily the best job in the AFC East but then ya had the most picks and should have picked up some good players.

When rebuilding a team with a new coach the O-Line and D-Line would be the best places to start and the O-Line was a big need for you. D-Line was marginally addressed with the Washington pick, but that was good value.

I do think ya reached on Clemons. There were a few QBs in the 2nd availiable but if that is the guy ya wanted then G'Luck.

When it comes to playing the jets I am very happy Houston screwed up the top of the draft and the Jets didn't get Mario Williams. Abraham is gone and your D isn't quite what it was without him and Law. Guess we will see how it works out.

Although you did well in addressing O-Line, personally I think there is better value in the first round for skilled positions. Ya think V. Davis and Addai in the first would have been a bad idea? Davis is gonna be a stud TE and I am glad he is way over in the NFC West.

Looking forward to Oct 15th, when we get to introdue your new O-Line to the Phins D. :D

In the end, I feel it's always better to build an O-Line first, that way later on a future QB will be well protected. Unfortanely the Jets finally done that, thanks to Mangini.

Nublar7 said:
The Jets are actually having a pretty good draft. It is a shame for us, but Jet fans can actually be happy this year. :(

:)

BZ

BleedinGreenNC said:

They were on every board, but the loudest I saw were on JI.

JN has the most sensible.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom