Do a number square for SB XLII | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do a number square for SB XLII

MNFINFAN

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I am doing a numbers square for my party tonight (on a 54" screen so as not to violate NFL rules) and I haven't done one for awhile, if I remember correctly you do the box of squares, have everyone fill out their name on the square and then after it is filled you then draw numbers for the sides, that way no one knows which numbers you have picked until after you have picked a square?

Thanks bredren!

Brother, I have no idea what you are talking about. :shakeno:
:lol:

yeah thats how you do it. each person pays for a square, then the numbers are added. There are four winners, one at the end of each quarter. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have other questions...

Hey guys and gals, I am doing a numbers square for my party tonight (on a 54" screen so as not to violate NFL rules) and I haven't done one for awhile, if I remember correctly you do the box of squares, have everyone fill out their name on the square and then after it is filled you then draw numbers for the sides, that way no one knows which numbers you have picked until after you have picked a square?

Thanks bredren!

That would be correct bro... Also, you need to draw the team name for placement on the top or left...

I got 100$ on the giants with a 12 point spread and i got two boxes.
1st one:
AFC: 3
NFC: 9

2nd:
AFC: 6
NFC: 9

Good numbers! so im really hoping i get lucky tonight!

I played this at work. here are my numbers:

#1 Giants 9, Pats 7

#2 Giants 3, Pats 2

#3 Giants 1, Pats 2
It pays out $75 first quarter, $150 half, $75 third quarter, and $200 final, no OT.

Paul,

If this thread was in Mandarin, I think I'd understand more of what you said.

I think I recognised the word 'screen'.

Paul,

lol, it's a game. Basically, take a sheet of paper and divide/create 10 X 10 squares. (Total of 100 squares with a persons name on each.) One team is on the side, one at the top. We used cards to pull the numbers 0-9, which run down the side and across the top. My game is by quarters, the half and final. For example, one of my squares matches to 9 for the Giants and 7 for the Pats. That number is the ending number of the score, not necessarily the actual score. So, if the Giants win the game 19-17, I would win.

I see.

I think.

Maybe.

...............no.............

I see.

I think.

Maybe.

...............no.............

I suppose a visual is in order. And in my contest, my friend Cheryl won both the first quarter and half scores. She's up $225, after only purchasing one square @ five bucks. :boohoo:

i won 100$, now wish i did a straight up bet. but im glad the record is safe for another year and im up 100$

Paul,

LOL! As Holli said it is a game.

You draw a grid up with 100 squares, 10 columns and 10 rows, say $10 a square, therefore $1000 in the pot. Everybody picks however many squares they want at $10 a pop.

Alongside the rows you draw numbers 0-9 and go down until all 10 rows haev a number associated with them.

Above the columns you do the same, so each row and and each column has a number associated with it.

These numbers match the last number of the score. i.e. 17-10 would correlate to the column that had 7 and the row that 0 in it, 29-13 would be the column that had 9 in it and the row that had 3 ini t.

Then you draw where each team goes, ie in my pool, giants were the columns, and Patriots the rows.

At the end of each qtr you take the score and match up on the grid.

Tonight it was 3-0 at the half Giants, I went to the column(Giants score) that had 3 in it and then went to row that had 0 in it and where they intersected on the grid that person won. It was then 7-3 Patriots after the half. I went to the row that had 7 in it as that was the Patriots score and they had the rows, and then went to the 3 column and traced down to where the row and column met, that person was the winner of the half. I did this for all the qtrs and didn't win a friggin cent :(

It is a great game of chance and we do this for golf major cuts, football games etc. We used to do this at my local in Cayman all the time but haven't done it up here so I was a bit rusty.

So let me get this right. One team gets a column, and one team gets a row. The first digit of a score is irrelevant unless the score is under ten. After that you only count the second digit of a number?

Aaah gambling 101 an interesting course. :woot:

As long as the Pats lost I couldn't be happier! :up:

Back
Top Bottom